Android App That Infects Your PC

HardOCP News

[H] News
Kaspersky Labs discovered an Android app that, after infecting your PC, uses your microphone to spy on you. :eek:

We have come across PC malware that infects mobile devices before. However, in this case it’s the other way round: an app that runs on a mobile device (a smartphone) is designed to infect PCs. As soon as the microphone detects sound, the application immediately begins to write audio data to a file using BeginRecording. The program encrypts files and sends them to the master.

[QUOTE As soon as the microphone detects sound, the application immediately begins to write audio data to a file using BeginRecording: [/QUOTE]

How does this "infect" your PC?

very interesting

127.0.0.1 kicks-ass.net
127.0.0.1 hopto.org

oh wait! you can't do that on a SMARTPHONE
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They talk about "older OS's". It's not about that age of the OS. It's about the user not caring much about security (for whatever OS).

"But, I have my anti-virus program and my operating system fully updated!" ............... LMFAO
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This makes the headlines but HTML5 has the ability to turn on the mic (on it's own) and no one says anything.

well it infect your pc if you have it to autorun the exe that it downloads onto ur phones sd card.

it could be any virus but it is a weak method.

This is hardly a virus. A virus infects other executables by attaching itself to the executable code. This is an amateurish attempt at a trojan; I mean, who names their function attack? For that matter, who releases a trojan without even attempting to obfuscate the code.

This is nothing new! iPhones make you install Malware which can delete your DVD drives and fills your computer with crap software. :p

Back