Antec Fusion 430 Owners...How to get the Volume knob to work?

baldyguy

Limp Gawd
I just recently put an Asus P5E-VM HDMI along with the basic components (CPU, Memory etc). I also installed Vista onto the system.

I successfully installed the LCD drivers and works just fine.

I can't manage to get the volume knob to work with Vista. The "VFD" driver is installed and I'm able to customize the settings. When I go under the "Audio" tab, it doesn't see any type of "Audio" device or driver. Even though under Device manager it shows as installed. Anyone have any ideas on how to make the volume knob to work with Vista?

On the side note, when I turn the know, the LCD driver sees that it's being turned but as far as the actual volume itself, it doesn't work due to the fact that the "Audio" tab doesn't see any type of "Audio" device.

Have you updated the imon software that comes with it and have it running?

The version that shipped with my CD also had no sound card detected, however installing the latest update for imon or vista SP1 fixed the issue and it now works correctly.

If it helps my IMON version is 7.01.0205 (ANTEC)

OK,

So I went to the Soundgraph website and I downloaded 7.01.0204. I didn't download the 7.01.205 version because I couldn't find it for some reason. Well, I just downloaded SP1 for Vista and installed the latest version of IMON that I could find and still doesn't show... see the images below...

2352439375_7445e25b9d.jpg

Have you updated the imon software that comes with it and have it running?

The version that shipped with my CD also had no sound card detected, however installing the latest update for imon or vista SP1 fixed the issue and it now works correctly.

If it helps my IMON version is 7.01.0205 (ANTEC)

As far as i can remember, i downloaded basically the same, however i made sure the update section was set to notify me of new updates, then whenever i started imon manually (when it was closed), It would say there was new software and autoupdate itself.

I could never get the knob to work but considering how limited it is (only a simple volume knob) I decided it really wasn't worth it getting it to work.

Somehow it works fine in my system.

Not sure if this makes a difference, but I am using the Nov 2007 imon driver from Antec's site that was specifically made for for the Antec Fusion. (i.e. http://www.antec.com/download/Fusion_driver.zip from this site: http://www.antec.com/uk/support_faqDownload.html). I am unsure if this is the same version that came on my CD as I never used that one. I did try upgrading but ran into problems with newer versions of the driver from the imon site, so I've gone back to using the Nov 2007 driver from the Antec site (and turned auto-update "off"). This is on Vista-64.

Anyway, the volume control has worked fine - my problem is that the display itself messes up if I put my PC to sleep and only works if I disconnect and reconnect the LCD's USB connector. Very annoying this imon software.

Anyway, the volume control has worked fine - my problem is that the display itself messes up if I put my PC to sleep and only works if I disconnect and reconnect the LCD's USB connector. Very annoying this imon software

I believe thats fixed with the latest update, lol. As mine now works correctly after going to sleep and comming back from sleep. Considering this can happen multiple times a day and the HTPC probably only gets fully restarted once a month if that then its definetely fixed.

On mine it defaults back to the standard clock when in sleep mode. One issue is that it sometimes comes out of sync with the computers time (mine is currently out my 1h 23 mins). Restarting IMON fixes it, but shouldnt have to be done. Media playback notification in MCE works perfectly still though.

I just built my HTPC last night using the Fusion 430 Black, and the included drivers/software stink. Navigating Antec's site to track down the latest version was a nightmare, too.

I installed the latest IMON, which gave me an error when I rebooted. I uninstalled it and suddenly everything works right, including the volume knob. Very strange. I wish the LCD output was far more customizable, though.

The #1 downfall about this case to me is the atrocious lack of cable management. Since the case only accepts a Micro ATX board, you'd think Antec could've improved the routing channels or shortened the cabling.

For those of you with the black fusion case can you post up some pictures of what the LCD display/front of the case looks like. Is it overly bright or distracting.

It actually is. I have both silver and black. The backlight on the black stays on constantly. I definitely recommend the silver over the black

I have the black, the screens fine, definitely not overly bright once you adjust it to your liking.

For those of you with the black fusion case can you post up some pictures of what the LCD display/front of the case looks like. Is it overly bright or distracting.

The backlight is definetely too bright, but you get used to it.

During Day
AntecFusionLCD-Light.jpg

At Night
AntecFusionLCD-Dark.jpg

Unfortunately its nothing like the LCD screens that IMON sell now.

IMON-LCD.jpg

Back