AMD videocard rumor mill is taking off again.

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Yes guys and gals it's time for the AMD rumor mill to take off again! First up we have some ridiculous information on a $10,000 Vega 10 based card with an more fully integrated 1TB of memory on it. Yes, it comes from WCCFTECH, but that's cool as most of us couldn't afford it or the system it's designed to run in. ;)

AMD Prepping $10,000 Vega 10 powered “Dracarys” Graphics Card With 1TB+ Of Memory.
AMD Prepping $10,000 Vega 10 powered "Dracarys" Graphics Card With 1TB+ Of Memory

AMD Dracarys
Graphics Card Dracarys
GPU Vega 10
Process 14nm
Performance (FP16) 20+ TFLOPS
Memory 1TB+
Bandwidth Plenty
TDP It breaths fire, what do you think?
Launch 2H 2017
(Initial) Price $10,000

Here is a quote from the article that I found interesting. More stuff in the article.

However, the storage solution in Dracarys is far more integrated and a lot “closer to the metal” so to speak compared to the Radeon Pro SSG. Which is more like a graphics card and a PCIe SSD integrated into one expansion card. Where there are a few hoops that have to be jumped over for the Fiji GPU to access all of the available storage space on the SSD, rather than having it as a direct pool of memory. In that respect alone, the new Vega 10 powered Dracarys board is very different. Another key difference is the new 20+ FP16 teraflops VEGA 10 graphics engine which has more than double the graphics horsepower of Fiji In the Radeon Pro SSG. Suffice to say, Dracarys is dramatically more potent.

Next rumor comes from Videocardz and to me it seems more like a mobile thing than a desktop part. But one of the parts does make sense for the desktop. Anyways here is the rumors on the 470D videocards.

AMD to launch Radeon RX 470 with 1792 Stream Processors?
AMD to launch Radeon RX 470 with 1792 Stream Processors? | VideoCardz.com

AMD Radeon RX 470 SE with 1536 Stream Processors?

AMD Radeon RX 465 performance?

So it seems that we have potentially 3 new desktop cards coming from AMD for the low end.

First of all Radeon RX 470D is not an official name. The RX 470D first appeared at XFX website, which already hosts new model based on RX 470D. Thanks to this website we have a very rough idea of what to expect from this model.

XFX website has the following quote:

Brand new Polaris graphics Radeon RX470D non-public version, take you into the VR new horizons!

Have fun discussing. :) Oh teaser. More stuff in the article.

AMD-Radeon-RX-470D-3DMark-FS-900x425.png

AMD-Radeon-RX-470D-3DMark-TS-900x425.png

How many SKUs does one company need between the $100 and $250 segment? Just why?

How many SKUs does one company need between the $100 and $250 segment? Just why?

I'm thinking that a lot of the leaks are for Mobile parts in the new MACs. But I agree with you 100%. On the other hand it's just defective chips that have been neutered via the bios. Should be really easy to unlock some to full chips.

Or dumping the high power version chips to allow the higher skews the lower power ones ;). These could be for OEM builds only.

It's too early for consumer Vega, perhaps that rumour from wccf about that $10k card is coming to fruition?

Not to sure the poster said that new cards make it into drivers well ahead of release sometimes by 3 months even.

WCCFTech makes up BS and has no sources.

This looks like some sort of FirePro-ish card.

Yes, a video production card like the previously unveiled SSG card. The SSG was a really high priced card also. This one seems like the SSG but on steroids with better integration of the flash memory.

There is a rumor that Lisa Su is revealing the new AMD 2017 lineup as a PREVIEW in November. Thus the card Pieter3dnow discussed showing up in drivers makes sense. I mean someone has to have drivers to test the thing. As seen with other AMD releases, they send samples around for testing.

Now watch someone take my PREVIEW rumor statement and run with it like a known fact. :)

This one seems like the SSG but on steroids with better integration of the flash memory.
I could see several interesting variations of that technology. SSDs or SODIMMs depending on capacity and bandwidth demands. Those configurations could be interesting even for future desktop GPUs.

Yes guys and gals it's time for the AMD rumor mill to take off again! First up we have some ridiculous information on a $10,000 Vega 10 based card with an more fully integrated 1TB of memory on it. Yes, it comes from WCCFTECH, but that's cool as most of us couldn't afford it or the system it's designed to run in. ;)

AMD Prepping $10,000 Vega 10 powered “Dracarys” Graphics Card With 1TB+ Of Memory.
AMD Prepping $10,000 Vega 10 powered "Dracarys" Graphics Card With 1TB+ Of Memory

AMD Dracarys
Graphics Card Dracarys
GPU Vega 10
Process 14nm
Performance (FP16) 20+ TFLOPS
Memory 1TB+
Bandwidth Plenty
TDP It breaths fire, what do you think?
Launch 2H 2017
(Initial) Price $10,000

Here is a quote from the article that I found interesting. More stuff in the article.

However, the storage solution in Dracarys is far more integrated and a lot “closer to the metal” so to speak compared to the Radeon Pro SSG. Which is more like a graphics card and a PCIe SSD integrated into one expansion card. Where there are a few hoops that have to be jumped over for the Fiji GPU to access all of the available storage space on the SSD, rather than having it as a direct pool of memory. In that respect alone, the new Vega 10 powered Dracarys board is very different. Another key difference is the new 20+ FP16 teraflops VEGA 10 graphics engine which has more than double the graphics horsepower of Fiji In the Radeon Pro SSG. Suffice to say, Dracarys is dramatically more potent.

AMD vision of whole scene rendering vice just screen space (camera) rendering with that kind of memory onboard I see could be true. Basically each 3d object lighting per area is raytraced and data saved - all lighting more physically based, sounds could also be incorporated. Other programs acting inside of programs add shadows to moving items etc. from screen space or camera view for client. This to me is more a server to client solution with some very heavy processing on the client. Then again it can just be used for handling some very serious financial data, weather system prediction, government surveillance data for anit-terrorism etc. Maybe AMD just reaches too far into the future. Still the fp performance is an eye opener if true. I am sure Nvidia is shaking in their boots - ;)

Back