AMD vs Nvidia with Crysis 2 direct x 11 patch

Strange dip at 1920x1200 extreme quality. That's a 30% hit vs 20% at the other two tested resolutions.

Ultra quality only takes a 3-5% hit.

I smell a beta driver update coming soon with "up to 10% performance improvement in Crysis 2 DX11". :p

the difference is pretty impressive imo. youtube/pictures only do so much to show it off.

if you've got the system to run it you should check it out. my 570's in sli get about 60fps avg at 1920x1080

I have been holding back from beating the game, it looks pretty good with dx11 and high res texture pack.

Crysis 1 is clearly still the superior game engine, so no I will be still "does it run crysis"

As for DX11, don't know why they bothered, total "meh"

This is the only one I could find with a gtx580. AMD cards are being reviewed tomorrow, at the same site
I checked back a few times and am I just missing where the AMD results are? There doesn't seem to be a separate post with it and the original link still only has Nvidia results.

I still don't see any AMD vs nvidia benches with the patch applied. Where is it?

Maybe a performance problem with the AMD driver? I could see holding off for a few days if a new hotfix or beta driver is promised. There would be no point to running bad benchmarks if a fix is available shortly... if that turns out to be the problem.

I doubt they would fail to publish just because AMD turned out to be slower.

I found something better.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/...S/Crysis-2-v-rezhime-DirectX-11-test-GPU.html

img.php

I guess everyone missed Nvidia's TWIMTBP advert when the Crysis 2 starts. Clearly, it has optimizations for Nvidia cards.

I just beat Crysis 2 on SLI 470's last night and it ran beautifully with all settings maxed. It never slowed throughout the duration of the game. My other system with a single 570 and q9550 at 4.2 does great with it too.

I guess everyone missed Nvidia's TWIMTBP advert when the Crysis 2 starts. Clearly, it has optimizations for Nvidia cards.

Or maybe some architectures are just better suited to certain techniques. Astonishing stuff, I know.

Back