• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Antec p183 Optional Fan Placement

Shuk

n00b
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
33
Hey I bought one extra fan for my p183 but I also have a cooler master Hyper 212 cooler which allows for an extra fan on the CPU cooler. Should I put the extra fan in the front of the case or on the heatsink? Which provides better cooling?
 
Try out both setups (fan on the HSF and fan in front) and see what works best for you. You already have the hardware.
 
I'd guess that placing it at the front of the case may improve flow through the case which would benefit case temps, and that placing it on the heatsink will benefit the cpu more. But problably only by 1 or 2C....I have two intake fans at the front of my P183, and one exhaust at the rear with one fan on my cpu heatsink and it seems to be a nice balance.
 
I'd guess that placing it at the front of the case may improve flow through the case which would benefit case temps
Anything which lowers case temperature nearer room temperature drops also CPU temps similarly.
(because HSF has fixed delta-T)
Especially with non exhausting graphics card increasing case airflow is never bad thing.
 
Depends on how good your airflow is in the case and on the CPU. I had case and heatsink airflow (yateloons @ 5v) so I saw great gains from both an added intake fan and a second fan on my TRUE. Try both.
 
Back
Top