Any 24” 4K High-Refresh Options?

Panel

Limp Gawd
I’ve been using a non-gaming oriented 27” 5K display for the past 6 month now, and it’s reaffirmed what I already suspected: resolution is more important and noticeable to me than anything else for office tasks. That said, I surprisingly also find it to be slightly too large for comfort, and the text to be a little too small at 200% scaling.

I figured that a smaller 25” or 24” 4K display would both be a better size and have slightly larger text at 200% scaling, but it doesn’t make any sense to move over to one if these are the only changes. I’d rather wait for a model that brings 120Hz with it.

Is anything like this coming up on the horizon?

Panel

Limp Gawd
Why not just push the monitor back a little bit and increase the scaling?
No desk space, unfortunately. I work on a built-in space, so a wall makes up the rear of the desk. Scaling could fix one of the issues, but then I’d lose pixel-perfect scaling, and I quite like that.

cybereality

Supreme [H]ardness
I didn't find anything exactly what you were asking for.

Maybe go for 1440p without scaling? Or stay at 27" but drop to 4K, which should still help a bit and there are high refresh at that size.

Panel

Limp Gawd
I didn't find anything exactly what you were asking for.

Maybe go for 1440p without scaling? Or stay at 27" but drop to 4K, which should still help a bit and there are high refresh at that size.
Yeah, I didn’t think anything exactly like this existed, but I wanted to be sure before writing off the possibility.

Right now 27” at 4K is probably the best option, but do any of you wizards that watch the upcoming panel production lines know if something like this is on the horizon?

Thanks as always.

DanNeely

2[H]4U
TFT Central's most recent high speed panel roundup, only has 24" 1080p panels being preannouced by the panel makers, so I think you're out of luck.

Reactions: Panel
like this

XoR_

[H]ard|Gawd
27" is good size and 5K is certainly good resolution for nice sharp fonts.
I even considered getting 5K monitor but there is no gaming 5K, let alone 120Hz and as far as I know 5K panels are glossy and I like matte panels.

8K Dell looks nice but it also is not that well suited for games and might be too big :)

Reactions: Panel
like this

Comixbooks

[H]F Junkie
That is what I want a 25" VA panel that is 2K with an adjustable stand.

XoR_

[H]ard|Gawd
2K is 1080p
Officially it is 2048x1080, but the most common derivative is 1920x1080.

I know you probably know this but it bares repeating.
Some people use "2K" name to point to 2560x1440 monitors, that is why I ask.
Imho names like "2K" should not be used at all. Best to use full resolution.

Panel

Limp Gawd
Has anything changed on this front? I know there have been a ton of new high refresh 4K monitors either released or announced over the past few months. Have any of them been bellow the usual 27" size?

frisbfreek

Weaksauce
And 5k should be known as FQHD.
And 8K should be known as FUHD

I'll let you guess what the F stands for
Did you mean we should guess what the "FU" stands for? :p

Apparently here are already a bunch of names for 7680 × 4320 according to Wikipedia:
This is the resolution of the UHDTV2 format defined in SMPTE ST 2036–1, as well as the 8K UHDTV format defined in ITU-R BT.2020. It was also chosen by the DVB project as the resolution for their 8K broadcasting standard, UHD-2.
But I'm pretty sure 4K, 5K, and 8K are well understood terms at this point.