• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anandtech calls it quits

I got to be honest, I took them out of my list probably 10 years ago or so when, if i remember correctly, there was a political screed in an intel article. I don't really remember the details. That being said, still sorry to see them go. I'd rather bought and paid for press go down.
 
sad to see them go but they lost a lot of their main tech reviewers over the years and they didn't seem to be as relevant anymore...they should have tried to transition over to YouTube years back...seems like tech sites are all dying while video content is thriving...seems no one likes to read anymore
 
I stopped visiting years ago after they implemented the walls of aggressive, repetitive ads.

I too will never understand the appeal of watching some buffoon blather on vs reading at your own leisure, but here we are. If you can't beat em, join em I suppose.
Sad to see you go.
 
Anandtech written reviews are falling by the wayside as all of us people stopped reading. We all went to youtube to watch video reviews. Everything that happens on this planet is because we started behaving a certain way. If no one wants to read reviews, written reviews will die. Everyone buys iphones, the company that markets iphones gets filthy rich.
 
Sad day. They were a site that would check many times per day for years. Much like [H]. To this day I still read every major desktop hardware related article they publish. Always trusted their numbers.
 
I'll miss their deep dives with CPU's and GPU's and that's about it.
It all went down hill after Purch acquired them just like it did with Tom's.

Their forum was a standing joke among many.
I haven't posted there in years because every old time member seems to have access to the ban hammer and will report you if your opinion differs in anyway.
The mods are all on a major power trip and have been since 2008. I'm looking at you Markfm.
You can't even mention Intel if you are in a AMD sub forum or vice versa without getting verbalized and reported by their goon squad.

I could go on and on but most of you already know this shit so yeah.
 
Tom's is garbage. It is hilarious to me that this is the site they're pointing to for people who still want to read tech news.
Anandtech written reviews are falling by the wayside as all of us people stopped reading. We all went to youtube to watch video reviews. Everything that happens on this planet is because we started behaving a certain way. If no one wants to read reviews, written reviews will die. Everyone buys iphones, the company that markets iphones gets filthy rich.
Speak for yourself. I don't watch techtube videos. I hate watching idiots recite their scripts for 30-60 minutes when they could just publish them and let me read them at my own leisure.
 
I was still going on anandtech, on new architecture release for a quick peak and still some reviews.

But like anyone that still did with an adblocker (which make the nuance versus not going on it anymore maybe quite small), videos people put ads inside the video that the adblocker cannot pick and seem to have more ressources
 
Last edited:
I was forum user for a long time. Good tech there but it changed over time and I couldn't stay interested in what was left.

Was never much interested in the site as whole other than some of what Anand himself authored.
 
For me, it was [H] and Anand at the beginning of my tech journey. Used to frequent their forums and articles/reviews. After a while I kept noticing some serious socialist tendencies on their forums and basically stopped visiting both. We lost the real Anandtech a long time ago.
 
I used to use their GPU charts. I feel like that is a big piece missing from today's modern youtube personality reviews (linus, hardware unboxed, gamers nexus, etc). Maybe I don't want to trudge through countless youtube videos hoping to find GPU A compared to GPU B on game XYZ. Not that the charts were perfect as they didn't always retest every gpu for every game. Still though, it was better then watching long videos full of ads hoping to get the info you wanted.
 
For me, it was [H] and Anand at the beginning of my tech journey. Used to frequent their forums and articles/reviews. After a while I kept noticing some serious socialist tendencies on their forums and basically stopped visiting both. We lost the real Anandtech a long time ago.
Same. Used to absolutely love their SSD reviews back when those were new, exciting, and you had a multitude of different companies vying for the top spot with sometimes vast performance differences. The CPU and GPU reviews were good stuff, too. Very in-depth with lots of great charts to sum up the numbers.

I had checked out a few forums (PCPer, Sharky, etc.) back when many existed, and settled down at AT and [H] as my frequent haunts for OT and tech discussions. But like you said, the forums changed at some point and last time I dared check it was an echo chamber full of acidic hate and vitriol towards others that didn't express certain viewpoints. Ah well.
 
didn't everyone there move to Apple?...the site seemed less PC focused for many years now
 
Anandtech written reviews are falling by the wayside as all of us people stopped reading. We all went to youtube to watch video reviews. Everything that happens on this planet is because we started behaving a certain way. If no one wants to read reviews, written reviews will die. Everyone buys iphones, the company that markets iphones gets filthy rich.
We might watch gamers nexus on YT, but that is purely for entertainment. When I'm looking for my next HW upgrade, I won't waste hours on long winded fluff filled meandering verbal diarrhea, NO, I'll click on review sites where I can find the relevant info in 10 seconds.

Maybe at some point I'll be able to tell an AI to fetch me the relevant charts from all GN videos, but until then written reviews are king.
 
didn't everyone there move to Apple?...the site seemed less PC focused for many years now
if you go to anandtech.com, the 20 last news, all PC, in the last 80, 1 seem apple related about the M4 announcement
 
Anandtech written reviews are falling by the wayside as all of us people stopped reading. We all went to youtube to watch video reviews. Everything that happens on this planet is because we started behaving a certain way. If no one wants to read reviews, written reviews will die. Everyone buys iphones, the company that markets iphones gets filthy rich.
I still favor written content. Skipping around videos to find useful info is the last thing I do.
 
I still favor written content. Skipping around videos to find useful info is the last thing I do.
I like both...especially as I age and my eyes aren't what they used to be for reading.

I'll watch HWUB videos as they seem to be pretty relevant and short and to the point. I can watch or listen as I do things around the house.
Then for more data...
Gamers Nexus....I can't really watch those. There is so much data there it is just hard. However, I believe a lot gets posted so it can be read when I have time and access to my monitor.

Jay and Linus...they just make me laugh with escapades...................or dropping things.
 
Long live [H]ard|OCP!!!

T_Zjv-I6bCO4S6xouzKzp.png
 
Tom's is garbage. It is hilarious to me that this is the site they're pointing to for people who still want to read tech news.

Speak for yourself. I don't watch techtube videos. I hate watching idiots recite their scripts for 30-60 minutes when they could just publish them and let me read them at my own leisure.
I'd much rather read an article, skip around, etc. than listen to someone blather on and on or go on some personal anecdote for a few minutes. I like to get to the meat and potatoes and straight to the point. I don't care about their dog, how they dropped a screw 8 years ago, or whatever else they want to go on about. Give me the details, I'll click the pages that are relevant to me and read those parts. [H] reviews were the best with that. You didn't get dumber, you actually learned a thing or two (and not about some YouTubers personal life, which I don't care about). I love YouTube and a lot of technical stuff, but it's more about the documentary style not the reviews style. "Hey guys! Make sure to slam that like and subscribe button! Here's a word from our sponsor! HAHAHA Did you see my dogs?!".

I can count on one hand how many times I've visited Anandtech. Nothing against the site, it just wasn't very appealing to me. Just found others more interesting. Definitely was informative when I did visit, but it just lacked something for me personally. Still, after Anand left, I rarely heard of them anymore.
 
Back
Top