Another videocard recommendation

Droc

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 20, 2007
Messages
3,424
I have a nvidia 9600gt currently, and Im looking to add a 3rd screen. I only ever game one one(machine is too old to push more then that).
I also only have a 400w PSU
I dont do much gaming, L4D2 recently, but thats about it. Just want it for the desktop, browsing etc.
Im looking to spend sub $160CDN

Im thinking my options are a second 9600gt, but my PSU might not take that.
5770 my nest best bet right?>
 
The 5770 only draws like 15 more watts than your 9600GT, so I doubt your PSU will have any problems. It is also the best price/perf card right now in that price segment so go for it.
 
Which 400W PSU do you have now?

The HD 5770 has been shown to use 46W more than the 9600GT at full load
 
its a 7 year old thermaltake 400w hunk of crap.

Well if you don't need increased gaming performance, just pick up a HD 5450 or GT 220 or some other similar low power card.

Besides that, I would highly recommend replacing the PSU if you want to go with a HD 5770.
 
Back
Top