Antec P180

Can some post a closeup of their door edge?

I have a mod in mind, but I need to see where the aluminum ends on the side panel.

Received mine a couple days ago, this is BY FAR the highest quality case I've owned. Yeah you can say I've been cheap before but 80-90 dollar cases at Fry's ain't all bad either. This one, however, is really high quality. Lots of little helpful features here and there that make it a joyful experience to mess with this case.

*sighs* Right after I ordered mine from newegg @ $135 + $15 shipping.

Oh well, hopefully I'll have it on Wednesday so I can get all these parts off my desk. :p

Is tehconweb reputible though? I want my case ASAP, not wanting to wait 2 weeks for them to ship it, or whatever else happens with the miscreant vendors.

SarverSystems said:
Is tehconweb reputible though? I want my case ASAP, not wanting to wait 2 weeks for them to ship it, or whatever else happens with the miscreant vendors.
frys has it in stock for $159.
i picked mine locally from directron.com for $143 after tax, since technoweb was also local to me and i get charged tax. didnt technoweb take like 2 weeks to ship? if i wanted fast i would get from newegg, i seemed to always get stuff fast from them.

Wait a minute, Techonweb is in Houston? Where exactly? I'd like to go pick it up for only $108+tax. I was just about to get it at Directron for 129+tax.

na i posted wrong, in texas i mean, haha
i think its in dallas. so buying from them was like $4 savings at the time.

techonweb was just fine with my order. of course I had to wait because it was on backorder, but once they got it and I confirmed that I still wanted it the case shipped out the next day. From there it is all the shipping company and out of techonwebs control. So in my mind it was a great job on their part, and getting the case for around least 30$ cheaper than anywhere else was a nice plus :)

I had my doubts in dealing with them also, but they worked very well for me.

Does anyone know how easy it is to cut this case? I'm thinking of maybe doing a window mod or modding a Airplex grill to the top.

How long does your 12V cable need to be in order to get it plugged in! Where can I get extension cables from in the UK?

Johnie said:
Does anyone know how easy it is to cut this case? I'm thinking of maybe doing a window mod or modding a Airplex grill to the top.

It won't be fun, you will have to cut through 3 layers of sound deatning material and by which your negating the purpose of the case, silence.

well i finally got one in the uk, spent the whole afternoon building it. first impressions are that it is a quality case, sound levels are reasonable with the fans on medium and the wiring is very difficult, i will have to go back in and tidy it up a bit, i was just a bit keen to get it up and running. overall a worthwhile purchase. i dont have the gfx duct installed because the fan hits my cards, is there a way round this. sorry if its been mentioned but i couldnt be bothered reading through all 20 odd pages.

dogard said:
well i finally got one in the uk, spent the whole afternoon building it. first impressions are that it is a quality case, sound levels are reasonable with the fans on medium and the wiring is very difficult, i will have to go back in and tidy it up a bit, i was just a bit keen to get it up and running. overall a worthwhile purchase. i dont have the gfx duct installed because the fan hits my cards, is there a way round this. sorry if its been mentioned but i couldnt be bothered reading through all 20 odd pages.

Find a 80x80x15mm fan instead of the regular 80x80x25mm ones.

Are any of you guys using the top exhaust fan up-side-down to blow on the CPU and video card? I'm wondering if that's a better solution ...........

I ordered mine, finally. Lots of pricing errors on lots of websites.

I will take some different temperature readings with the fans in different directions and let you guys know the results.

I just got mine set up this weekend. I got this cpu heatsink and this gpu heatsink with their fans running at 5V, this psu and 4 of these fans.

You don't know how many times I've walked in the room and thought "damn, how'd the computer turn off." :p My old setup was a bit loud. Now I have a Coolermaster ATC-110 to play around with.

So you don't have to click on the links, my setup is an Antec P180 case with a Zalman CNPS7700-CU CPU Heatsink, a Zalman VF700-CU GPU Heatsink, an Antec Phantom Fanless 350W PSU, and 4 Nexus 120mm 22.8 dBA fans. I'm very happy with the results.

Asus A8N-SLI Premium, A64 3000+, Thermalright PC-120, Geforce 6800.... That's what I have ordered.

JON BLAST said:
Just Testing

wtf9pk.gif

Johnie said:
You can get the case with a custom window for $220 + shipping from Performance PCs. Quite a bit extra, but would save you lots of time, and possibly messing up your case.

Can someone do me a favor and measure the back of the case from bottom to the top of the plastic top fan housing.My desk height is limited and want to know if it will fit and have good clearence for the top fan.

I just got this case today. Did anyone put a 120mm in the bottom front? I cant get it to fit in. There must be a secret way of doing this that I don't know about.

Johnie said:
I just got this case today. Did anyone put a 120mm in the bottom front? I cant get it to fit in. There must be a secret way of doing this that I don't know about.
Bottom front? In front of the drive cage?

For all those in the San Diego area (and probably LA as well) Fry's has the P180 for $130 after a $30 MIR. Probably the best deal you can get right now, considering you don't have to pay shipping if you walk in.

dudewth said:
Bottom front? In front of the drive cage?

Yea, I couldn't get a 120mm to fit there. There's probably something painfully obvious that I'm missing.

I got the case on the way, and a few 120mm fans, too. When I get it, I'll be determined to make it fit.

Johnie said:
Yea, I couldn't get a 120mm to fit there. There's probably something painfully obvious that I'm missing.
like the metal in the way? :eek: take a dremel to it and it will fit. :)

Anyone ever find out if the Antec Phantom 500 will fit in this mutha? I assume you can't use the PS cage with it, but will it fit ok?

gman said:
Anyone ever find out if the Antec Phantom 500 will fit in this mutha? I assume you can't use the PS cage with it, but will it fit ok?
why wouldn't it fit?
:confused:

Phantom 500 will fit in the P180. However it'll take some work, because you have to make sure to route the cables such that they won't interfere with the lower chamber fan. If you're not carefull I imagine bad things would happen.

It's probably best to remove the fan, install the Phantom, then reinstall the fan.

Johnie said:

You can't put a fan in the bottom front, only in the middle with the mounting bracket.

Back