Antec True380SP (20 pin connector) working ok in a 24pin mobo?

Sikpupi

Limp Gawd
Building a new machine for my stepdaughter (nothing too special) AMD 4350E, Integrated GFX mobo, 1 HD etc.
I have this PSU laying around, would be a shame to waste it, do I just ignore the other 4 pins?

Ehh some mobos can boot from a 20Pin connector even if it has a 24Pin power port. So yes you can ignore the 4Pin assuming that your mobo won't act all crazy without those 4Pins.

HOWEVER, your power supply is still a problem. Like many of Antec's Smartpower, Truepower I and II as well as TrueBlue PSUs, that True380SP uses the troublesome Fuhjyyu caps and a poor cooling design. In other words, that PSU will more than likely die with your new system, even though it's a relatively low power system. Considering that the PSU is close to 5 years old by now, there's a good chance that it can no longer provide 380W of power cleanly and safely. In fact, it may not even be capable of providing 150W of power cleanly and safely.

Thanks for the reply Danny, you touched on some points that I had actually thought about.
Might just be safer to get a 400W seasonic or something.

Cheers!

Back