AMD Vega Memory Architecture Q&A

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Even though AMD will not allow HardOCP at its tech events anymore, we will still try our best to give you the scoop here on the news page. TechARP has a video interview with Jeffrey Cheng, the AMD "Memory Architecture Person."

In the meantime, we have more details on AMD Vega from our coverage of the AMD Tech Summit. In this article, we will share with you our Q&A session with AMD Senior Fellow Jeffrey Cheng on his area of expertise – the AMD Vega memory architecture. Check it out!

images

I really want to back AMD, (root for the underdog/competition is good) but every time this comes up it reminds me what children they act like.

Still, rooting for it to be good / them to keep going.

I really want to back AMD, (root for the underdog/competition is good) but every time this comes up it reminds me what children they act like.

Still, rooting for it to be good / them to keep going.
We need more competition for sure on both the CPU and GPU side. I am very much rooting for them to pull some good shit off here in the next few months.

Why in God's name would AMD single out and block HardOCP for giving honest opinions and reviews. If it's good, you will sing their praise (9800 Pro), if it sucks, we're going to know it.. Are they that scared? Sort of pisses me off.

I guess it's an interesting discussion (the video) but... screw that, i don't care, i just want benchmarks. Throw it up against a 1080 and titan and see where it's at.

I thought AMD had indicated you would get review samples?
That is what they told me.

At the end of the day, we are going to review the hardware with AMD or without AMD, just the same as we have done in the past. All we need is a card and the driver when it all comes down to it.

The indignant outrage expressed here is hilarious. Given [H]'s front page treatment of AMD over the past few years, you can hardly blame them for not wanting to hand out the rope they'll inevitably be hanged with.

The indignant outrage expressed here is hilarious. Given [H]'s front page treatment of AMD over the past few years, you can hardly blame them for not wanting to hand out the rope they'll inevitably be hanged with.

If you want someone to coddle your balls while shoveling bullshit down your throat you should probably find someplace else to get your hardware news from.

Why isn't [H] allowed at their events? Was it the Fury X thing they blew way out of proportion because you reported the truth?
Dunno. I had a very good phone conversation with AMD last week expressing that it wanted to get everything "back to the way it was," so that is encouraging. Now whether or not that happens, I am not sure. But there did seem to be an olive branch extended.

I think it all comes down to Roy Taylor having a hardon for me. Many years ago, I had lunch with him when he was working for NVIDIA. This was right after AMD bought ATI. He made two statements at that lunch, and I forget who all we were with, and I called bullshit on them. I think he has held a grudge for that all these years. FWIW, I was right and he was wrong. :)

"Even though AMD will not allow HardOCP at its tech events anymore"

FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!

That means it is gona suck!

Sorry, I'm on team Red, so this is bad news!

Someone at AMD (and probably a few fan boys) needs some thicker skin or the realization that facts don't lie.

I remember talking to this jeffery chang guy on the phone when i sent back a Athlon 64, FX63 chip because i wanted revision B when reports came in that it would overclock 200-400mhz more than revision A
He did say he was at AMD long tiime
i wonder if this will happen with Rysen

Well that's a first... AMD wanting an honest non baised review, but that's a good thing. Can't wait for you guys to put the new hardware through the paces.

whats up with the guy banging a 2 liter ??

I like how the guy next to chang with the slob t-shirt on gets up to grab a soda and comes back next to chang and cracks it open like a beer. Then sips and slurps on the soda while chang is talking. They are real professionals in the making

I like how the guy next to chang with the slob t-shirt on gets up to grab a soda and comes back next to chang and cracks it open like a beer. Then sips and slurps on the soda while chang is talking. They are real professionals in the making

I clicked through the entire video and missed this. Time stamp for entertainment?

whats up with the guy banging a 2 liter ??

Probably someone from 'Technical Marketing' that's there to ensure they aren't making incorrect statements. Notice how Chang turns to him for inflection and marketing clarification.

Could also be that Chang's first language isn't English and he's there to make sure that what he's stating is accurate. Which is probably more likely as nobody in marketing looks that skeezy facing the public.

Unfortunately, based on the questions Cheng was asking the guy, I think he is Cheng's boss.

no

Rewatch the video cheng is the lead engineer who has worked with AMD for the last 15 years. They are interviewing him not the kid next to Cheng
rofl

Probably someone from 'Technical Marketing' that's there to ensure they aren't making incorrect statements. Notice how Chang turns to him for inflection and marketing clarification.

Could also be that Chang's first language isn't English and he's there to make sure that what he's stating is accurate. Which is probably more likely as nobody in marketing looks that skeezy facing the public.

he spoke clear english

As do you yet clearly you are misunderstanding my conjecture :geek:

Its clear you wrote
"Could also be that Chang's first language isn't English and he's there to make sure that what he's stating is accurate. Which is probably more likely as nobody in marketing looks that skeezy facing the public".

You clearly stated that english is not Changs first language:punch: i like emoji too

try again

Ouch, way to insult [H].

Cnn and press conferences
I find it very surprising that Rysen will be around 90watt TDP vs broadwell-e 140watt
what is the secret , could this be fake news?
Something fishy here when both are on 14nm die

I find it very surprising that Rysen will be around 90watt TDP vs broadwell-e 140watt
what is the secret , could this be fake news?
Something fishy here when both are on 14nm die

Only time will tell.

Back