Since the Galaxy S5 and Note 4, Samsung batteries have featured an anti-dog warning label. The explanation for this is that canines could easily pierce the battery if chewed and cause it to swell or burst into flames, which would be a particularly painful predicament if ingested. Am I the only one who finds this ironic, since South Korea reportedly eats 100,000 tons of dog meat (2.5 million dogs) a year? …battery ingestion is dangerous to both humans and pets. But lithium-ion batteries in particular have a high output, which means they can explode (as we’ve famously learned from the Note 7.) My colleague Angela Chen explains that “the higher the voltage is, the more likely the electrolytes are to combine in a way that makes them catch fire.” If a dog were to chew and puncture the battery, it could cause the battery to swell and potentially burst into flames. Basically, you don’t want Fido in a situation where a battery could hiss and explode in its mouth. It’s obviously possible that a child could bite through the battery as well, but the likelihood of him / her piercing through the battery is lower.