Antec Gallery Post Here!

Ive heard that these cases are really really quite becuase there are no vent holes in the side panel.(the 180/190/192 is that true?

and, in the 180/190/192, is there an intake fan? i see the top ones blowing out (hot air rises) and then the back one blowing out. is there a front one?

Ive heard that these cases are really really quite becuase there are no vent holes in the side panel.(the 180/190/192 is that true?

and, in the 180/190/192, is there an intake fan? i see the top ones blowing out (hot air rises) and then the back one blowing out. is there a front one?

to the first question, in theory, yes, in practice, no.

to the 2nd question, the upper chamber is given one intake fan, and the fan behind the hdd cage in the lower chamber turns it basically into a (weak) wind tunnel. I like my P180B, it just scratches to damn easy.

ok, cool cool.

where would the intake fan get the air from??
i wouldnt think that it would get enough air from those 1 or 2 (im not sure how many) side vents the run up and down the front

My Antec 900 "Black Edition"
IMG_8926.jpg

IMG_8930.jpg

IMG_8928.jpg

Now this is my server that I run 24/7 in my room, I hate to have LED's or noise so I changed the fans.

just curious....what proceedure and what paint did you use??

Damn, I really envy some of the setups...

Here's my P182 and Solo:

P182:
DSC_7273_Big.sized.jpg

DSC_8338_DXO.sized.jpg

Solo (during building + complete):
DSC_2892.sized.jpg

DSC_2903.sized.jpg

... Gonna redo my Solo later this year, when I find the energy..

Both boxes are built for silence.

I just posted these in the main "show off your pc" thread, but since both of my cases are Antec, I'll post here too. :)

P180B - Main HTPC

- Antec P180B
- MSI P6N Diamond
- Core2Duo E6750 (OC 3Ghz) w/ lapped Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
- Kingston HyperX 2 x 1GB DDR2 RAM (PC6400)
- EVGA nVidia 8800GT 512MB SSC w/Arctic Cooling Accelero S1
- Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 MCE
- SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA
- LG HD DVD/Blu-Ray Combo Drive
- WD SE16 320GB & SE16 500GB x 2
- Enermax Infiniti 720w PSU
- Yate Loon 120mm fan x 4

IMG_7198.jpg

IMG_7195.jpg

IMG_7199.jpg

IMG_7204.jpg

img_7015.jpg

Please excuse the mess.
IMG_6988.JPG

NSK-2480 - Bedroom HTPC

- Antec NSK2480
- Gigabyte GA-8I865GME-775-RH
- Core2Duo E4500 w/ Scythe Ninja Mini (passive/ducted)
- CORSAIR XMS 2 x 1GB DDR RAM (PC3200)
- HIS X1650XT IceQ Turbo Edition
- Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 MCE
- Memorex DVD Burner
- Seagate Baracuda SATA I 80GB & 120GB
- Antec SU380 "Earthwatts" 380w PSU

IMG_7242.jpg

IMG_7231.jpg

IMG_7232.jpg

img_7239.jpg

I made a duct to help direct air flow through the Ninja Mini.
IMG_7240.jpg

IMG_7235.jpg

Swapped Scythe fan from Ninja Mini
IMG_7074.jpg

IMG_7246.jpg

^^ nice HTPC. I've been looking to build one myself, but all my budget for the last year have gone into my 900 and my Sonata III builds.

Is anyone rocking the Antec Veris Fusion 430 with pics yet? I really like the looks of the case, but wanna see some builds before I drop $200 on a case.

I just posted these in the main "show off your pc" thread, but since both of my cases are Antec, I'll post here too. :)

P180B - Main HTPC

- Antec P180B
- MSI P6N Diamond
- Core2Duo E6750 (OC 3Ghz) w/ lapped Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
- Kingston HyperX 2 x 1GB DDR2 RAM (PC6400)
- EVGA nVidia 8800GT 512MB SSC w/Arctic Cooling Accelero S1
- SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA
- LG HD DVD/Blu-Ray Combo Drive
- WD SE16 320GB & SE16 500GB x 2
- Enermax Infiniti 720w PSU
- Yate Loon 120mm fan x 4

IMG_7198.jpg

IMG_7195.jpg

IMG_7199.jpg

IMG_7204.jpg

img_7015.jpg

Please excuse the mess.
IMG_6988.JPG

NSK-2480 - Bedroom HTPC

- Antec NSK2480
- Gigabyte GA-8I865GME-775-RH
- Core2Duo E4500 w/ Scythe Ninja Mini (passive/ducted)
- CORSAIR XMS 2 x 1GB DDR RAM (PC3200)
- HIS X1650XT IceQ Turbo Edition
- Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 MCE
- Memorex DVD Burner
- Seagate Baracuda SATA I 80GB & 120GB
- Antec SU380 "Earthwatts" 380w PSU

IMG_7242.jpg

IMG_7231.jpg

IMG_7232.jpg

img_7239.jpg

I made a duct to help direct air flow through the Ninja Mini.
IMG_7240.jpg

IMG_7235.jpg

Swapped Scythe fan from Ninja Mini
IMG_7074.jpg

IMG_7246.jpg

On the P180B was it a tight fit to get the power supply in. I heard some people say the lower part of the case is to tight to get things in and out during install.

^^ maybe we shouldnt quote like 14 pictures to ask a simple comment. Just take out the links next time please :)

Guess I will post it in here too, since I am sure not everyone looks in the P180, P182, etc thread.

Here it is, feel free to let me know what you think, good or bad. Specs are in the sig.

All the goodies
IMG_0611.jpg

"Murdered Out" P182 Gunmetal
IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

Everything Installed
IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

Little update to my computer. Put is a side window. Took me a while to figure out how I wanted to do it, but I think it turned out pretty good. I used clear acrylic with a grey tint, that way I could stick to my "murdered out" theme. Also got a couple more Antec Tri-Cool Blue led fans. Not sure how many will notice, but the Zalman 9700NT comes with green leds in the fan, well I took it all apart and replaced the greens with blue leds. Unfortunately I ripped part of the circuit board so only one of the two leds actually work. I will probably buy a new fan later and fix it right, but for right now it works fine. I thought about taking the fan from the 9700 led, since it was blue, but I wanted the PWM connection.

Here's some updated pics.

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

Updated my NSK-2480...

Specs are:

- Antec NSK2480
- GIGABYTE GA-945GCM-S2C
- Core2Duo E4500 w/ Scythe Ninja Mini
- Mushkin 2 x 1GB DDR2 RAM (PC5300)
- EVGA 9600GT SC
- LG GGC-H20L
- Seagate Scorpio 2.5" 160GB HDD
- Enermax Liberty 500w
- 2x Noctua NF-P12
- Samsung 32" 720P LCD HDTV
- Vista Home Premium

The LG drive looks out of place, so I ordered a stealth bay from the P160 that should completely hide the bay. It didn't fit as well as I hoped, so now my next step is to dye the front panel black.

Believe it or not, but the Noctua fans are the loudest things in my case, regardless of fan speed.

IMG_7380.JPG

IMG_7385.JPG

IMG_7382.JPG

IMG_7381.JPG

IMG_7384.JPG

Updated my NSK-2480...

The LG drive looks out of place, so I ordered a stealth bay from the P160 that should completely hide the bay. It didn't fit as well as I hoped, so now my next step is to dye the front panel black.

Believe it or not, but the Noctua fans are the loudest things in my case, regardless of fan speed.

Yeah, I tried using the 1200rpm Noctua fans for my NSK-2400 and ended up putting the tri-cools back in... :rolleyes: I've since replaced 'em with 1200rpm slipstreams, and they're quieter and cool way better.

Here's mine... painted the top 1/2 of my 2400 black and then covered it with a sheet of 1/8" plexi, with a hole cut for the dvd drive. Recently added in an LCD, mounted to the metal frame and cut through the front of the case, but still covered by the plexi.

DCP_2581.JPG

I've seen your case posted before. You did that do make it match your amplifier/receiver, right? You did a good job.

So how do the Scythe Slipstreams compare to the Tri-Cools. That's my only basis for comparison right now. I've been considering taking the Noctua fans out an putting them in my P180B. I wonder how they'll do in there? I currently have some Yate Loon's (Low Speed) in there connected to a Zalman 5.25" fan controller. Could you link me to the fans you got?

The dye am looking at using was recommended to my by my father. He dyed the plastic interior parts in his car and they held up very well. I think the finish would look the same, just be black.

I've seen your case posted before. You did that do make it match your amplifier/receiver, right? You did a good job.

So how do the Scythe Slipstreams compare to the Tri-Cools. That's my only basis for comparison right now. I've been considering taking the Noctua fans out an putting them in my P180B. I wonder how they'll do in there? I currently have some Yate Loon's (Low Speed) in there connected to a Zalman 5.25" fan controller. Could you link me to the fans you got?

The dye am looking at using was recommended to my by my father. He dyed the plastic interior parts in his car and they held up very well. I think the finish would look the same, just be black.

The Noctuas should do okay in your P180B, but not as intake fans... I think I'm going to replace my 120x25mm intake with a 120x38mm and see how it improves... there's a lot of resistance at the intake, with the door, filter, and filter cover. I have one of these on my Ultima90 and it made a 5c decrease. http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=20617&vpn=FBA12G12L1BX&manufacture=Rexus Corp

I find the 1200rpm slipstreams to be about as loud as a tri-cool on medium, but push way more air. They're sleeve bearing fans, so they only have 30k hours MTBF, but that's lots for the time being... http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=26747&vpn=SY1225SL12M&manufacture=Scythe

I guess I don't understand why not to use them as intake fans... The resistance will be the same whether it is pulling or pushing and I've read that these new Noctua fans are much better with dealing with pressure.

I was considering using them (two of them) on the upper chamber for intake and exhaust.

Thanks for the link. Do these sound near silent while underl-volted and still move decent air. I've got the Noctua fans basically on medium (L.N.A) as they move more air than the U.L.N.A, but have about the same sound output (different sound, but still about the same output).

I guess I don't understand why not to use them as intake fans... The resistance will be the same whether it is pulling or pushing and I've read that these new Noctua fans are much better with dealing with pressure.

I was considering using them (two of them) on the upper chamber for intake and exhaust.

The blowhole and rear exhaust on the P180B have the lowest air resistance, with the stamped honeycomb grill. The intakes have a more restrictive square-stamped metal grill, the filter, the deflective plastic grill over the filter, and the case door... meaning a magnitude of static resistance, requiring higher static pressure to offset.

I don't have the grilles in place anymore, front or back.

What I mean is that without an intake fan and only the Noctua on the rear, it'll still be drawing that air from the front posing the same restriction, no?

I don't have the grilles in place anymore, front or back.

What I mean is that without an intake fan and only the Noctua on the rear, it'll still be drawing that air from the front posing the same restriction, no?

ahh... I sense some misunderstanding. What I meant was the Noctuas won't be efficient as intake fans, not that you shouldn't have any intake fans.

Excellent work, Keep The Volume Up! How much time was put into that? ;) :)

I built this box 6 months ago, and didn't start modding it until the last 3 months. Powdercoating alone took a month. I am close to finishing this box, so I can focus money on other hobbies :D

Well done.

How difficult was it to integrate the rheobus/switches into the top?

The Silverstone bays up front are an excellent touch as well.

Moving the rheobus for the Tuniq, and the switches from the PCI slots, was just a matter of taking the case apart, using 22 AWG wire to extend the wires of the switches, and drilling a few holes. The reason I wanted to do this was the simple fact that I did not like having to reach behind the case to turn switches on and turn up/down the CPU fan.

The project wasn't too bad. I've never done anything like this to any previous case. Thank you for your interest.

wow that new antec 900 case looks awesome!!! i still got a antec case thats from the 1st page on this tread for my main rig.. LOL that thing is heavy! best 120$ i have spent! last 4 years!

Well, I finally got some time set aside to do a rebuild on my systems... at least one so far,

Antec Sonata III
Antec Earthwatts 500
Asus P5L-MX mATX mobo
Intel E6400 @ 2.6Ghz
Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX
2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 C4
Seagate 7200.10 250GB
Samsung DVD-RW

sonataiii_1.jpg

sonataiii_2.jpg

sonataiii_3.jpg

sonataiii_4.jpg