Any abit AB9 QuadGT users?

You sure went extreme on the memory for someone with a high multiplier cpu and not planning on ocing high. :p Kind of pointless there. You probably could have saved half of that cash and still gotten 2gb of pc2-6400mem that would allow a 3.6ghz overclock but hey :).........Seems like a decent setup though.

You should have no problems getting to at least 3ghz... That is a fairly mild and easily obtainable overclock. Even the poor overclockers, should be able to do 3ghz. If you wernt able to get to 3ghz, you have a really poor chip.

I actually just got the Abit Quadgt myself last week. Ive been deciding on a cpu so....I cant build it yet. :/

True.... but was able to get the ram for $140 after rebate which I didn't feel was too expensive.

And it's the easist thing in the world to get a 2:1 and make full use of those Dom's even while at a stock 9x266. Cool and snappy, even if bandwidth isn't optimized with a pleasant OC. Glad to see you, Ottman!

I want to thank everyone for all the useful information in this thread. I've been tearing my hair out doing research since April 22, trying to decide on which motherboard I wanted for my upgrade. After all the hours I spent looking at photographs on newegg and reading reviews on every forum/enthusiast site imaginable, I realized I the only boards I liked cost over $200. I hadn't even heard of the QuadGT. Once I stumbled onto this thread, saw the layout, the price, and after more research into what people had to say about it, I felt more and more that this was the board for me. Thanks for putting me onto this board. Time will tell if it works for me, but at least I feel comfortable in my decision. Thanks!

Okay installation of this board is awesome. They weren't kidding about how perfectly layed out this board was. So easy to work with, makes my wire management even possible in my case. However, I ran into a problem where I start up the computer but it beeps like crazy like a little siren. But I can access the bios just fine, video works fine, etc. Any suggestions on what to do?

EDIT: Nvm got it working.

New Problem: Okay I can get everything started, but when I try to install Windows XP (when it says Setup is inspecting....), it just reboots and starts all over agains.

YoNeX, are you using an IDE or SATA optical drive? If SATA, disable the Jmicron controller in the Bios.

Are you using RAID or IDE? If using the RAID (or AHCI, for that matter) you'll need to load the Intel drivers at F6.

Just using a standard IDE Optical Drive w/ a Raptor Hard Drive (SATA).

How is the Intel ICH8R set up in the Bios? There are three options, consisting of: IDE, RAID, and AHCI. If you're just on the one hard drive, you'll get along best with setting it to IDE. No need for drivers that way. So that would be...

Intel controller set to IDE.
and...
Jmicron controller also set to IDE.

If you still encounter the error after that, check back and post your full system specs. Sound like a plan?

Just using a standard IDE Optical Drive w/ a Raptor Hard Drive (SATA).

How is the Intel ICH8R set up in the Bios? There are three options, consisting of: IDE, RAID, and AHCI. If you're just on the one hard drive, you'll get along best with setting it to IDE. No need for drivers that way. So that would be...

Intel controller set to IDE.
and...
Jmicron controller also set to IDE.

If you still encounter the error after that, check back and post your full system specs. Sound like a plan?

Hmm, how do I access those settings actually. I just can set the JMicron Sata controller to IDE, I can't seem to see where in the bios I can access the other stuff.

E6320 // RaptorX 150GB // DDR2-800 G.Skill HZ @ 2v 4-4-4-12 // EVGA 8800GTS 640MB // OCZ GamerXStream 700W PSU // Nec 3220A DVD Drive/Burner (IDE)

Ill probably run into the exact same problem. Since I run a sata raptor with IDE dvd-rom drives. So any info is helpful.

If you run into issues, the first thing to do is disable the USB controller.

Well, you all talked me into picking up this board. So far, I love it, it took my E6600 to 3.6 in no time. Too bad I'm going to have to RMA the thing. The PWMs hiss like crazy, even at stock speeds. Loud enough to drown out everything else in the system. Has anyone else here run into this?

Well, you all talked me into picking up this board. So far, I love it, it took my E6600 to 3.6 in no time. Too bad I'm going to have to RMA the thing. The PWMs hiss like crazy, even at stock speeds. Loud enough to drown out everything else in the system. Has anyone else here run into this?

I definitely do not.

. The PWMs hiss like crazy, even at stock speeds. Loud enough to drown out everything else in the system. Has anyone else here run into this?
There have been a few reports - it seems increasingly common for there to be reports of noisy PWM/caps on many perfomance mobos & whilst the QuadGT isn't immune it's pretty rare.
The DFI 965-S apparently commonly does it & there are plenty of reports of similar on the Asus Commando, Gigabytes etc.

what PSU are you using (I wonder if the PSU can be a contributing factor)?

what PSU are you using (I wonder if the PSU can be a contributing factor)?
I'm wondering that as well, I'm using an Ultra X3 1kW. Going to put in my old Enermax Liberty to see if the same thing happens.

I have a few questions for all you quadgt peeps.

I just got this board up and running with an E6400 yesterday. I have noticed a few things I wanted to ask about.

First off. You people who use speedfan, does it very inaccurately display the volts and temps for a few things? Also, do my two core temps seem normal for stock volts, stock speed with stock heatsink?

My temps right now at stock volts, stock speeds with stock heatsink.

System: 19C
CPU: -77C (whatever the hell this is supposed to be)
AUX: -30C (Dont know this one either)
HD0: 32C
HD1: 31C
Core0: 48C
Core1: 47C

vcore: 1.57 (This is obviously wrong, since it should be 1.325)
+12V: 9.45 (Im not sure what this should be)
AVcc: 3.26 (Not sure on this either)

Second. I really loved how I could adjust the fan speed via Speedfan of the CPU FAN. It seems as the motherboard or Speedfan for this system doesnt read the CPU FAN. :( I am unable to view the RPM's with Speedfan now. That kind of sucks. Do you guys have the same thing?

I just bought this board recently after several months of fighting with a couple of 680i boards.

It is truly an incredible board. I currently run a Qx6700 at 400x9. And its stable unlike the 680i boards i had.

Just wanted to give credit when credit is due. Awesome board, i highly recommend it.

Does anyone here have TAT installed on this board. I install it fine but every time I try to open it I get. "Error enumerating On Clock Demand Modulation support....Terminating tool.

Retsam,

I don't use Speedfan however I found the latest version of PC Wizard works just fine with the Abit uGuru monitoring chip. If you minimize the program to your taskbar it will display your CPU, Video Card, and Hard drive temps in the upper right hand corner of the screen. I don't believe it keeps historical log data, but it works fine for instantaneous measurement.

http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

Ordered 2 more GB's of the mem in my sig. Vista 64 4x1 GB here we come. Lets see if I can have all slots populated with the same spec modules and still remain at 500 FSB.

My guess? Should be fine as my timings are already relaxed 5-5-5-12 2T and 1000mhz, 66 under spec @ 2.175V.

Im hoping I won't have to do any more then relax to 5-5-5-15 2T and possibly raise mem V to 2.2V. We shall see if I am orthos blend stable at least 12 hours

My overclock. Don't think I can push it any further. One of the easiest motherboards to work with! Validation link.

3100ss9.jpg

Hey YoNeX, getting there, Sir! Tickle the ICH voltage and see if that gets you any further.

Just thought I'd let everyone in: I ordered my IP35-Pro today and should get it in about a week. I'm really interested in contrasting it against the QuadGT in performance and features. Should be fun until the X38's arrive a few months later. Speaking of which, abit has two planned: The IX38-Max with the black pcb, and the...

IX38-QuadGT !!!

Didn't I say this was going to be a fun summer? ;)

& the other main difference:
IX38-MAX DDR3
IX38 QuadGT DDR2

I think that the MAX also gets a better sound codec.

Hey YoNeX, getting there, Sir! Tickle the ICH voltage and see if that gets you any further.

Just thought I'd let everyone in: I ordered my IP35-Pro today and should get it in about a week. I'm really interested in contrasting it against the QuadGT in performance and features. Should be fun until the X38's arrive a few months later. Speaking of which, abit has two planned: The IX38-Max with the black pcb, and the...

IX38-QuadGT !!!

Didn't I say this was going to be a fun summer? ;)

Yeah, I think I reached my peak, it won't go any further despite how much volts I give it. Might be my memory, but I'll tweak more with that later on, a 1100 mhz is nothing to cry about ;)

& the other main difference:
IX38-MAX DDR3
IX38 QuadGT DDR2

I think that the MAX also gets a better sound codec.

Thanks Buff, that's great to know! I guess it will mostly come down to performance, then price and availability of DDR3, when I'm seriously considering which X38 board to get. Though, I am rather partial to the handsome shade of blue abit uses for its boards.

TI guess it will mostly come down to performance, then price and availability of DDR3, when I'm seriously considering which X38 board to get.
Yup, although I expect the transition from DDR2 to DDR3 to be like that of DDR to DDR2 - no real benefit for the first year or so until the processes, speed & timings improve.
& if like me you have decent DDR2 & can get similar performance (going by initial P35 results on DDR2/DDR3) without having to spend a couple hundred more for new RAM ...

Yup, although I expect the transition from DDR2 to DDR3 to be like that of DDR to DDR2 - no real benefit for the first year or so until the processes, speed & timings improve.
& if like me you have decent DDR2 & can get similar performance (going by initial P35 results on DDR2/DDR3) without having to spend a couple hundred more for new RAM ...

In other words, don't spend the money for DDR2 and PCI-Express 2.0 just yet, wait around next year before making the transition :D

Just wanted to ask a quick question since I'm getting close to my new build.. Will a Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme fit properly on a QuadGT? I haven't seen anything saying it won't, but I just wanted to make sure.. Also planning on putting it all in an Antec Solo or P180B.. haven't decided which yet..

Just wanted to ask a quick question since I'm getting close to my new build.. Will a Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme fit properly on a QuadGT? I haven't seen anything saying it won't, but I just wanted to make sure.. Also planning on putting it all in an Antec Solo or P180B.. haven't decided which yet..

I don't see why not. The only thing in the neighborhood is the NB cooler, and that is pretty low in height.

has anyone use the eSATA ports on this mobo. I recently bought a external HD that supports this format and nothing happens when i plug it in.

has anyone use the eSATA ports on this mobo. I recently bought a external HD that supports this format and nothing happens when i plug it in.

Hi, Timmy! Go into the Bios and ENABLE the Jmicron controller (it's in Integrated PCI Devices, or some such submenu), then set it to IDE. Reboot and see if your eSATA drive is detected then. Good luck!

I can't seem to get my uGuru changes to stick. I'll change them, save to CMOS, and then restart, but no changes. I'm still locked at 1.8 ghz with my 4300. Any ideas?

I can't seem to get my uGuru changes to stick. I'll change them, save to CMOS, and then restart, but no changes. I'm still locked at 1.8 ghz with my 4300. Any ideas?

Which version are you using?

3.104 is Vista compatible, you'll find it on the abit global site.

Sounds like you may be putting in values that aren't stable - what are you setting?

3.104 is Vista compatible, you'll find it on the abit global site.

Sounds like you may be putting in values that aren't stable - what are you setting?

Setting it at 300mhz x9 = bringing it to 2.7 ghz.

EDIT: That was it. I set it to 250mhz x9 and it worked fine. Now to figure out why 2.7 ghz isn't stable. That really sucks...I'm using an Arctic Freezer Pro 7 and two case fans blowing directly on it. Any ideas? I haven't touched volts or anything. What, if anything, should I be changing in there? I'm completely new to OCing, so maybe I'm just missing a key option or something.

EDIT 2: I just realized there's something on the actual board that it looks like I should have installed...the GURU panel connection header? What does this do, and is this necessary for a successful overclock? Where do I get the cables to hook this up? Thanks for all the help!

EDIT 3: Also, I went on the uabit.com site, clicked on support, utility downloads, LGA 775, Intel P965, AB9 but the version there is v3.037. How do I get 3.104?

Back