• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Another Computer issue thoughts

Pdwe

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
308
I downsized my old computer took it to a local shop.

Specs

CASE: Lian Li 8nwx
Fans: two 120 mm
PSU: Antec truepower 650 watt
MB: Giga-byte EP 45T
CPU: Pentium 4 3.8 prescott socket 775 lba Retail use standard cooler
Ram: Corsair 4 gb 1333 DDR3
Video Card: ATI x700 pro pci-e
Soundcard: Soundblaster Audigy 2 zs
Plextor dvd-rw
Vantec trayless hd hotswap
Vantec trayless hd hotswap

The issue I notice it I hit power button on it starts for two seconds turns off then turns on again for a few seconds turns off after 4 times it stays on. Fans are going. The repair guy thinks my soundcard is cause and powersupply.

any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Replaced soundcard and still having issues.
 
Last edited:
sounds like you need a BIOS update. sounds like the restart bug that affected many gigabyte boards since the P965 days.
 
Seems like the reboot bug happens a bit later then what happens to mine. I don't see anything on the screen at all until it stops doing it usually 4-6 times. Sometimes it does fine the first time.
 
Back
Top