Another SLI thread

I was looking over my bank account, and a question popped into my head... Wont the SLI based systems be CPU limited unless you opt for a dual Xeon setup? I mean the current 6800U OCs are cpu limted up to something like 3.5Ghz, so wouldnt that mean 2 6800U OCs would be cpu limited up to say ohh 7Ghz? Can anyone explain?

advanced101101 said:
I was looking over my bank account, and a question popped into my head... Wont the SLI based systems be CPU limited unless you opt for a dual Xeon setup? I mean the current 6800U OCs are cpu limted up to something like 3.5Ghz, so wouldnt that mean 2 6800U OCs would be cpu limited up to say ohh 7Ghz? Can anyone explain?
The reviews you read on the net about CPU limited are mis-leading. Your Current configuration would be only more CPU limited because you have an ATI card.

That same CPU is much less limited with nVIDIA, SM3.0 not only brought new feature enhancement, it also brought greater efficiency throughput for the same graphic quality.

ie, SM3.0's instancing meant the CPU won't have to send zillions of same identical objects through the AGP bus nor PCI-E.

advanced101101 said:

I was thinking the same thing. I'd like to see some benches on a single processor system, but we might have to wait a while for something like that to be available.

Back