Amnesia: Rebirth

polonyc2

Fully [H]
2010 horror game Amnesia: The Dark Descent is getting a sequel this fall...developer Frictional Games just announced Amnesia: Rebirth with a short trailer...according to the synopsis, Rebirth follows a new protagonist named Tasi Trianon through the Algerian desert...some trailer art implies that it takes place in the early to mid-20th century, instead of The Dark Descent’s 19th century Prussia...

Coming autumn 2020...

Amnesia: Rebirth - Announcement trailer

This looks interesting. The Dark Descent was a great game that took me forever to get through because I cant play horror games in long play sessions

Ugh, I still need to finish SOMA. I got stuck in The Curie. I'll probably buy this, like an idiot.

in case anyone was wondering the Machine for Pigs sequel was not made by the same developer (Frictional Games)...so this new game is the true successor to Dark Descent

in case anyone was wondering the Machine for Pigs sequel was not made by the same developer (Frictional Games)...so this new game is the true successor to Dark Descent
Ja, I didn't think Machine for Pigs was good at all. I just stopped playing it and never went back to it. Happy to see Frictional taking the reins back. Machine for Pigs was made by The Chinese Room, for anyone who didn't know. They're known for Dear Esther and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, which were pure walking simulators.

Ja, I didn't think Machine for Pigs was good at all. I just stopped playing it and never went back to it. Happy to see Frictional taking the reins back. Machine for Pigs was made by The Chinese Room, for anyone who didn't know. They're known for Dear Esther and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, which were pure walking simulators.
Yep. I played it for about an hour and never looked back. Boring. I think I got it for free so no loss.

I loved Dark Descent... but had a really hard time with my anxiety in SOMA. I need to go back and try SOMA again for sure.

Yay! Loved Amnesia and was thinking about doing a replay the other day. A Machine for Pigs didn't suck me in initially (I need to try again) but I'm almost at the end of SOMA and really enjoyed that one, too.

I guess I can see how the passive, no combat gameplay mechanic is a turnoff for some people but IMO it really heightens the sense of helplessness and terror. Wasn't Outlast the same way? That game was pretty damn scary also. If I want to fight or shoot enemies, there are 9813758937 games that will satisfy that itch.

Yay! Loved Amnesia and was thinking about doing a replay the other day. A Machine for Pigs didn't suck me in initially (I need to try again) but I'm almost at the end of SOMA and really enjoyed that one, too.

I guess I can see how the passive, no combat gameplay mechanic is a turnoff for some people but IMO it really heightens the sense of helplessness and terror. Wasn't Outlast the same way? That game was pretty damn scary also. If I want to fight or shoot enemies, there are 9813758937 games that will satisfy that itch.
I've no issue with no combat, but the gameplay still has to be engaging in some way. Running around and just finding documents that reveal the story isn't engaging. Amnesia has you actually solving a mystery by tackling puzzles and physical challenges, and it's rewarding.

I've no issue with no combat, but the gameplay still has to be engaging in some way. Running around and just finding documents that reveal the story isn't engaging. Amnesia has you actually solving a mystery by tackling puzzles and physical challenges, and it's rewarding.

Exactly. The puzzles were fun and rewarding. I haven't played Dear Esther or EGttR, so my comment wasn't about walking simulators. I prefer to have some type of gameplay with my story, even if it's just puzzle solving and running/hiding like a bitch. :D

That game was pretty damn scary also. If I want to fight or shoot enemies, there are 9813758937 games that will satisfy that itch.

exactly...it's good to try different games with unique playstyles and mechanics...Amnesia, Outlast, Vanishing of Ethan Carter etc were fun because they dared to be different...one of the reasons I'm tempted to try NieR: Automata (but the lack of official post release support in terms of patches has turned me off)

Amnesia: Rebirth- Release Date Reveal Trailer

The new game is set 100 years after the events of Amnesia: The Dark Descent...releasing on October 20th and will be available from Steam, Epic, and GOG...

I can't understand the appeal of this game. I can appreciate that it dared to be something different but not being able to fight back in some way is a total turn off to me. I always thought the game should have been called Run Like a Bitch: Hiding in a Dark Corner. This should be called: Run Like a Bitch 2: The Next Generation. Alien Isolation did this genre a bit better by offering some combat. They made the enemy terrifying (when the AI worked) and limited supplies and combat capability was just enough to make the game satisfying when you did kill something. It also kept me from screaming at the screen in frustration due to not being able to fight back.

How do you play these, at night with no lights and loud volume? Is it scary? What's it about?
(Taco haven't watched trailer, on data diet right now. Fighting addiction.)

That's the best way to play them.
Amnesia isn't anywhere near as scary as Outlast, though. It's a walk in the park compared to it.

Rebirth is getting excellent reviews...

Amnesia: Rebirth is an elegant sequel to a horror classic

Amnesia: Rebirth doesn’t reinvent horror games the way The Dark Descent does. But it refines one of the genre’s greatest entries into something more awe-inspiring and deftly designed, without abandoning its highest goal: making you shiver as you take your first step down a pitch-black tunnel...

https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/19/21519899/amnesia-rebirth-frictional-games-pc-ps4-horror-review

PCGamer Review- Score 91

Frictional has mastered the art of building tension using imagery, music, level design, and sound mixing...The breathtaking story payoffs are well worth putting yourself through the ordeal, too...Their ability to marry deeply personal, relatable fears with cosmic horror is nearly unparalleled in games...While mechanically rusty, Amnesia: Rebirth deserves to go down as one of the most effective and mind-bending horror games ever made, just like its predecessor...

https://www.pcgamer.com/amnesia-rebirth-review/

I'm glad Frictional Games is still going at it even if I rarely play horror games. Playing the Dark Descent in one hour stints in the dark with headphones is an experience that will stick with me for the rest of my life.

I'm glad Frictional Games is still going at it even if I rarely play horror games. Playing the Dark Descent in one hour stints in the dark with headphones is an experience that will stick with me for the rest of my life.
Yep. It's the only way to play these games IMO. I'm looking forward to this - games like Amnesia and SOMA really shine on OLED since you're pitched into true blackness and not a sea of grayish "blacks". It really adds to the immersion.

Amnesia: Rebirth is the First Game to Include the Intel Xe HPG in its PC Recommendations

the Intel Xe HPG GPU falls between the Xe-LP and Xe-HP and is targeted primarily at the gaming audiences...it's expected to use a single tile and assuming that a single tile consists of 512 EUs, we are looking at up to 4096 cores on the flagship chip...as for the gaming-specific features, the Intel Xe-HPG powered graphics cards will feature hardware-accelerated ray tracing and feature GDDR6 memory to optimize performance and value...

93.jpg

I just beat this today on my lunch break (one of the endings) and man, what a game.
I played it right after the original, and this was so much better, the original it was easy to outrun the gatherers, but the ghouls in this one are relentless, and 10x scarier.

It's still not as scary as Outlast, but they did a damned good job. After work I'm going to get the other endings.

The uh,
breast feeding
part was a bit weird though. Get to do it a couple more times.

Frictional Games has just released a new Adventure Mode for its horror game Amnesia: Rebirth (on PC; PlayStation owners will get in the next few weeks)...the mode removes all life-threatening encounters with monsters and it also eases up on the visual and sound effects that would regularly affect the fear level of protagonist Tasi Trianon

The environments are also better lit, which should ease up any claustrophobia issues for players...Adventure Mode also adds a number of bonus puzzles...to celebrate this addition, Amnesia: Rebirth is now 40% off on Steam, GOG.com, and Epic Games Store...

Frictional Games has just released a new Adventure Mode for its horror game Amnesia: Rebirth (on PC; PlayStation owners will get in the next few weeks)...the mode removes all life-threatening encounters with monsters and it also eases up on the visual and sound effects that would regularly affect the fear level of protagonist Tasi Trianon

The environments are also better lit, which should ease up any claustrophobia issues for players...Adventure Mode also adds a number of bonus puzzles...to celebrate this addition, Amnesia: Rebirth is now 40% off on Steam, GOG.com, and Epic Games Store...

"Game journalist" mode, in other words.

I'll definitely be picking this one up

Amnesia: Rebirth is next week's free Epic Store game

Amnesia: Rebirth, the third outing in developer Frictional Games' historical horror series, will be next week's free Epic Store game, alongside couch-based co-op dungeon-crawler Riverbond...starting next Thursday, April 21st

I'm glad this is free because I can't justify buying scary games I won't play. I'm stuck in that stupid submarine on SOMA.

I'll definitely be picking this one up

Amnesia: Rebirth is next week's free Epic Store game

Amnesia: Rebirth, the third outing in developer Frictional Games' historical horror series, will be next week's free Epic Store game, alongside couch-based co-op dungeon-crawler Riverbond...starting next Thursday, April 21st

Get Amnesia for sure. It's their best game to date. SOMA was good but after digesting both games after some time, rebirth is better. I do love the sci-fi aspect of SOMA but overall, the gameplay, story, and tension in rebirth is fantastic.

I bought this on a Steam sale last year and it's next up for me to play this week. Looking forward to it as I've never played a game in this series before.

I bought this on a Steam sale last year and it's next up for me to play this week. Looking forward to it as I've never played a game in this series before.
There is no need to play any of the prior games, you'll find all the backstory you need in the game world.

Forgot to pick this up will do now whoa this game is 12 years old already lol I know it's a remake but maybe it was good back then?

Last edited:
Back