Another SL6WU Success!

computerpro3

LightningRod
Hi. Running at 3.9ghz day to day. 4.0ghz can get to 22sec in superpi before it locks...should be fixed when the waterparts arrive! Thats gonna be soooo cool...4.0ghz-4.2ghz on water....wow I can't wait!

Update: Well, for some reason my memory wasn't doing the same magic with this chip as it did with the 2.4C, so time for some more volts. I cranked the custom modded pot on my psu to put out 3.6v on the 3.3v line and fed the memory 3.45-5 volts. BAM it worked. Can't do dual channel right now, but after figuring out that each stick worked at 267mhz individually, I stuck a dual temp sensor on the memory sticks in dual channel...the one in the first slot never went over 36C even with 3.5volts...the other, however, went to 47C due to the first stick blocking airflow from the cpu and northbridge fans. I'll work on making a mounting bracket for a fan blowing directly over the memory chips tomorrow, that should get me dual channel again. Anyways, I think I achieved my crowning achievement, one that not many others can say. I reached 4.0ghz 1/1 memory ration ON AIR. YEA! :cool:

This is on air with my thermalright sp-94 cooler and dead silent panaflo l1a.

superpi 3.9ghz.jpg

4ghz.JPG

Here are the Sisofts

3.9ghs 1/1 Single channel
3.9ghz cpu sisoft.JPG

4ghz 1/1 Single channel Screenshot
4ghz 11.JPG

3.9ghz 520mhz 2-2-2-5 memory Single Channel Screenshot
memory 3.9ghz 520mhz.JPG

impressive, what are some of your sisoft benchmarks, and what temps are you running at?

VERY nice oc. what happened to your prescott? how far did you end up getting that chip? good luck with watercooling.

nice oc man, I wish I can get ahold of your chip and see what it does in my vapo.

I'll get some sisoft benchies up after school.

jedi, u must have been thinking of a different person, I never had a prescott.

Just wondering, did you get that stepping just by chance? Or did you special order it from somewhere? If so, then where?

Awesome overclock!

Not by chance, Not by random. I found out through xtremesystems that excaliberpc had them in stock where newegg didn't, so i ordered it fro mexcaliber. Sure enough, when it showed up, it was a sl6wu.

oh right... i was thinking of codeflux... it's the 'co' in the name... sry about that.

good luck tho.:D

rogue_jedi, i got my prescott to 3.75 - see da thread

according to intel's product page , it's a box order code BX80532PG3000D. a quick search at shopping.yahoo.com yielded:

http://search.shopping.yahoo.com/search?p=BX80532PG3000D

i am now wondering if the box order code BX80532PG3000D pertains specifically to SL6WU, or to a 3.0C in general...

beautiful overclock - i will be looking at these SL6WU closely. does anyone know where else one can order these? - besides excaliburpc? - somewhere where they actually *list* the sSpec Number...

This thread was getting slow so I added some new pics...including one with 4ghz 1/1 with memory running at 534 2-2-2-5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE this mushkin.....

computerpro your post cost me $225 when I already have a nicely overclocking cpu. Shame on you :p . Excaliberpc is great, I ordered at noon and it's already on a fedex plane. Watching the tracking page is killing me though :D .

Just picked up a refurb SL6WU 3.0 from Newegg a week ago, $170. The retail package was unopened!

Finally got a few hours to install it and do some preliminary testing. Does 3.6 stable at default voltage w/stock cooling. 3.75 default voltage/cooling boots fine but not completely stable. Temps with Asus probe are very misleading..Im seeing 35C under load?!! That must be off by at least 10c, right?

Based on this prelim info do you pro's out there think 4.0+ is possible?
Granted, better cooling and voltage adjustments will be necessary.

Need some better memory and HSF to really complete this rig but sadly my budget is spent for a few weeks. Looking for twin sticks of 512 PC4000, the cheaper the better. Have always stuck with Corsair in the past but just cant afford it this time.

Asus p4p800
Geil PC3200 512X1
P4 3.0 SL6WU - 3350a503 1/15 pack date
ATI 9800 NP
Enermax 465VE

I picked up a SL6WU a pack date of 01-16-04 bought from new egg on 3-11. I haven't Decided whether to get a good HSF unit now or wait and get watercooling in about 4 or 5 months.

is 3.6 all you can get it stable at? Try 1.65 volts...the stock heatsink they include with this thing is a beast, best stock heatsink I have ever seen.

computerpro3 : very nice overclock, i especially like the mem bandwidth you got there.

almost 4k in unbuffered - very nice

what 3dmarks are you getting with that setup?

Originally posted by Bigjohns97
computerpro3 : very nice overclock, i especially like the mem bandwidth you got there.

almost 4k in unbuffered - very nice

what 3dmarks are you getting with that setup?

For now, I am only getting 21k in 01, but that was a dirty impromptu run with no optimizations. But then, thats on air with a radeon 9700 pro non modded. I just got my watercooling pump and fan in the mail, so now watercooling wise I have:

Eheim 1250 pump
DangerDen Maze4 GPU Block
Dual Bayres
120mm Aluminum Fan
Dtek ProCore Heatercore
Hose Clamps

So now the only things I have left are the DangerDen RBX, Tubing, and a Shroud. I am ordering them next week as soon as my report card comes in ($10 for every A, should have 3 or 4). I might even spring for a NB block if I have enough. And as soon as I'm on water, I'm slapping on some vmods to the video card.

Coming from a Buddhist, let me tell you, it's Nirvana.

And one of the Four Noble Truths says that material possesions can only bring you sorrow.

:)

Originally posted by thecarguy
And one of the Four Noble Truths says that material possesions can only bring you sorrow.

I agree. Why oh Why can't I get 22k :mad: :( :( :( (sorrow)??!?!?!

jk haha;)

lol I was doing the same thing as you when mine was shipping....checking tracking every 5 seconds "maybe they updated it".......lol

Good luck man!

i know what you mean - i do that every single time i buy something and it gets to be a day or two before it is scheduled to arrive... i'm impatient:p

Originally posted by thecarguy
Coming from a Buddhist, let me tell you, it's Nirvana.

I am spelling impaired. I have a 140 iq and a problem with authority that manifested itself in the form of mispelling to piss off my creative writing teacher. Old habits die hard.............:p

PS dont flame me on the iq statement it was tongue and cheek

http://permianbasin.us.mensa.org/resources/questionofgenius.html

LoL Jacuzz1, Buddhists think we shouldn't be mad at each other.

You'll hear no flames from this mouth.

Can anybody give me some more sSpec info on the SL6WU?

Just go my processor from excaliber and it's a damned sl6wk. Should I keep it or eat the rma cost? I haven't even opened it. Damnit I can't rma it would cost me over $50 in restocking fees and shipping. Boo to excaliberpc.

FPO#: L349A989
PACKDATE: 02/26/04

Should I open it?

you will still hit 3.75ghz more than likely....just not stock volts/cooling....I say open it. I saw one sl6wk with 3.8ghz stock cooling but 1.6volts. good luck and let us know what happened!

I wonder if this means excaliber got a new batch in stock.....damnit...

Well I opened it after looking at overclockers.com and realizing I was pretty much fucked. It's only got 12 caps. I haven't tried overclocking it, and won't until my 9800 pro comes in on friday.

I couldn't resist. I threw my ancient Geforce 3 in there so I could run the cpu through the ringer. I tried 250fsb at 1.6v and prime took a dump after 1 minute. I cranked it to 1.65 and am priming right now. 30 min and counting now. 3.75ghz on air 34/45. I'm using a Thermalright SLK-900U with a 92mm Tornado and Arctic Silver Ceramique. I don't even have the tornado on high right now, it's at 7v. I'm wondering how high I should take the vcore if it's 100% stable at 250fsb. How high would you go on air?

Also I found a problem with my psu while I was putting the computer back together. One of the lines out from the psu doesn't seem to be supplying any power. I also noticed that my vcore is fluctuating wildly from 1.65 down to 1.62. Hrmm...

Well it failed prime after an hour at 1.65. I cranked it to 1.7v and it appears to be stable now.

6 hours dual prime stable at 250 fsb, but I had to push 1.7v. I can boot into windows at 4ghz, but prime fails after a minute.

Back