And the Fugliest Custom 290X Award goes to...

Amount of people waiting for HIS cards: Zero.

btw, IceQ 280x is the best cooler according to this:
(Temps) http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r9-280x-third-party-round-up,3655-4.html
(Noise) http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r9-280x-third-party-round-up,3655-5.html

I suppose HIS is sacrificing aesthetics for performance. Of all people I would think [H] users would appreciate that the most.

His has been making pretty good cards since at least the 6xxx series, I have owned at least one from them each generation then and since, been flawless cards.

Really, they might be the first brand I consider just because I have had a good experience with them.

His has been making pretty good cards since at least the 6xxx series, I have owned at least one from them each generation then and since, been flawless cards.

Really, they might be the first brand I consider just because I have had a good experience with them.

That's good. I do remember [H] having some motherboard issues with their HIS HD-7970 card though, so it may be a bit of a gamble.

And as for it being fugly.... I don't know. The only thing I'd choose to get rid of is that stupid "TURBO" sticker. The color doesn't bother me too much.

HIS also had the only respectable blower cooler on the 79XX series of cards. It was damn good on both the 7950 and 7970 cards, sub 65 degrees operating temps and very quiet. Their IceqQ squared one was even better. I've never bought one of their products, but I may well do so if the reviews are good for them and the GPU prices come down.

Blue PCB

do-not-want.jpg

The only hideous bit to me is the beige plate on the top, which looks mostly cosmetic? You could probably remove it and not suffer much in the way of cooling performance.

Take a look at my parts and tell me what looks like a toy. The beautiful case with clean lines and nothing at all flashy on it? The red tubing with no bright LEDs? The great looking black motherboard with hints of red to accent the black? The XSPC res that matches my front panel? The Vengeance LP RAM that has fairly clean lines (for RAM at least)? My system looks nothing like a toy. I hate garish, flashy things. I'm a minimalist. I want my computer to look like a high end piece of technology, not an ugly plastic box. I have pride in my system and how it looks. I give it to my brother to work on because he has a better eye for routing then I do and he will spend hours if he needs to routing tubing and cables to make them look super clean.

you're a dumb ass for arguing with him, holy shit.

Will be purchased by hardcore cosplayers. They'll use it as a helmet prop when it breaks down!

That video card could Crap Diamonds and I still Do not want....

"iPower" and "iTurbo"

F THAT!!!

Back