Any discounted upgrade for Vista Ultimate users to Windows 7 ?

Most reasonable people would assault you if you said that to their face, especially in front of others.
Lucky for me then, I guess, that you aren't a reasonable person! If you would put your big boy pants on fdor a second, and do a small amount of research, you would know why I made the comments about disk thrashing. By complaining about it, you announced to everyone that you didn't give Vista much of a chance, not more than 7 - 10 days worth, where the disk thrashing would have stopped. Do YOUR research so you know what YOU are talking about, before pointing fingers, blame, and insults at others.

Protip: Start by googling this word: SuperFetch.

Read this article for the upgrade paths possible. This may help :D

http://windowssecrets.com/2009/07/02/08-Avoid-early-Windows-7-upgrade-surprises

You need to understand (as does anybody else reading) that with relation to the purchase and use of a Windows Upgrade Package the restriction upon 'upgrade paths possible' impact ONLY on the capacity to perform an 'over the top' upgrade install.

Any Windows Upgrade Pack can be used to upgrade the LICENSE of a previous version Windows installation. If the change from version to version does not constitute a 'valid upgrade path' that means only that the install of the later version needs to be performed as a clean install, rather than as an upgrade install. This hads ALWAYS been the case with Windows Upgrades.

As an example:

A person currently has Windows Vista Ultimate installed and licensed. That person desires to move to Windows 7 Home Premium.

A Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade package CAN be used to effect the change and to alter the license. Ultimate -> home Premium is not a 'valid upgrade path', so the change can not be performed by using an in-place upgrade install. Instead, that person will need to back up data, use the 'Custom Cleam install' facility of the Upgrade install disk to put a clean install in place, and then reinstall all necessary software afterwards.

I wish we could trade some vista keys for win 7 keys....

I have a few unused vista keys that i gotten from my college.

You need to understand (as does anybody else reading) that with relation to the purchase and use of a Windows Upgrade Package the restriction upon 'upgrade paths possible' impact ONLY on the capacity to perform an 'over the top' upgrade install.

Any Windows Upgrade Pack can be used to upgrade the LICENSE of a previous version Windows installation. If the change from version to version does not constitute a 'valid upgrade path' that means only that the install of the later version needs to be performed as a clean install, rather than as an upgrade install. This hads ALWAYS been the case with Windows Upgrades.

As an example:

A person currently has Windows Vista Ultimate installed and licensed. That person desires to move to Windows 7 Home Premium.

A Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade package CAN be used to effect the change and to alter the license. Ultimate -> home Premium is not a 'valid upgrade path', so the change can not be performed by using an in-place upgrade install. Instead, that person will need to back up data, use the 'Custom Cleam install' facility of the Upgrade install disk to put a clean install in place, and then reinstall all necessary software afterwards.

I know clean install is the way to go, but i'd get a upgrade OS if it's cheaper at this point. Point is there none for Ultimate as they want us to pay full price ..........

But ( wait for it..) .... why then are they offering this for the other Vistas for a cheap upgrade to Windows 7, but not for Ultimate ????? Do you think that is fair :confused:

Forget XP that is an old dying duck :rolleyes:

Anyhow, seems the master key for windows 7 got leaked so :x *evil grin

Point is there none for Ultimate as they want us to pay full price ..........

Nope! Wrong! (But only because you're looking at it all wrong way around)

You've kinda completely missed the point of my post, and the point being made by other knowledgeable and aware folk in the thread also.

This time around there is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED for anyone to eveen look for an 'Ultimate Upgrade' offer, because there is no need for anybody to even HAVE 'Ultimate'. A current Vista Ultimate User can get all of the functionality they need by instead choosing a 'Windows 7 Professional' Upgrade pack!

With Vista, some customers HAD to choose the 'Ultimate' version, because they needed both the business connectivity features and the multimedia features. With Windows 7, that combination comes in the 'Professional' version instead. Windows 7 Ultimate does NOT include any features whatsoever which are relevent to a standalone user. The 'extra features' over and above the Professional version are only relevent to large multinational corporations. It's the 'Enterprise' version in a standalone package, and does not have a practical purpose. It's basically a product designed to appease those people who want to feel superior about their purchase having the 'best word' attached to it!

Your sensible choice is a Windows 7 Professional Upgrade purchase, not a Windows 7 Ultimate Upgrade purchase. THAT is really the only relevent point to be made here!

:D

Back