Antec Solo or Lian Li PC-7B+ II

Antec Solo or Lian Li PC-7B+ II

• Total voters

alik4041

[H]ard|Gawd
Building a PC for my uncle who wants a professional looking case. So I am down to these two cases. The parts that I will be purchasing for the PC are as follows:

Q6600
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro
Abit IP35 Pro
2x2GB G.Skill PC6400 (5-5-5-15)
Corsair 650TX
WD 640GB AAKS (WD6400AAKS)
EVGA 8600GT
Samsung 203N
Samsung Floppy

He is looking for this to be a PC which he can do all kind of nerdy stuff really: from DOS to Vista with winnt being somewhere in there :p

Anyways, I'm stumped as to which one is the better case so I will let you guys decide. The only information I know about the two cases is that the 7B has some known rattling issues and the Solo has some nice intake fan filters.

EDIT: Almost forgot, here are some links to give you an easier time choosing.

Antec Solo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129018

Lian Li PC-7B+ II
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112099

I'm going to say neither and get the PC-K7B while it's still on sale. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112154&Tpk=pc-k7b

Also, why a 650w psu? Go with the HX520W for that build.
That was my first choice, but there is a combo special on the Abit IP35 Pro and the TX650. Plus the 650 is $15 cheaper than the 520.

And why the PC-K7B over the PC-7B? The only think I can think of are the 2x 120mm intake fans vs the 1 in the PC-7B. But the internal cage which holds the hard drives bocks the intake a bit. If you could just clarify please as to why you made this choice :)

And why the PC-K7B over the PC-7B? The only think I can think of are the 2x 120mm intake fans vs the 1 in the PC-7B. But the internal cage which holds the hard drives bocks the intake a bit. If you could just clarify please as to why you made this choice :)

The PC-K7B can produce more airflow, the hhd mounting system has rubber grommets to reduce noise and vibration, and the case has pre-drilled holes for cable routing all over the place, as seen in the pictures on Newegg. Has the ventilated PCI slots and it's just a really nice case. I also suggested it because I just bought it =P. It's the same price as the PC-7B atm, so that's nice as well. It's a great deal.

After not much thinking the Lian Li WINS! :cool:

To decide over which of the two Lian Li cases to choose from (K7B or 7B), I'll be leaving it up to my uncle where he likes his power button with his external connections (top of the case or the front). Thanks for your help guys. Honestly, now that I take a close look at the solo, I say to myself "What were you thinking!?!" lol. Thanks again. :)

I used the PC-7B on a recent build and its a nice case, but its not exactly solid. If you touch the case on any side, the panels vibrate. I had to use some 3M microfiber tape to gasket all of the mating surfaces, and it worked like a charm. The HDD mounting isn't that great either, and it makes the whole case vibrate if its on a hard surface.

I also had to cut holes in the mobo tray for cable routing. I was happy with the end-result, but it did take extra work.

$0.02

I used the PC-7B on a recent build and its a nice case, but its not exactly solid. If you touch the case on any side, the panels vibrate. I had to use some 3M microfiber tape to gasket all of the mating surfaces, and it worked like a charm. The HDD mounting isn't that great either, and it makes the whole case vibrate if its on a hard surface.

I also had to cut holes in the mobo tray for cable routing. I was happy with the end-result, but it did take extra work.

$0.02
You have officially scared me off of the 7B. K7B here I come!

Back