• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Antec EarthWatt 500

maddude

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Sep 6, 2006
Messages
4,239
I just came across an Antec EarthWatt 500 for free (thank you Matt) and am wondering if it can power my system.

I'm running:
ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe
AMD Opty 185 (stock atm)
ATi 1950 Pro
4 SATA hd's
1 IDE hd
2 optical drives
5 80mm case fans
2 GB memory

I was using an OCZ 700 watt GamerXStream but was concerned about ripple.
 
You won't have any trouble at all. It's a seasonic built PSU (Corsair HX520W, PCP&C silencer series are Seasonic Built as well) so it's very good quality.
 
The seasonic built antecs aren't quite as good as the corsair's or PC&P, but they are still very good. Especially for free.
 
Or for relatively cheap, CompUSA was running a rebate on those about a while ago and it came down to like $50 or so... I think it ran all the way to mid-July (I was rushing to send in my rebate a couple weeks ago before it expired then realized it expired in July and not June :p ).
 
Back
Top