Annoying problem

For a long time on my RT-AC68U when i use internet download manager or download torrents i would lose my connection a lot for less then a minute then it would start working again. So i bought a GT-AX6000 thinking it might be to many connections at once or something and the faster router might help but it didn't. Then i figured out the problem it only happens when i try to browse the internet at the same time as downloading otherwise it's fine. Happens with chrome and edge. I doubt there is a fix for this other then not browsing while downloading but does anyone know why it happens?

not sure if it will help but trying capping the bandwidth and lowering the number of connections in your torrent software.

I did both but didn't help. I downloaded 10 torrents and 10 files with IDM at same time and it was fine but with 1 torrent and browsing internet it loses connection.

Your ISP could be throttling you...
reformat your computer, if it still happens, it is likely your ISP. also what speeds do you have cause " internet download manager" isnt something you should really need any more these days...

I have heard of some isp's detecting torrent traffic and throttling. But yea also as said, too many connections can overload a lot of consumer routers. Isp could also have a max number of connections limit too.

Yup, you would need to tweak your torrent client to even lower the number of connections, seeding, connect direct to your ISP router, and all that jazz if you really want to get into it. Years back ISP claimed they didnt throttle torrent traffic, but several were busted doing it, sure they have found new ways to do it that are harder to prove if they wanted to.

A couple of other things to look into--see if it is just this one system, hard wire your connection, try a linux live cd.

Back