• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Antec PSU urgent question!!

SirKronan

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
4,732
I have the Antec 1000w TruePower PSU. It has been running good for the few months that it has been in my i7 system, but now I'm worried.

Do they have a built in alarm? The system boots up fine and everything seems to run ok, but now I'm getting this extremely piercing and extremely loud "BEEP"..."BEEP"..."BEEP"..."BEEP" every time I turn it on. It still seems to run fine, but the alarm is unbearable. The graphics cards seem to work. Windows doesn't display any errors, and the motherboard seems happy, so I'm thinking it's the PSU.

If it is the PSU, what the heck does the beep mean? I haven't even been using this unit for more than a few months, so it's still covered under warranty. And I don't think I'm loading it to the max. Shouldn't it be able to run a single 295 and a physics card? I do have a hefty overclock on the i7, but this thing still rarely pulls more than 500w from the wall, and the alarm is now constant, even at idle.

I also have the unit on a nice 860w UPS with AVR, so I know it's getting good power.

HEEEELLLP PLEASE!!!!
 
I know you said you had enough power w/ that UPS, but take it out of the loop and see if your problems continue.
 
No current Antec units have a built in alarm - you're hearing something else make noise.
 
It's either your motherboard or your GPU. Like Wolf said, there is no alarm in the PSU.
 
False alarm I am an idiot. It was my FAN CONTROLLER!!!

Sorry for wasting all of your time! Thanks for the helpful responses though.
 
No problem at all, better a fan controller than a UPS :)
 
No problem at all, better a fan controller than a UPS :)

Oh yeah. And I knew it wasn't my UPS. No flashing lights, alarms, or anything on the display screen. I never imagined that tiny little fan controller could make a noise that loud and shrill, but sure enough. I guess one of the fans was spinning too slowly. It's the Kaze Server. I turned it up a bit, and now it's good to go.
 
Back
Top