AMD using Nvidia GPUs in their Gamescom rigs

Even AMD can't get stock of their own cards!
assad chortle.jpg

More images here

Gif of a GTX 1080 in the VEGA section.

I also have videos of PCs in the VEGA section running GTX 1080s and a 1050ti. And I have a video showing a VEGA running a Gsync monitor as well.

Also they have PCs at their booth running Fallout 4 VR, but the PCs are running Intel CPUs and Nvidia GPUs, also have that on video.

Internet sucks here at the moment but I'll work on getting those videos out so everyone can see for themselves.

Not really sure what the big deal is, amd still use intel cpu's in some of their bench-marking runs. You can see the info at the end of presentations and vids like here:

NPCDkrs.jpg

Not really sure what the big deal is, amd still use intel cpu's in some of their bench-marking runs. You can see the info at the end of presentations and vids like here:

NPCDkrs.jpg

The difference is that I believe in this circumstance they are showing a visual representation of AMD performance on a display that is actually Nvidia if I'm gathering it correctly?

The difference is that I believe in this circumstance they are showing a visual representation of AMD performance on a display that is actually Nvidia if I'm gathering it correctly?

Might be a cpu benchmark thats running on the machine, they don't show that part.

They use Intel CPUs to demo Vega, and Nvidia GPUs to demo Ryzen. Now that both are on the market and their Gamescom booth is Ryzen+Radeon, that's not an excuse anymore.

Also if the reddit OP has proof of their VR rig running Intel+Nvidia, there's no way to justify that either.

most of the time these setups are done by a 3rd party company before AMD reps gets there so they probably just sent retail hardware there instead of shipping their own stock.. but it's really not that uncommon with AMD, for years they were using intel processors and boards instead of FX chips and even phenom II chips in their demo rigs.

If they were that concerned, they'd (AMD) not have see through sides, if they are AMD's boxes to begin with.

There's either a legitimate reason, a silly reason, or someone messed up son!

But probably not a big deal to them.

Either way, still laughing and I'm definitely an AMD fan!

Reactions: N4CR
like this
I don't even know what to say. I've depleted my storage of jokes and puns on vega and the whole situation. Pathetic.

Maybe AMD really needs Nvidia more a partner than a fierce competitor. Most folks will probably put Nvidia cards in their RyZen/Threadripper builds so at least AMD is not clueless in what the majority of the folks want. Really it is up to RTG to make a compelling product, either by price/performance - Top performance or useful used features etc. I have a RyZen build and a Nvidia 1080Ti - very satisfied at this point. Wait I also have another RyZen build with one 1070 :LOL:. Best if AMD gives Nvidia the gold carpet treatment at this point in time is my thoughts.

As for RTG, get the rest of Vega cards out there in quantities and lowest price possible but more importantly make Navi competitive, sooner then later.

Stores in the uk and europe have them in stock, and have done consistently since about 2 days after launch, so finding that a bit hard to believe theres some random "shortage" thats actually affecting amd demo's.

This is hilarious, lol. Maybe they didn't want to use the bundle since it comes with a crappy free sync monitor.

According to people from /r/amd who are at gamescon, the AMD reps said "There's a VEGA shortage and we don't have any".
I was only joking but it's actually real? Can they fuck up any worse... holy crap.

RTG marketing needs a purge.

That is a embarrassment. I am sorry there is no excuse for AMD to be using a competitor product in their marketing machines. I would be firing people for this. I rather not show up at the trade show if I am not able to source my own product. I don't even understand how that is possible shortage or not.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Half truths and down right lies.. Some of you amaze me, AMD using GLASS windows, see through, do you get it?
They sure wasn't trying to hide anything!

if they were going to do that you'd think they would at least be smart enough not to use a case with a windowed side panel...

Back