Another bunch of upstarts...

All of my GPUs are EVGA, but [H] is where I lurked before getting enough nerve to join and post on a tech forum. ;)

unfortunately I had to shut down my rig for a week since I was out of town. It'll be back up and running come Sunday though.

Good to see some other teams producing as well.

Well we need to get down to business.

The other question is...... Do they have true staying power. Many have come and gone before.

Well we need to get down to business.

The other question is...... Do they have true staying power. Many have come and gone before.

They're losing Barnettworks in a couple weeks, possibly more than that if I'm reading that thread right. That's a lot of production to recover to get back into big boy territory.

ya there top 3 producers are putting out like 1.25m ppd or so or more i think there main guy said he might be able to push 1million ppd given a little bit of work. The downside is he said that his server farm will have to go into actual service soon so that is like 30% or more of there team gone with one guy.

That's what that noise was? Thought I heard a mouse :(

They still have 1.4 billion points to catch up to us. According to kakaostats, they will catch us in 158,361 days, or roughly 433 years. They really need to get better PPD than that to start thinking about us. :D

^You should go post that factoid.

Nice to finally see some competition though. Its lonely at the top :D

lol to even catch us they would need to do about 6-7 million PPD a day.. at the rate they are going.. even if it was consistant it would take them about a year or more to catch us..

The big thing to remember here is the 1.4 BILLION point lead we have on them. :D

Errr..Ahh..., I know I can't speak for anybody but myself here and only one member has mentioned having problems getting GPU2 WU's. Brother capreppy mentioned this a while ago and it was recommended that he restart his boxen. I have restarted, destarted, pee started and reinstalled on my freakin' boxen and I still have problems getting work. It's not just once, but continually. I'm having continual problems with both of my Q6600's which , never, ever had any problem before. :mad: I even called my ISP provider to see if it was something I or they could cure, nothing. :(

The reason I brought this up in this thread is, although ATM I've only got 2x boxen and 2x lowly CUDA capable cards, it's hard to rack up points for team 33 and stay ahead if every time you get finished with a GPU2 WU you have to wait 3 or 4 hours to get another WU. Even on lowly 8800GS's the WU's are done pretty quickly compared to WinSMP. You can infer I'm constantly complaining (which I'm not), a little paranoid (which is debatable) or flat out "nuts" (could be in some cases) and I don't really give a rats patoot (which is pretty close to the case). :rolleyes:. Even giving me the benefit of the doubt it's still pretty [H]ard to be exited about F@H or the teams ranking if you can't get the f*cking work.

Oh yeah, I'm gettin' tired of this overloaded server crap, if that's the case how come no other program has this problem all the time ???? This 100% WCG is starting to look good, "figg F@H in the butt and throw em' in a mud puddle" :cool:

DCing for the CURE

EDIT: At this particular time I'm only on attempt #11for this boxen, which is a Q6600 + a eVGA 9600GSO :eek:

EDIT again: My other Q6600 is on it's 10th retry. I have no problems with WCG, LinSMP (a E6600) or when I was using WinSMP, although I had numerous EUE problems, I don't remember having trouble getting WU's. :rolleyes:

Well my EVGA 295 finally stopped EUEing.... Im up to 15kppd now up from the 5k ppd last week.

as soon as I can get my Dell P4 monster back online , I don't think we'll have to worry about thee ol' EVGA guys for awhile ...

..umm ..yeah

Does anyone know anything about the user barnettworks? That production line has demonstrated a continuous steep slope for a month now, and has topped 880k PPD. It's freaking insane. :eek:

Does anyone know anything about the user barnettworks? That production line has demonstrated a continuous steep slope for a month now, and has topped 880k PPD. It's freaking insane. :eek:

Barnettworks and most of the other big hitters there are evga guys using servers that haven't gone into production yet. From what I've read, its only going to last a few more weeks, so the others are jumping onboard the barnettworks train to try and hit 1 million an go out with a splash.

Barnettworks and most of the other big hitters there are evga guys using servers that haven't gone into production yet. From what I've read, its only going to last a few more weeks, so the others are jumping onboard the barnettworks train to try and hit 1 million an go out with a splash.
I see, so this production is from CPU only WUs or a combination of CPU+GPU? :confused:

PS. 880k was a typo, I meant to type 800k

any info on these servers? what kind of hardware are they? and what will they be used for?

Basically from what i understand barnetworks is using like 3-4 racks of blades

Basically from what i understand barnetworks is using like 3-4 racks of blades
Wow, so that is probably 100% SMP client derived PPD. I never heard of this kind of production from CPU clients alone. Unbelievable.

well if you look at the ppd per wu it's almost deff 100% smp
Points -- WU
18,552,466 -- 9,493

any info on these servers? what kind of hardware are they? and what will they be used for?

They are either Dell or HP blade servers as far as I know running Linux SMP clients.

If they keep this up too long I'll be adding another 15K PPD to the [H]0rde out of my current capabilities. I have spare GPUs for the cause.

Of course they are nearly 1.3 billion points behind team 33.

They are either Dell or HP blade servers as far as I know running Linux SMP clients.

If they keep this up too long I'll be adding another 15K PPD to the [H]0rde out of my current capabilities. I have spare GPUs for the cause.

Of course they are nearly 1.3 billion points behind team 33.
Alan mentioned that it's only temporary and the racks will no longer run F@H in the very near future. But, by all means add more production if you can afford it. We need as much as possible not only for the competition but to get some [H]ard research. :cool:

Back