AMD's GPU '14 Product Showcase Webcast

On that note (besides me being blind and adding an extra digit in my head. :D ), re-looking at the scores, the R9-290x doesn't appear to be even as fast as an GTX780. Am I reading that wrong?

That list only shows the top 100 scores, so who knows if the single 780 scores listed there are overclocked or not.

The SLI perf looks to be slower than Titan, so I would expect the same trend with a single 780.

AMD had a chance to have PhysX run on there cards NV wanted to keep control of drivers and AMD wouldnt give NV the needed info on there GPU for NV to make the driver for AMD hardware

Under those circumstances I'd have said the same thing to nvidia if I were running AMD. It's one thing to publish an open standard; it's completely another to tell your rival that in order for you to support your closed standard that they have to divulge the inner workings of their product's secret sauce. For a real-world version of this look no further than what US based companies that want to do business in China have to do.

So, lets see, it's ok for Nvidia to pay developers to pretty much gimp AMD cards by using their "The way was meant to be played" program.
Or telling them that they need to submit their own drivers to Nvidia for approval, so they could use Physx.
Or better yet, disabling Physx on your system if it detects an AMD card, even though there is a Nvidia card.

I would say, Nvidia started this and now AMD has a chance to give them a taste of their medicine.

BTW, nvidia didn't lose the XBOX contract because of OpenGL. They lost it because someone at nvidia had a big mouth and blabbed to the press about how they had the XBOX contract while they were under NDA. Microsoft got pissed and awarded the contract to ATI instead. :D

That's not true either. Leaks don't change massive engineering efforts. Maybe they'll keep it in mind next time around but it is by no means a deciding factor. Business conditions dictate that. The way the chips were sold vs. produced is what changed the vendor.

Kinda reverse from how AMD supported OpenCL and nVidia had to force Physx on everybody.

it's CUDA, and nvidia didnt force it on anyone, they pretty much invented the market and needed a program to run their hardware, which is why everyone uses it, because it was first and faster than opencl.

Back