and X48 delayed too

firas

2[H]4U
Yorkfield then Wolfdale and now X48 according to this

that’s nice, now I can get any new GeForce 9 series + Yorkfield + X48 mobo at the same time :D
and maybe by that time the DDR3 prices will drop a little bit, and some VA/IPS 22” panel will arrive :D

wait, I remember I saw some X48 mobo somewhere around here

http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=216004
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/8377/index.html

does this mean my first link was a rumor? :( (If yes… please take it easy on me I’m a n00b)

and maybe by that time the DDR3 prices will drop a little bit

I doubt it will by much. The DDR2 thing was kind of an accident, and I don't think it was a terribly happy one for the people making the RAMs.

I bet the word "Rampage" on the PCB is printed on a sticker and under the sticker you will find the word Maximus just like my previous P5E, the P5E is printed on a sticker covering the Maximus Formula.

Good, I don't mind if it's delayed....

I also want cheaper DDR3 before I look to X48, and I have no reason not to be happy with my current Quad+975X+4GB DDR2 combo, so forcing me to wait is a good thing. :)

What do you need X48 for? X38 is the same thing without the official support for them.

well….the same reason why someone would replace his old 2007 car with a 2008 one, or pick the 760 BMW over the 745, not really big reason but I think if I wait a little bit for X48 then get it I’ll not feel a lot behind
and I still trust these big companies and believe that a new generation should be better, I don’t know how but it just must be.
when the yorkfield (Q9450) arrives, if plenty of reviews/tests didn’t exist on some high end X48 mobo, or if a good one would cost more than $300, I’ll just get P5E or MAXIMUS FORMULA

well….the same reason why someone would replace his old 2007 car with a 2008 one, or pick the 760 BMW over the 745, not really big reason but I think if I wait a little bit for X48 then get it I’ll not feel a lot behind
and I still trust these big companies and believe that a new generation should be better, I don’t know how but it just must be.
when the yorkfield (Q9450) arrives, if plenty of reviews/tests didn’t exist on some high end X48 mobo, or if a good one would cost more than $300, I’ll just get P5E or MAXIMUS FORMULA

Man if someone wants to replace their 'old' 2007 with a new 2008 then they got more money then they know what to do with. :cool:

Man if someone wants to replace their 'old' 2007 with a new 2008 then they got more money then they know what to do with. :cool:

ya I think so but not all the time, my neighbor has a 2006 Toyota Corolla (still paying installment)and his $$ situation is not really good but he’s in deep crazy love with the 2008 Corolla and will get I soon though I told him to forget about the whole brand and get a used 5 series bimmer

What do you need X48 for? X38 is the same thing without the official support for them.

what you said should be a prove that the X48 is the better choice, at least for people who can wait little bit, and specially when the X48 becomes available, at that time I don’t know why anyone would go for the X38 unless some X38 models has better reviews/benchmarks than any available X48 model at the same price range or if X48 models had a relatively much higher price range

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/Intel-QX9770-X48-X38-QX9650,review-29749-27.html

Since the currently available Core 2 processors all run flawlessly with the P35 chipset, which is actually on sale as a real product in the market, we can’t recommend buying an X38-based motherboard. As soon as the QX9770 goes on sale, you’ll be able to find an appropriate X48 board for the same price X38 boards sell for now. It’s definitely not worth purchasing an expensive X38 board now that may not be compatible with newer processors later due to upgraded specifications , e.g. FSB 1600.

If you are planning to dump your current mobo for X38 just to go one step up its better to wait for X48
If you are building a rig now and waiting X48 would corrupt the process don’t wait it and get X38
If you are waiting the next 45nm processors then waiting the X48 should not be a problem since both will be released at the same period (hopefully with the GeForce 9xxx :D )

X48 . . . lol . . .here it is . . .with its big brother . . .

Will have a build with it in the next month or so.

And Nehalem is going to be shit when Westmere is released after that.

LOL :D
btw... now if some application supports multi core, does this mean that it can support 8 cores?
or 8 cores are separate thing, so applications that support 4 cores would not support 8? if yes, am I right when I say that heavy applications developers will overstep the 4 cores and jump directly to the 8 cores support wich would include 4cores support?
what I mean is….is it a whole new struggle with the 8 cores thing?

anyway, Intel...suck my core :p,
maybe that’s why they lowered the Yorkfield multi, to make the Nehalem sexier, just imagine Q9450 with x9.5

X48 . . . lol . . .here it is . . .with its big brother . . .
can you explain more, what is that :confused:

LOL :D
btw... now if some application supports multi core, does this mean that it can support 8 cores?
or 8 cores are separate thing, so applications that support 4 cores would not support 8? if yes, am I right when I say that heavy applications developers will overstep the 4 cores and jump directly to the 8 cores support wich would include 4cores support?
what I mean is….is it a whole new struggle with the 8 cores thing?

anyway, Intel...suck my core :p,
maybe that’s why they lowered the Yorkfield multi, to make the Nehalem sexier, just imagine Q9450 with x9.5

can you explain more, what is that :confused:
X48 next to SkullTrail dude.

I do not have an X38 to compare to. Sorry folks.

ya I think so but not all the time, my neighbor has a 2006 Toyota Corolla (still paying installment)and his $$ situation is not really good but he’s in deep crazy love with the 2008 Corolla ...
The 2008 Corolla has no changes from the 2007. 2009 is the new body style, and except for mules, they haven't built a single one in the US, yet. :) I work for a Toyota/NUMMI supplier.
any physical differences from that to the dx38bt?:confused:
That is a BT (Bone Trail) next to a SkullTrail.

The 2008 Corolla has no changes from the 2007. 2009 is the new body style, and except for mules, they haven't built a single one in the US, yet. :) I work for a Toyota/NUMMI supplier.That is a BT (Bone Trail) next to a SkullTrail.
wrong. that is a BoneTrail 2 ( X48) next to a SkullTrail ;)

The 2008 Corolla has no changes from the 2007. 2009 is the new body style, and except for mules, they haven't built a single one in the US, yet. :) I work for a Toyota/NUMMI supplier.That is a BT (Bone Trail) next to a SkullTrail.

I’m not an expert here but what I know is he has this
http://www.usedcars.ae/English/Showrooms/CarDetails.aspx?ID=2a07a9a7-7884-4591-8bb4-aa6bb5dc8e5b
and wants this
http://www.toyotauae.com/english/section.aspx?id=1909
maybe it depends on the country, btw … I used to have the 2001 model…stupid seats :D

I’m not an expert here but what I know is he has this
http://www.usedcars.ae/English/Showrooms/CarDetails.aspx?ID=2a07a9a7-7884-4591-8bb4-aa6bb5dc8e5b
and wants this
http://www.toyotauae.com/english/section.aspx?id=1909
maybe it depends on the country, btw … I used to have the 2001 model…stupid seats :D
Ah, sorry, I did assume US. The 'new' Corolla is out in other areas of the world. :)
wrong. that is a BoneTrail 2 ( X48) next to a SkullTrail ;)
Oh, well, give it to me! I am looking forward to that board, and some Q9xx0 love.

Id really like to push down an ATX 3.0 that supports the 10 pci brackets Thermaltake though of. If were going to have 4 pci-e 16X slots it would be nice to have a bracket between em all to support 4 Dual Slotted cards.

Id really like to push down an ATX 3.0 that supports the 10 pci brackets Thermaltake though of. If were going to have 4 pci-e 16X slots it would be nice to have a bracket between em all to support 4 Dual Slotted cards.

But that would ratchet up PCB costs quite a bit. And guess who you think that extra cost will be passed on to?

Back