AMH A399U - Korean 4K Gaming 39" - HDMI 2.0, DP 1.2 , DVI DL, 4:4:4

Very interested in this, especially any of you who get this from the UK and the import duty you get charged for it..

Sweet! Been watching these on eBay for a little while, waiting for a proper review. Going to be tough to hold off now.

What's with the non removable cord, though? That seems....ahem (facepalm)....what's the design reason for that?

I mean when was the last time a monitor had a non removable power cord?
I'm pretty sure even CRT's from 2001 had removable power cords....

It's pretty hard to call that a review, but the video did show PWM flicker @ 7:42.

I don't see a real reason to purchase this over the 40" Crossover 44k UHD, which is PWM-free for only $100 more.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Pretty dumb to buy this over the PWM/Flicker Free Crossover 44k for 100$ more. PWM ruins motion clarity and makes buying a 4k monitor for gaming pointless. The AMH uses tempered glass which ruins the perceived black depth and causes internal and vast amounts of external reflections, but it can be removed (pictures). Glass vs Gloss

Last edited:
I would not touch anything without gsync if the display is for gaming too at 4k and 60hz.

my 2 cents.

Pretty dumb to buy this over the PWM/Flicker Free Crossover 44k for 100$ more. PWM ruins motion clarity and makes buying a 4k monitor for gaming pointless. The AMH uses tempered glass which ruins the perceived black depth and causes internal and vast amounts of external reflections, but it can be removed (pictures). Glass vs Gloss

So buying the Philips or Samsung Ju6500 is a bad idea? I've considered thr crossover, but I'm worried about dead pixela and the monitor dying quickly due to being a relatively unknown brand.

So buying the Philips or Samsung Ju6500 is a bad idea? I've considered thr crossover, but I'm worried about dead pixels and the monitor dying quickly due to being a relatively unknown brand.

It's both stupid and irrational to buy a 4k display with PWM over one without, even if you don't plan on gaming since there are plenty of PWM free 4k displays and more will likely exist soon. Some of the eBay sellers offer pixel perfect versions and Square Trade warranties are available. If the monitor dies, Square Trade usually gives full refunds in exchange for the monitor. The majority of budget monitors are PWM free, so why support companies which pinch pennies on PWM and clearly don't care about people who are sensitive to it?

I would not touch anything without gsync if the display is for gaming too at 4k and 60hz.

my 2 cents.

The only problem is that there are no 30+ inch 4k monitors coming out with gsync any time soon which really sucks. I hope next year we will start seeing some 40 inch, or at the very least, 32 inch 4k g sync monitors.

The glass vs. gloss thing doesn't really bother me, as I generally play in the dark anyways. But, I'm not super familiar with PWM, so not sure if I'm sensitive to it or not. Currently using an Acer B326hul and can't stand the overshoot ghosting. The crossover 44k is not an option right now, as they are out of stock on ebay, and $900 on Amazon.

when will we get the holy grail of 4k displays?

- a smart tv-like interface compatible with netflix 4k streaming
- true 4k@60Hz
- true 1080p@120Hz
-Bigger than 32", smaller than 40"

when will we get the holy grail of 4k displays?

- a smart tv-like interface compatible with netflix 4k streaming
- true 4k@60Hz
- true 1080p@120Hz
-Bigger than 32", smaller than 40"

when more company marketing teams fallow forums about what people want, Acer did their job with the Predator, they listened.

so keep an eye on Acer, they will most likely be the first to come out with a 34-49 inch 4k screen with gsync, flicker free, 120/144hz with 1080p and low input lag.

Yeah, when the manufactures see people not buying their crap products then they will start offering what consumers really want. If their smart. So refuse to buy until the good monitors or what you want come out. :D

Just received mine.

Nice monitor but needs a dark room.
Dont suffer from pwm strain but thats me.

Pros:
BIG, no no no... let rephrase it BIG BIG BIG. Got a huge boost in productivity.
Colors are on level with any IPS I have used and the contrast ratio is much better then any IPS... VA panel? Seems to be a VA Panel not an IPS.
HDMI 2.0 and DP with 4k 60hz. Didn't try HDMI 2.0 (running on a 290x) so can't comment on the chroma issue.
Brightness is fine. Settings are decent. Watched a couple of movies and it was bloody beautiful.
Overshoot is decent. Much lower than the Qnix 320QHD but the Benq BL3201 beats it. Overshoot is supriselingly lower than the U28D590!?
Input Lag? I would put it on par with a Qnix 27in no scalar.

Cons:
Glass Front. Needs a dark room.
Cable came bad and had to replace the DP cable.
Once in awhile (like every 30-40mins) a simple flicker comes on the screen. Same thing happened to my Benq BL3201.... DP issue? Only occured when I left sleep and a complete shutdown resolves it for hours (a restart won't work).

Overall rating: 7.5/10 (Glass panel takes out a 1.5 point, 1 Point for the rest of the issues).

Would buy a 65in of this monitor for the living room if they release a version with no front glass in a heart beat.

so keep an eye on Acer, they will most likely be the first to come out with a 34-49 inch 4k screen with gsync, flicker free, 120/144hz with 1080p and low input lag.

my bet is that a TV company like Sony will deliver the first HDMI 2.0 Netflix 4k compatible TV with true 1080p-120Hz. samsung has failed miserably at this so far, but that was expected after the fiasco of their first generation " hdmi 2.0" TVs.

We will NOT see legal 4k content for PCs anytime soon, so right now netflix 4k support is about as important as 1080p@120Hz. Not that there are many cost effective 4k@60hz 1080p@120hz monitors out there...

Some pics:
900x900px-LL-b26d38a0_IMG-20150523-WA0008.jpeg

900x900px-LL-eaf81875_IMG-20150522-WA0055.jpeg

900x900px-LL-0436083a_IMG-20150522-WA0009.jpeg

900x900px-LL-6e74230c_IMG-20150522-WA0007.jpeg

Did a custom resolution and actually got it to work as an ultra wide!

900x900px-LL-4be8d55c_IMG-20150525-WA0014.jpeg

900x900px-LL-a7b33e1c_IMG-20150525-WA0008.jpeg

900x900px-LL-f5e2d7d8_IMG-20150525-WA0012.jpeg

900x900px-LL-4763b14f_IMG-20150525-WA0010.jpeg

Pros:
BIG, no no no... let rephrase it BIG BIG BIG. Got a huge boost in productivity.
Colors are on level with any IPS I have used and the contrast ratio is much better then any IPS... VA panel? Seems to be a VA Panel not an IPS.
HDMI 2.0 and DP with 4k 60hz. Didn't try HDMI 2.0 (running on a 290x) so can't comment on the chroma issue.
Brightness is fine. Settings are decent. Watched a couple of movies and it was bloody beautiful.
Overshoot is decent. Much lower than the Qnix 320QHD but the Benq BL3201 beats it. Overshoot is supriselingly lower than the U28D590!?
Input Lag? I would put it on par with a Qnix 27in no scalar.

Cons:
Glass Front. Needs a dark room.
Cable came bad and had to replace the DP cable.
Once in awhile (like every 30-40mins) a simple flicker comes on the screen. Same thing happened to my Benq BL3201.... DP issue? Only occured when I left sleep and a complete shutdown resolves it for hours (a restart won't work).

Overall rating: 7.5/10 (Glass panel takes out a 1.5 point, 1 Point for the rest of the issues).

Is this korean monitor glossy, under the glass?

Is the crossover 44k glossy / can I get a glossy version of the same thing? (NOT semi gloss)

Read post #7 & #8 and forget about the AMH since I know you are smart enough to not buy a 4k display with PWM.

I'm smart enough to never buy a matte monitor, including semi-gloss. (I had one, same PPI as this.)

Are there any ~40" 4k gloss/PDC? When I searched google, it appeared the 44K was semi-gloss?

The Green sum sale page specifically has a warning about Mac and laptop computers not being able to drive this display. I know that you can't get any sort of reasonable gaming performance, but I don't see why the connection wouldn't work for web browsing or video playing... Has anyone tried to connect a macbook retina pro to one of these?

Back