Android dual sim usage

bink

[H]ard|Gawd
Looks like I'm going to have a work phone soon. I don't want to port my personal number to my works account. I want to keep personal and work separate and don't want to carry 2 phones. I know on iOS I can assign contacts to use a specific sim. My googling with how it works on Android hasn't really answered if I can assign a sim to a contact specifically...it seems that I have to choose what sim to use when texting or calling??

I'd much prefer to stay on Android with a pixel or one plus. I've been rocking a one plus n200 and love it after being on iPhone for the past 3 years.

Thanks!

If you're in the US, your only Android option is Pixel (and possibly Osom in future). Android manufacturers are basically blocked from offering dual sim (esim) options by the US carriers.

If you're in the US, your only Android option is Pixel (and possibly Osom in future). Android manufacturers are basically blocked from offering dual sim (esim) options by the US carriers.
Thanks! The pixel was at the top of my list.

Still trying to figure out if I can assign a specific sim to each contact

I use dual SIMs on my Pixel 5 when traveling around Europe and back home to the states. Just checked for you and yes, you can assign contacts and their individual phone numbers to a specific SIM for calling. Also, of course in the messages app, you can assign which SIM to use before or during a conversation.

Here's what it looks like:

Screenshot_20220308-232218~2.png

Screenshot_20220308-232432.png

Last edited:
Awesome thanks! After more googling there are also several apps that let you set rules and it will set a sim for you based on those rules. I would much prefer to do it without help of an app or course!

That screenshot is what I needed to see!!

I'll get a pixel 6 pro ordered.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Why do that when you can get a VoIP solution like MySudo, LinPhone, OpenPhone, Phoner, Blur, Twilio, jmp.chat, etc?

Back