Announcing The GeForce GTX Holiday Bundle

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA has just taken the wraps of its GeForce GTX Holiday Bundle. Game on the list include Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Batman: Arkham Origins, and Splinter Cell Blacklist. Hit the link to see which games come with which cards and when.

Got a my second brand new GTX 680 (Zotac AMP) from Amazon last week for $310 and got Batman with it (along with AC1, AC2, and ACR). I think it's pretty funny that I got the game out of the three that they say isn't going to go with that particular card (and, fortunately, the only one of those three I somewhat wanted). I still think AMD has the better bundle though, especially if they ever add BF4 to the list.

oh man I was thinking about getting an AMD upgrade for BF4/Mantle... but hell 3 GOOD (probably) games for free...

Sign me up.

As someone who bought a 770 a little over a week ago the timing of this announcement sucks ass. On the other hand, the bundle doesn't include any games I give two shits about...

now all they need to do is lower prices on those cards and they are good to go

nice.....

I look forward to getting Batman AO for cheap from somebody.

Then again, I still haven't finished Arkham city, so maybe I will just wait until AO hits $10 next summer.

WTF......I buy two GTX 780s at release and get zip......:eek:

except Galaxy, who's cards I bought sent me two T-Shirts as a thank you for buying.:D

whining concluded/:p

As someone who paid MSRP (plus $20 because I was impatient and bought it retail at Fry's) for a GTX 770..... WHHHHHYYYY did I do that? All I got was a freaking EVGA backplate... no games.

Se everyone missed the Shield bundle.

Seems Shield sales are doing great... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Saw that.
Thought it was kind of random. Really, a coupon for Shield?

Personally, a bit disappointed that there was no price drop announced (unless I missed it). Also the lack of 770ti / Titan Utra announcement.

I wonder if they're waiting for AMD to release 290/X before making any announcements, or if the rumored cards are just vaporware.

Last edited:
As someone who bought a 770 a little over a week ago the timing of this announcement sucks ass. On the other hand, the bundle doesn't include any games I give two shits about...

I bought the video the first week it came out and I get nothing. Nvidia blows

On a side note, I wonder why they announced it without the deal becoming active until the end of October. This has to depress the sales of the Nvidia cards for the next two weeks or so.

On a side note, I wonder why they announced it without the deal becoming active until the end of October. This has to depress the sales of the Nvidia cards for the next two weeks or so.

I've been thinking a lot about this. My "wishful thinking" guess is that the specs & pricing for the 780ti are announced by month-end (with availability mid-November), which will also have announced price drops for 780 & 770 right when the holiday bundle becomes effective.

For those in need of or wanting a better GPU, this is pretty good. Not a bad way for nVidia to boost sales on leftover tech. If I was in need of a GPU, I'd likely be leaning towards the 770.

I'll still be waiting for Maxwell to release and see which nVidia or AMD card offers the best performance at the price point I will stick with.

This bundle is pushing me over the top. I had been eyeballing a GTX 780 for a while now (I think 3GB VRAM makes a bigger deal in certain games than we generally realize). Batman and AC4 were probably games that I would consider buying on launch day at MSRP, so this bundle is probably worth $130 to me. That 780 is suddenly appearing almost reasonably priced ;)

this will probably come with the 780ti too and I would probably buy batman at launch and maybe even AC. Already got splinter cell so I would sell it. I am glad Nvidia is doing this instead of game credit for games no one plays. I think AMD was pretty successful doing this and now they want in.

Also $100 off a shield is a pretty nice deal if you are in the marked for one.

Back