Antec 300

mik003.jpg

New tubing/reservior, and a little uv lighting/paint.

So far there's only a few that's side panel has been model with a window. I'm thinking about getting an Antec 300 (they're so cheap these days) and modding a window into my side panel + Acoustic Foam.

For those of you who has a windowed side panel; Did you do it yourself, or buy it?

Cannot buy a windowed 300. Although you can send your panel to mnpctech to have a window cut in.

I did mine myself, has to be the easiest mod I've done to my comp. But I have lots of experience with power tools.

Heres my Antec 300

Core i7 920
Intel DX58SO mobo
Noctua NH-U12 1366 Cooler
EVGA GTX 275 FTW Edition
OCZ Stealth 700w PSU

I wanted to paint the inside of my case black so here is the before pics.

case1x.jpg

case2n.jpg

Here it is afterwards

case3q.jpg

case4.jpg

case11.jpg

second rig build, unsure of what exactly i'm doing with this one just yet....
i guess i thought i would give a try at case modding (on the small scale)

http://img16.imageshack.us/i/img0273odd.jpg/
http://img9.imageshack.us/i/img0275kbx.jpg/
http://img9.imageshack.us/i/img0278i.jpg/
http://img16.imageshack.us/i/img0295kux.jpg/
http://img197.imageshack.us/i/img0302x.jpg/
http://img16.imageshack.us/i/img0308c.jpg/

http://img9.imageshack.us/i/img0344pfc.jpg/
http://img268.imageshack.us/i/img0355www.jpg/
http://img268.imageshack.us/i/img0357g.jpg/
http://img268.imageshack.us/i/img0360j.jpg/

case window in the works and trying to find a 140mm xigmatek fan in the same family still.. perhaps if i can't find that I will do my best to modify the single 140mm top exhaust fan to two 120mm exhaust fans :)
oh, and I have a zalman 6channel fan controller on the way too :)

mpressive36
sick paint job you did there. did you primer it before painting?

i sure did, two nice coats of primer. the wish i had used a better quality black paint though, it's easily scratched. i may throw on a thin layer of matte varnish/finish to seal it up.

thanks!

I've had good luck with the krylon universal paint, bonds very well. I think most acrylic enamels are the way to go and dry harder than regular paint.

Hah, I slashed a corner with mine and went ahead lightly sanded the case and used a canister of matte black paint for the first coat, then wet sanded the next day. After a day of drying, I went ahead and started on the second serving of matte black.

Sorry no pics but I just want to add that this is an awesome case, easy on the wallet too!

Do I need to get any extra fans for this case? Just got mine and was wondering if the two fans included would be enoungh?

I replaced all the fans. Upgraded all the fans to YateLoon's. I don't like the variable speed Antec fans and the speed controller tail bothers me. I don't find myself every popping the case open to adjust the speed fan.

2x120mm (front)
1x120mm (rear)
1x140mm (top)

This is mine:

06OC7.jpg

74OKk.jpg

1G3ha.jpg

Edit - Just noticed some that in some of the images the Hard Drives are the opposite way around. I've done the same on mine now and taken some new photos.

Would look better painted black inside :/

Last edited:
the 300 makes wire management pretty difficult. here's a customer's build i did in a 300. i'll be building one for myself in a 300 soon and hopefully will make it look a bit better.

2606bdk.jpg

This is the last picture I'll probably ever take of my Antec 300 since it's the one I'm using on eBay :(

f7gaa.jpg

I am thinking about getting one of these, how are they to work in?

They are very nice to work in considering the size of the case. it depends on what kind of computer you plan to put into the case and how many hard drives you plan to use.

good for a budget mid-tower case. the motherboard tray goes all the way to the front so it makes wire management very difficult, as you can see in the pictures. you can't really hide wires behind the motherboard tray.

i have the antec 300 and its a very Basic case. I do not like it. the fans that come with it are horrible (They make noises from magnets rubbing, one fan Chirps) the interior isa bit Crowded, No cable management at all unless you mod.

My front pane tends to rattle at times so i had to put a piee of black duct tape to hold it tight. i replaced my antec 300 with a Haf 922. i hope the HAF will be overall better

P.S. this is just my opinion im not trying to start a Thread war by any means.

I'm considering this case since it's nice and cheap, but it seems like installing the hard drive will be a pain in the ass. From what it appears, I'm guessing I'll have to remove the two side panels to be able to install hard drives?

Anyone here got any suggestions on how to apply a filter to prevent dust from being sucked into the case? I know it'll reduce the airflow going into the case, but in the long run, it'll make life a lot easier as I go about and remove the dust inside!

Antec 300 already has dust filter at the front 2 x 120 intakes.

2 minutes to install a hard drive isn't pain in the ass, if you are going to change hard drives on daily. Toaster dock is advised.

yeah i kinda cheated. it's in there now, the sata cable just snakes along on top of the HDD cable.

well just found my next case for sure.
after some saving lol been un employed really is a bitch.
then some more svaeing and alot of servering for the wc parts i will wont.

the 300 makes wire management pretty difficult. here's a customer's build i did in a 300. i'll be building one for myself in a 300 soon and hopefully will make it look a bit better.

2606bdk.jpg

that cable managment looks tiday to me.
pitty the slots behind the motherboard dont run all the way to the top of the motherboard this is were i was thinking of hideing the cables

I also received a large package of thumbscrews with this case. I appreciated this, because I wanted to mount six hard drives.

These screws are extremely low quality. I mounted the hard drives using a hand-operated screwdriver. A month later, I had to remove them all to record the serial numbers and reinstall them. Upon reinstallation, I sheared about half of the screws. The steel (rather, probably a cheap alloy) had already fatigued.

Yes, the heads twisted right off of the screw shaft. So now I have a bunch of screw shafts stuck in my hard drives, voiding the warranty on $300 of equipment, unless I can manage to extract them without stripping the hard disks' threads (which also voids the warranty). I'm extremely unhappy about this.

Otherwise, I like the case a lot. I'm really getting tired of low-quality screws. I'll post some photos as possible.

Last edited:
Here's a few of mine. It's running as my HTPC. it gets all the hand-me-downs from my gaming rig though, so she's pretty well-equipped.

I painted it using ford's "metallic gray". Intentionally subtle, but I really like the color.

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

Hi everyone!
Here are a few pictures of an Antec three hundred that I modded for my son. He likes hip hop and rap. The theme of this mod, as you can see, is bling bling symbols.

4.jpg

There are two main colors. I painted the case metallic black and the bezel metallic gold. I changed the whole bezel and made a new one. The fan controller is a Sunbeam Rheobus. I made the switch board out of a Lian Li bay cover.

cot.jpg

21.jpg

I cutted some shapes in the left panels. Those shapes are lighted.

19.jpg

The dollar signs, diamond and crown are made from a layer of acrylic covered by the same shape cutted in aluminium. I putted some white leds behind the dollar signs.

6.jpg

I make and install one of these flashes on all my project. Usually, I put it on the bezel but my son wanted only bling bling on the front part. I installed it on the back portion of the case.

29.jpg

I made a new grill for the top 140 mm fan. As you'll see later, I installed yellow leds in the fan.

5.jpg

I wet sanded everything to have a good finish.

8.jpg

As I said earlier, the cutted shapes of the left panel are lighted.

9.jpg

The little flash too!

7.jpg

The yellow leds of the 140 mm fan.

5-1.jpg

I modded the two front and the side fans. They are clear Antec Tricool with no leds. I installed yellow leds on them to keep the black and gold theme at night too.

3.jpg

The light colors are controllable by the switch board I made. Here is the case in white. I made some feet out of acrylic that are lighted with white leds.

2.jpg

Now in yellow.

13-1.jpg

1.jpg

The case with all the lights on.

Actually, It is pretty simple hardware side. It needs an update.
Thanks for your reading!

What kind of slot machine is that?

;) just messin. Sweet job on the case man, very original.

some kick ass cases and cable management fellas, though I see that some of you "cheated" by going modular...

:p

I had a few problems because of my motherboard (MSI X48C Platinum)...

1. I started installing my hdds (5) from the top and had to slide them each down one slot because I couldn't plug my 4870 PCIE cables in, there was ~ a 1/4" clearance from the hdd to my 4870...

2. my 8 pin 12v connector for the cpu barely stretched and had to be snaked under my X-Fi Platinum card and my 4870, I tried under the motherboard but the cable was too thick...

despite that I love this case, the temps in my system have dropped roughly 10 degrees even though this case is smaller than my Aerocool ExtremEngine 3t (from my first ever build), the airflow is that much better...

I got it for $40 off of craigslist Monday, dude had everything it came with (a little box with what seemed like a million thumbscrews, lol) and even had three 120mm Tri Cools (instead of just the one that was included), the 140mm included top fan, and a 120mm blue LED Cooler Master fan...

:D

I have my Kingwin XT-1264 facing the back, the right side of the cooler is almost touching the top fan, so the top fan basically pulling any heat of the heatsink from there is just added cooling, I tried with the heatsink facing the top blowhole but the temps are a little better with it facing the back...

no light on inside:
IMG_0678.jpg

w/ led on (looks much more blue in this pic, tubing looks white in person):
IMG_0677.jpg

inside of case (before got the led):
IMG_0654.jpg

Hi everyone!
Here are a few pictures of an Antec three hundred that I modded for my son. He likes hip hop and rap. The theme of this mod, as you can see, is bling bling symbols.!

I won't admonish with my opinions of "hip-hop culture", but I must congratulate you for one amazing mod! The gold and black really looks stylish and the grills and back lighting just make everything come together.

Back