amd vs nv why all the hate?!

LOL @ the privacy concerns from people checking in and posting themselves eating at various restaurants and clubs.

Oh, and Cyrix made the best CPUs!

LOL @ the privacy concerns from people checking in and posting themselves eating at various restaurants and clubs.

Oh, and Cyrix made the best CPUs!
People knowhing what you eat or a single club you might visit is a voluntary thing and data constantly transmitted back without your approval is vastly different.
How did you get to the conclusion that they are at all similar?

People knowhing what you eat or a single club you might visit is a voluntary thing and data constantly transmitted back without your approval is vastly different.
How did you get to the conclusion that they are at all similar?

It's just my opinion and I'm entitled to it just like you are yours. We are all monitored today and unless you live out in the country and are off the grid it's best just to admit it, face it, and move on.

yup no tracking = no cell, no computer, zero modern tech, pre '90s vehicle and subsistence living in the country/woods/mountains. and even then youre not safe from those damn satellites!

It's just my opinion and I'm entitled to it just like you are yours. We are all monitored today and unless you live out in the country and are off the grid it's best just to admit it, face it, and move on.
I can accept being monitored but not without approval and not for my drivers. GFE is enough already.

Then NV definitely knows I play WoW almost every day and are laughing at me for being so nerdy. ;)
I mean if thats all they collect, which you cannot say if it is or isnt. Thats the issue.
They could have come out and asked the user to opt in and tell them what they will be transmitting etc etc.
No they hide it deep in the EULA they know no ones reading through.
When apps need to transmit data about me on my phone they fucking ask me for permission.

Lots of people computer hardware/gaming is their main hobby. They feel knowledgeable on subject and put effort into making best choices. AMD and NVIDIA sell competing products. Pretty much everyone needs a GPU so they look at options and decide which is best. Someone else in same situation reaches different conclusion yet both feel they're right and defend their choice. Think about any hobby you've ever had, people start arguing about differences that 99.9% of people wouldn't give a shit about. Add that people are less amicable on the Internet and there you go.

I personally think your money is your money and you can spend it how you want.

My meh against amd had mostly been its defenders who stubbornly defend its mediocrity. Mostly those quick to ignore the years of decline while pointing at Nvidia and trying to cherry pick small things in hopes that make them look better.

Example. 12 months ago ish (could be more or less) ashes dx12 came out and people were like "see we told you to go wait. Now Nvidia gonna fail and amd will show you how superior it is"

12 months later Nvidia is still winning in over 60-70% of test.

I dont think amd is an awful option. But I will admit with the turnaround that some of us have on our equipment I wonder if longevity even matters when a good percentage of us can easily just flip our spare hardware and buy the competitor fairly easily. (not all of us, but this forum does have some pretty stable middle and high income people with expendable income) . People say, AMD builds for the future, and not just for now. You'll see that AMD cards will be better (but the current Nvidia cards that are release then also will be just as fast). Also the 1~2 gen old Nvidia's aren't actually that bad right now, when's this big waiting revolution suppose to happen?

Ultimately though I've had great gaming experiences with both companies cards, and also spectacular meh's with both. If AMD releases a product that hits more win points over nvidia, I would jump ship without hesitation. Unfortunately right now they aren't that great on the pro/cons chart.

Last edited:
I have no idea who this guy is but I was kinda feeling sad for him

What is even worse there follow up videos :)

I have no idea who this guy is but I was kinda feeling sad for him

What is even worse there follow up videos :)

Did you actually listen to that video? I don't feel sad for the guy lol, I feel like he needs to stop wearing a thong cause its riding up lol.

The first half of the video, he is talking about pricing of the titan product line, sorry but there was no enthusiast class products in Fermi, that is why Fermi's top end was 599, then you add in AMD's inability to compete in the enthusiast segment ever now and then, Titan's prices are justified. The second half of the video. Talking about the r290, well sorry but crypto mining didn't cause the shortage of AMD cards, if it did, that would have shown up in their marketshare figures, and guess what the r290x was the start of the marketshare loss for AMD, so it wasn't that the cards were being bought up, AMD just wasn't able to supply even a medicore amount of cards to keep any consumer of that product happy.

Lets look at his rant on founder's edition. I think the FE's were a flop, don't you? It got considerable bad press, to the point they dropped the FE's for the 1060 and 1050.

Yeah for a guy that says he has been doing reviews and such for a long time, sounds to me someone got his bridge burned or something else, his panties are in a bunch and can't seem to figure out why they are.

Reactions: Elios
like this
Back