Amount of quality games this season is crazy!!!

I don't see what was so more original in 2007's fall season. Sure there was Team Fortress 2, Portal and Rock Band but that's about it. This year we have Mirror's Edge, Little Big Planet, Left 4 Dead.

Oh I agree, we have had multiple seasons of unoriginal content. This year has some bright spots but they are like diamonds buried in dookie.

As nice as this year is shaping up, I still think it'll pale in comparison to last year's list of holiday season games:

COD4
Crysis
HL2: Ep2
Portal
Team Fortress 2
MoH: Airborne
World in Conflict

As nice as this year is shaping up, I still think it'll pale in comparison to last year's list of holiday season games:

COD4
Crysis
Portal
Team Fortress 2
World in Conflict

Seriously, MoH Airborne?

COD4
Crysis
Portal
Team Fortress 2
World in Conflict

Six fps' and one rts, does not make a man rich in fullness. And you forgot Stalker, Quake Wars, and the Witcher in that list :p

Edit: Minus Stalker, that came out in the spring -_-.

Six fps' and one rts, does not make a man rich in fullness. And you forgot Stalker, Quake Wars, and the Witcher in that list :p

Edit: Minus Stalker, that came out in the spring -_-.

Quake Wars was a dissapointement IMO. UT3 was much better (though it could have been more).

Current WoW players will buy the expansion without a doubt. Non-WoW players could care less.

A lot of ex-WoW players will also buy it. Considering Burning Crusade was the best selling PC game of all of 2007 and fastest selling PC game ever, it's a lot of people.

My own list. I can't make a judgment that all of these games will be high quality. We'll have to play them to see if they live up to, go beyond the hype, or burn a fiery death in atmospheric reentry.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (PC)
Far Cry 2 (PC)
The Witcher Enhanced Edition (PC)
Crysis Warhead (PC)
Dead Space (PC)
Fallout 3 (PC)
Left 4 Dead (PC)
Sacred 2 Fallen Angel (PC)
WoW Wrath of the Lich King (PC)

Heh, thread should have been titled quality hyped games... whether or not they're quality will be seen after they come out....

My own list. I can't make a judgment that all of these games will be high quality. We'll have to play them to see if they live up to, go beyond the hype, or burn a fiery death in atmospheric reentry.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (PC)
Far Cry 2 (PC)
The Witcher Enhanced Edition (PC)
Crysis Warhead (PC)
Dead Space (PC)
Fallout 3 (PC)
Left 4 Dead (PC)
Sacred 2 Fallen Angel (PC)
WoW Wrath of the Lich King (PC)

add COD 5 or what ever they are calling it......:D

I've only got a pc, but there is a bunch of games I am anticipating!

My must buy games:
-Crysis Warhead
-Saints Row 2
-GTA IV
-FarCry 2
-C&C Red Alert 3
-COD World At War

I'm hoping I'll like these:
-Bully
-Brothers In Arms Hells Highway
-Tom Clancy's End War

I also still need to play:
-Company Of Heroes Opposing Fronts
-World In Conflict

I'm currently playing:
Grid, Company Of Heroes, and Day Of Defeat Source

For me..

2008: FarCry 2, Fallout 3

2009: Deus Ex 3, Operation: Flashpoint 2

If hell freezes over: Duke Nukem Forever, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2

And if hell REALLY freezes over.... Freespace 3.

Final fantasy and Resident Evil have co-op this year right? Should be worth checking out.

I've only got a pc, but there is a bunch of games I am anticipating!

My must buy games:
-Crysis Warhead
-Saints Row 2
-GTA IV
-FarCry 2
-C&C Red Alert 3
-COD World At War

I'm hoping I'll like these:
-Bully
-Brothers In Arms Hells Highway
-Tom Clancy's End War

I also still need to play:
-Company Of Heroes Opposing Fronts
-World In Conflict

I'm currently playing:
Grid, Company Of Heroes, and Day Of Defeat Source

You'll enjoy GTA IV -- a lot.

I have told myself that I have to beat all the old games I bought this year, before I can buy any new ones! I better get my ass moving...

You forgot the new Banjo Kazooie! Well...I thought it might be a good game anyway. I liked the first two, the only thing that I don't like about it is that it seems to stress vehicles too much.

You forgot the new Banjo Kazooie! Well...I thought it might be a good game anyway. I liked the first two, the only thing that I don't like about it is that it seems to stress vehicles too much.

Exactly why I'm worried about it. That, and Rare hasn't delivered an outstanding title since the Nintendo days (sure Kameo was good, but nothing spectacular). I used to be such a big fan of that studio....

wow 51 posts before anyone mentioned Bothers In Arms: Hells Highway.

That looks freaking awsome...

looking forward to COD5 given that I am in it :)

Back