Antec Sonata II Owners: PSU Good or Bad?

Dangman

Ninja Editor SuperMod
For Antec Sonata II owners, how is the included power supply performing? I read a few reviews on Newegg about that PSU and the majority of the reviews of it are bad. So I was wondering, how good or how bad is the Sonata II's PSU?

I ask because I just bought the Sonata II for my bro three months ago and I do not want his system being scrubbed due to a faulty PSU.

I've had my Sonata since October-ish and the PSU is performing just fine. No problems whatsoever with the case, either....except for that retarded air duct.

same here. i've built 2 separate machines w/ this case, one dfi nf4, 3200 venice, 7800gt system and one e6300 ds3 system.

handles both systems fine.

@ $99 it is a good deal... solid psu and very nice case.

btw i believe it is only 420w so if you need more power than you should get a better psu. i think most will say 420w is low for newer machines with multiple hdds and performance gfx cards

The PSU that comes with the case is 450W, which is great for a basic mid-end setup, but if you're going SLI, you're gonna have to upgrade. :(

Mine died on me in September, but I'm at fault for it dieing, and It ran just fine before that, no problems whatsoever. To replace it, I got the Smartpower 2.0 400w because that's the highest rated non-generic branded I could find locally, and even that one is handling the rig in my sig just fine. Though I really should RMA my other one....

P.S. I had my other one running since early March, when I built the computer, oh and I don't use the air duct, I find it's noisier with it on.

Bought mine Dec 2005,the ps died in March,rma'd right away,1.5 month after I sent it off,I got back another 450 sp 2.0,it worked til about Oct 06,rma'd that last week,and waiting again.Parts in the system were : Asus p4b800,1.6a @ 2.48 1.6v,OCZ dominator 4800rpm hsf,sb live 5.1,2x 512 mb sticks of ddr400 corsair value,2 256 mb sticks of OCZ Platinum,MSI 5900xt,60gb maxtor d740x ata100,160gb maxtor ata133,50x sony cd rom,12x dvd rw lg,Not exactly a heavy load :mad:

Right now the system is running off a Enermax 485 watter,problem free.The above system is my wifes current gaming system.

Back