Antec 300

I built one to sell a while back. I didn't take the best pics of it though.

134-1.jpg

133-1.jpg

few pics of the Antec 300 i used for my WIndows Home Server.It may not be a gamers dream but i love this case as a standard. im gonna start using it in future builds as a standard case.

few pics of the Antec 300 i used for my WIndows Home Server.It may not be a gamers dream but i love this case as a standard. im gonna start using it in future builds as a standard case.

I'm leaning towards picking one of these up and was curious as to what you meant by "not a gamer's dream"? I run 1 video card, 2-3 hard drives, and one DVD drive and this case looks like it has plenty of room to handle all of that with ease? What are the negatives?

Heres a few pics of my new antec 300 case. Im using a phone camera so excuse my bad quality pictures. Also, would anyone give me some suggestions on cable management on this case, i would appreciate it.

DSC00080.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00067.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

I'm leaning towards picking one of these up and was curious as to what you meant by "not a gamer's dream"? I run 1 video card, 2-3 hard drives, and one DVD drive and this case looks like it has plenty of room to handle all of that with ease? What are the negatives?

i didnt mean that there were any negatives. i actually love this case. it just doesnt have a side window or led fans. although that those are things anyone could add if they wanted too. i was just comparing it to the 900 i also have (gaming rig) that has the window and the led fans.

the design on the 300 case is very good. holds at least 6 hard drives ( as well as having a fairly good space between each drive for airflow....which most cases do not have), front bezel is a snap to take off and put back on, comes with a dust filter. uses 120mm fans and has great airflow.simple and sleek design. to me its one of the best midtower case designs in a long time.

Ahh...makes more sense now. The fact that it has no side window or LED fans are actually some of the biggest reasons I like this case. I want a solid box that has good airflow and looks mean sitting next to the rest of my stuff and this seems to fit the bill.

I will be getting this case tomorrow and will be upgrading my build in about a week or two so I will post some pics for you guys!

this is such a good little case, i just put a new system together with it and it was easy to work with and hide wires well, then i had to give the case away on a build

love the fact that it was a low key case without all the flashy fans only thing that lit up in my case was the duorb and i will go with the xigmatek vga cooler now instead to get rid of the light

now i am looking at cases like the cm690 and this antec, and i still much rather have the antec, i wish i didn't get rid of it! wish i had pictures as well!

here's some pics of mine. this is when I first got it and was working on it. It's a server with no video, so I switched the panels to put the vent on the motherboard side and increase airflow from the front:

front-table.jpg

these are in its "natural habitat" under a table in the garage (click for full size):

In this pic it looks like the back fan is off -- after seeing the pic I had to go back and check to make sure it was on! -- but you can see from the fan adjuster cord that's hanging down that it's being sucked toward the back. :D

here's a shot of the cable compartment:

IMG_0872.JPG

I'm really glad I got this case. Going in next are some sata drives for a RAID array. :D If you're thinking about it I wouldn't hesitate in the least. It's definitely underrated.

I like the case a lot. As shown in the last picture above, there is a nice place to tidy up extra cables. I have one as my server (big dent in the roof, actually bent the frame... Thanks UPS!) and a 2nd for my "daily driver". It has sufficient room hard drives, big power supplies and my 8800GTX fits in there just fine. The case only comes with a 120mm rear fan, and 140mm top fan. There are provisions for 2 120mm front and 1 120mm side fan, but they are not provided. Not a huge negative, as I'd rather have something a little better than the Tri-Cools anyway... but just wanted to make potential buyers aware of it.

I like the case a lot. As shown in the last picture above, there is a nice place to tidy up extra cables. I have one as my server (big dent in the roof, actually bent the frame... Thanks UPS!) and a 2nd for my "daily driver". It has sufficient room hard drives, big power supplies and my 8800GTX fits in there just fine. The case only comes with a 120mm rear fan, and 140mm top fan. There are provisions for 2 120mm front and 1 120mm side fan, but they are not provided. Not a huge negative, as I'd rather have something a little better than the Tri-Cools anyway... but just wanted to make potential buyers aware of it.

my antec 300 came with rear 120mm fan, top 140mm fan and 1 front 120mm fans. i just bought one more 120mm for the front. either you got shorted or i got lucky.

my antec 300 came with rear 120mm fan, top 140mm fan and 1 front 120mm fans. i just bought one more 120mm for the front. either you got shorted or i got lucky.

I just got my Antec 300 yesterday and I must say for $60 bucks I'm very impressed. The only dowsides are:

1) When I unpacked it and took off the side panel I saw the 140mm fan at the bottom of the case. I was like WTF!!:mad: But I just stuck it back in at the top and now it seems secure. Anyone else had this issue?
2) I also got an extra 120mm fan like you Rouge71. I wanted to mount it on the side panel but unfortunately Antec didnt provide any screws for that type of installation. I already have 2 120mm tricools to put in the front. Anyone know where I can get the screws from to install this fan on the side?

I will post pics tonight for you guys to see.

jxaznxk check your ram isnt it supposed to in the same colored slot for it to run in dual channel

I just got my Antec 300 yesterday and I must say for $60 bucks I'm very impressed. The only dowsides are:

1) When I unpacked it and took off the side panel I saw the 140mm fan at the bottom of the case. I was like WTF!!:mad: But I just stuck it back in at the top and now it seems secure. Anyone else had this issue?
2) I also got an extra 120mm fan like you Rouge71. I wanted to mount it on the side panel but unfortunately Antec didnt provide any screws for that type of installation. I already have 2 120mm tricools to put in the front. Anyone know where I can get the screws from to install this fan on the side?

My fan was laying in the bottom as well.

I did get an extra fan, but it doesn't come with the case. According to the enclosed literature, it said that there was a post QI issue with the fans, so a "replacement" fan was included to replace any fan that might fail.

From Newegg:

Cooling System
80mm Fans No
120mm Fans 1 x 120mm rear fan
140mm Fans 1 x 140mm top fan

I did get an extra fan, but it doesn't come with the case. According to the enclosed literature, it said that there was a post QI issue with the fans, so a "replacement" fan was included to replace any fan that might fail.

From Newegg:

Cooling System
80mm Fans No
120mm Fans 1 x 120mm rear fan
140mm Fans 1 x 140mm top fan

I got mine from newegg, and only got 1x120 and 1x140, too.

what do you mean when you say you *did* get an extra fan but it didn't come with the case? did antec send you one?

Here is one I built for a friend:

__1.jpg

__7.jpg

__6.jpg

__10.jpg

__8.jpg

Good little case.

The specs:

*ASUS P5N32-E SLI 680i
*Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.0GHz
*Thermaltake BigWater SE Water-Cooling kit on the CPU (keeps the CPU under 50c under load with the fan on medium)
*3GB DDR2 800 RAM, two sticks are 512MB Kingston Value; the other two are 1GB Crucial Ballistix
*XFX 7900GT 256MB with a Zalman VF900
*Three Fujitsu Ultra160 SCSI 18.2GB 10,000RPM Hard Drives in RAID0 on a Dell Perc 3
*One 80GB Seagate 7200.9
*Samsung 20x DL DVD-RW
*ABS Tagan BZ900 900w PSU
*Antec 300 four 120mm Antec Tri-Cool Fans

nice looking cases guys, i am waiting for the video card and hdd and i will post mine up as well

IMG_3360.jpg

IMG_3361.jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

IMG_3364.jpg

IMG_3282.jpg

has anyone tried putting crossfire long cards and lots of HDDs in this case?

im thinking whether i might need to upgrade to a 1200 or will it be the same?

Just got one of these a few days ago. I was very impressed with the quality of this case.I like this case much better than the 90$ Lian Li case I had previously. I got some Scythe 800 rpm slipstreams and this thing is whisper quiet. I also cut out the front fan grills for an even sexier look. Only gripes I had was running the mobo power connector from the bottom mounted psu over the graphics card. A very solid case that I will be using for all future builds, especially for under 50$.

any normal fan screws will do. if you dont have any then drop by any computer shop and im sure theyd just give u some. i think i have a box lol.

Those of you interested in purchasing a 300 and live near a microcenter, they're currently advertising the case for 39.99. It should save some of you on shipping and handling. Best of luck on your builds.

I bought this case for $47.95 at Newegg. When I finally decide what to do with it, I will post pictures.

do the hard drive bays allow the use of HDD silencing items, I know usually using those items requires using the 5.25 bays

Ahh...makes more sense now. The fact that it has no side window or LED fans are actually some of the biggest reasons I like this case. I want a solid box that has good airflow and looks mean sitting next to the rest of my stuff and this seems to fit the bill.

AMEN TO THAT. :D
I bought this with the 20% $47.99 NewEgg deal last week, I couldn't pass the deal up (even though I'm already trying to figure out what to do with a Rocketfish as well as a CM Elite 340 I bought refurb for $13 last week).

I think I'm going to gut my A05A, put it in the 300, and box up the A05A to join the Rocketfish + CM 340 that will eventually go in the closet. :p

I'll post some pics once I've done that. ;)

I kept putting off getting this case, and then kept missing the sales, but I ordered it last night for $59.99 shipped. my htpc is going into this case.

UGH! I just got done putting together a system with a 300 and the clearance for a Xigmatek S1823 is soooo close. If i have the case on its side then it clears fine. But as soon as i put it vertically...like the way a case is supposed to sit...the top fan rubs on the heatsink!!!! So close!!!!

I really don't wanna take the heatsink off cause push pins are a pain in the arse...maybe i can somehow get some pliers in and bend some fins.

Also I have the heatsink mounted the reccommended way...with the fan blowing towards the back of the case.

I have to say though...with a Xigmatek S1823 in this case you are getting insane cpu cooling since the blowhole and rear fan are seriously right next to the heatsink. It's like theres 3 fans pulling heat off the heatsink. I'm running an E7200 at 3.8ghz and my load temps are 60-62*C...this is with intel burn test which heats up your cpu more than anything else.

Back