Android -2 Market and Gingerbread Questions

MavsX

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey fellas, I have 2 questions regarding Android.

1.) so i have 4 gmail accounts on my phone. The first account i synced to my phone is the one i want to use for the market, like if i buy an app or whatever.

Over the course of the last few months, when installing apps, i didn't realize that the market was "logged" in with a different gmail account. So now my phone says i have updates, and it shows like 15 updates under one gmail account, 6 under another, 5 here, 5 there, etc. This all shows up in my notifications. Freaking annoying. Is there a way to only allow the market to use 1 email account? Is that possible? When i am in the market, i can change which account is logged in, but, i dont see a way to keep it at the one gmail account i want.

It looks like the only way around this is to uninstall all the apps that i installed and reinstall them under the correct gmail account.

Thoughts?

2.) I had an AT&T Inspire 4G, and upgraded OTA to Gingerbread 2.3. All hell broke lose. It was terrible. Lots of bugs--that you have probably heard about. I got a new Inspire 4G, and it is running Froyo 2.2.1. It is perfect right now. I keep seeing software updates that are available, but, i am worried that some how my phone will install it without my consent. Is there a way to turn off auto updating? I've looked around in settings/software update, but, don't see too much.

I have a work thunderbolt on verizon, and the phone just pushed out gingerbread and updated on its own. I want to make sure that my personal inspire doesn't get funked up again.

Thoughts?

and thanks!

1. No idea. Will check my wife's phone when I get home as she has two e-mail accounts. I only have one.

2. The phone should not update itself automatically.

I rooted and installed what amounted to a stock ROM minus all the AT&T crapware. Worked like a champ with no update warnings on my Inspire 4G.

1. Can't answer.

2. You can't opt out of firmware updates, all you can do is choose not to do them. But for apps, you can disable auto updates, you'll still get notifications here and there but this way the apps will not update without you allowing them. You have to set each app separately. Go to market, my apps, click each app one by one and disable "Allow automatic updating"

Back