Any info on a Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 2x ?

Koween

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for an upgrade for my GTX460, and I have in mind either a GTX660ti or a 670. I found this http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4282#ov
It is cheaper than any other GTX670 out there, it costs almost as much as any of the 660Tis with aftermarket coolers (MSI Twin Frozr, Galaxy etc.).
Do you guys know anything about it? How bad is it compared to the 3x model?
Since I'm thinking of going SLI with either of those choises (660ti or 670), I'd like to save as much money as possible for another upgrade.

Other than binning I know the 660Ti Windforce 2 runs mid 70's temps and the OC version will do over 1300 core...

I'm not sure what the binning is like on the Windforce 2 670's though considering there is the Windforce 3.

I don't know about the 670 Windforce 2, but the Windforce 3 Gigabyte 670 is pretty solid across the board from what I've read, and mine is very quiet + an obscene OC'er at nice low temperatures. It costs the same for the 2 as the 3 on Amazon... I've had my WF3 since they came out.

If you're thinking the 660 Ti, I have no personal experience with the WF2 cooler it uses, I just have read that the WF2 is meant to be a lower-cost "solution"/not as good. Definitely get the WF3 if going for a 670...

The thing is, that here in Norway a gtx670 wf2 costs some 15eur more than a gtx660ti, be it msi power edition or the kfa2 (galaxy). A good gtx670 (msi PE, wf3, kfa2 etc) costs almost 80eur more than a gtx660ti, which is a large amount, considering my final goal of SLI. Especially if this wf2 is almost as good as wf3. Since a gtx660ti copes well with that same cooler and those two chips are pretty close, 670wf2 might be a good candidate... Although tbh it looks really poor compared to kfa2, msi offerings...

The thing is, that here in Norway a gtx670 wf2 costs some 15eur more than a gtx660ti, be it msi power edition or the kfa2 (galaxy). A good gtx670 (msi PE, wf3, kfa2 etc) costs almost 80eur more than a gtx660ti, which is a large amount, considering my final goal of SLI. Especially if this wf2 is almost as good as wf3. Since a gtx660ti copes well with that same cooler and those two chips are pretty close, 670wf2 might be a good candidate... Although tbh it looks really poor compared to kfa2, msi offerings...

I would say the 670 WF2 is a good option in that pricing scenario, then :).

Back