Antec 900 Top fan

Irishllama

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone use the top fan as an exhaust fan? I was thinking of changing things around a bit.

I'm going to be picking up an H50, and I'm trying to come up with the best possible airflow situation.

yep i use the top fan on my antec 300 as exhaust.. tried flipping it over one time just to see if it made a difference but the fan became loud as hell even when set to low..

Came like that from the factory didnt it? Mine always has been set as exhaust.

Yup! That's how they come from Antec...as exhaust. Great concept really...as hot air raises.

That's odd, mine pulls air from outside and pushes inside. I haven't changed it ever.

That's odd, mine pulls air from outside and pushes inside. I haven't changed it ever.

I belevie ya, I bet it is a production line mistake, every one I have ever seen but must admit have not had one in hand lately but did build a bunch of them last year, the top fan is an exhaust.

I'm going to be picking up an H50, and I'm trying to come up with the best possible airflow situation.

Antec 900 works well with H50. Huge top fan does a good job of getting the hot air out of the case.

GM2H50Antec900Rocking.jpg

H50chipsetVGAairflowarea.JPG

I built 2 machines with the Antec 900 Cases and I happen to have one of them here since it failed to post on friday. It was a brand new machine I built about 2 years ago, 1 main and 1 backup.
Friday I needed to hook up the backup machine to test a plotter and it failed to post, turned on and didn't do anything, everything turned on but no post or video output.

Got it working by removing 2 ram sticks and let it run for 24 hours playing a movie and every now and then I'd place my hand over the top exhaust to feel the temp and it was cool air blowing out the top.

Back