Any good free disc burning ROM's?

lesman

2[H]4U
Hey I just put together a new PC with Windows XP Pro, and unlike my wife's Emachines, this doesn't have any disc burning programs like Nero. Can anyone link to any good, legitemately free disc burning programs? Thanks a lot.

PS. I've googled but I'm not sure what's "fishy" and what's not.

What do you need it to do? I ask this because you can burn cds native in xp and with a powertoy from MS you can burn ISOs. Personaly I would just buy an OEM copy of nero or ez cd creator. You can pick them up for less then 10 bucks and be done with it.

gesicht said:
i been using this problem called deepburner, works great.

The fact that you just called it a problem and not a program, makes me steer clear...

TheGamerZ said:
The fact that you just called it a problem and not a program, makes me steer clear...
lol, true. well I just discovered XP's built-in burning tools, but I'll try the one linked. thanks guys. :)

lesman said:
lol, true. well I just discovered XP's built-in burning tools, but I'll try the one linked. thanks guys. :)
The built in program is all but useless. Either of the free ones listed will work great for the basics.

djnes said:
The built in program is all but useless. Either of the free ones listed will work great for the basics.

All depends on what you need to do. If you just have a cd burner and need to copy a few files to a cd or something it works fine. If you want to mdo more then that yea you'll want something elce.

You can often get good deals on Nero by watching the ads. I got the boxed Nero 7 Ultra at Staples for $20 after rebates, and if they recognized my Nero 6 download version as meeting their upgrade criteria I would have gotten the $20 back too.

Back