AMD Ultimate Tech Upgrade to replace Intel Extreme Tech Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

erek

[H]F Junkie
Intel backs out of LTT sponsored content of its own namesake

“LTT has never revealed how much did Intel pay for the content, but the with the upgrade budget alone it accumulated $120K, that’s not including the sponsorship deal and the ad revenue.

You can watch all Intel Extreme Update videos here.”

1676142598673.jpeg

Source: https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-ult...tech-upgrade-at-linustechtips-youtube-channel

Most likely because Intel is cutting costs across the board, which includes unnecessary sponsorships.

I honestly don't get how this is newsworthy news. Almost as bad as a thread about other threads IMO.
Who cares about LTT's sponsorship?
I do. And I still watch LMG's videos to this day because it's decent content and quite informative.

But because his voice is high-pitched and he's successful, we're all supposed to hate him.

Linus is a cringey manchild that's been out of touch with reality for years, could care less about what he does.
His channel/company is by far the most monetarily successful of all the techtubers. Even if we don't necessarily like him, I don't think he should be ignored or dismissed.

*If anything, its Intel whom is out of touch. This seems like a really stupid way for them to pinch some pennies. However, outreach like this, to Intel fans and potential Intel fans, should always be green lit. It was probably a no-brainer for AMD to jump in, on this. I mean, to instantly create a content connection with the largest Techtuber, while highlighting the absence of your competition.

Last edited:
His channel/company is by far the most monetarily successful of all the techtubers. Even if we don't necessarily like him, I don't think he should be ignored or dismissed.

The only thing keeping his company together is shilling bad products and his employees, which he definitely doesn't deserve.

He's trashed his employees numerous times, live on air, in front of millions of people. He's also done the same to his fans and is completely unapologetic about it, even when people call him out on it. He's completely out of touch with reality, and his fame and money have corrupted him to the core. He's a terrible person and doesn't deserve any of what he has. I also suspect his wife isn't far behind him, or has him whipped; Because the few times I've seen her mentioned, some not nice things were said about her as well.

Linus being rich doesn't mean he isn't morally bankrupt. I love watching his employees do things, they're a whole lot smarter, knowledgeable and down to earth than he ever was or will be. Personal wealth isn't something you should measure credibility by.

The only thing keeping his company together is shilling bad products and his employees, which he definitely doesn't deserve.

He's trashed his employees numerous times, live on air, in front of millions of people. He's also done the same to his fans and is completely unapologetic about it, even when people call him out on it. He's completely out of touch with reality, and his fame and money have corrupted him to the core. He's a terrible person and doesn't deserve any of what he has. I also suspect his wife isn't far behind him, or has him whipped; Because the few times I've seen her mentioned, some not nice things were said about her as well.

Linus being rich doesn't mean he isn't morally bankrupt. I love watching his employees do things, they're a whole lot smarter, knowledgeable and down to earth than he ever was or will be. Personal wealth isn't something you should measure credibility by.
I didn't say anything about 'personal wealth'.

Generally, the monetary success of a channel is tied to viewership/size of fanbase (not just revenue generated by views. But, brands in the industry willing to do content with LTT). Which makes them important, whether you like them or not. And whether their content is correct or not. and on the face of things: LTT is the biggest techtuber brand.

I would enjoy some examples of him trashing his employees and especially his wife. I haven't come remotely close to watching a lot of LTT videos. However, from what I have seen, he basically credits the existence and then current level of success of LTT, to his wife. As she supported him when LTT was far from being a sufficient source of revenue. And also encouraged him to take certain risks with the brand, resulting in big growth. And also encouraged him at times when he felt like quitting.

That said: whether or not Linus is morally bankrupt or not, seems at this point to be mutually exclusive to the success/failure of the LTT brand. I'm all for revealing Linus. But....I don't think it has anything to do with the importance of the OP.

Last edited:
Generally, the monetary success of a channel is tied to viewership/size of fanbase (not just revenue generated by views. But, brands in the industry willing to do content with LTT). Which makes them important, whether you like them or not. And whether their content is correct or not.

So according to your statement; Misleading, deceptive and dangerous YT channels that have millions of views and equally dubious sponsorships are equally as important as Linus, whether you like it or not.

You're free to believe in crazy, doesn't make it important or relevant. I also wouldn't call jerky, shavers, VPNs or other crap he advertises as being at all relevant to "the industry" he's supposedly a part of, but not really.

I would enjoy some examples of him trashing his employees and especially his wife. I haven't come remotely close to watching a lot of LTT videos. However, from what I have seen, he basically credits the existence and then current level of success of LTT, to his wife.

That said: whether or not Linus is morally bankrupt or not, seems at this point to be mutually exclusive to the success/failure of the LTT brand. I'm all for revealing Linus. But....I don't think it has anything to do with the importance of the OP.

You have just as much access to the internet as anyone else, you can freely find that information. I'm not going to subject myself to watching him again being a terrible person to sate your curiosity.

Here's one I had bookmarked from recently though, only because it's part of a GN video. jsX3tUA-wJk?t=656

So according to your statement; Misleading, deceptive and dangerous YT channels that have millions of views and equally dubious sponsorships are equally as important as Linus, whether you like it or not.
This isn't in good faith and you know it.
Also, asking for receipts and then you tell me "oh well is out there, feel free to look". Also isn't constructive.

and your one example isn't even a complete URL. LMFAO. And then.....that's a nearly 30 minute video. I'm not doing a research project here. I asked for some (targeted) examples.

I admit that my angle on this may not be well thought out. But.....your response is really strange.

Last edited:

You're free to believe in crazy, doesn't make it important or relevant. I also wouldn't call jerky, shavers, VPNs or other crap he advertises as being at all relevant to "the industry" he's supposedly a part of, but not really.

You have just as much access to the internet as anyone else, you can freely find that information. I'm not going to subject myself to watching him again being a terrible person to sate your curiosity.

Here's one I had bookmarked from recently though, only because it's part of a GN video. jsX3tUA-wJk?t=656

I'm pretty sure he treats his employees well, as I have not heard any past employees speak out about him or the work environment. Then again, I'm not actively looking for it. And his big name staff have stayed on for years, so if all else he probably pays them well.

Most of Linus's hate comes from the fact that 1. He's popular and 2. Disliking popular things makes people feel superior to them.

Most people who spout hate towards LMG are really just jealous they aren't as successful as he is, and take his success as an unflattering appraisal of their own skill in the field. Just how every kiosk locksmith thinks 'lockpickinglawyer' is a fraud, and how countless armchair experts think Karl Jobst is a hack.

Being a critic is easy. Being loud is easy.

This isn't in good faith and you know it.
Also, asking for receipts and then you tell me "oh well is out there, feel free to look". Also isn't constructive.

Good faith? Sorry, you don't get to move the goalpost around when someone points out the flaw in your argument. THAT is the definition of bad faith.

It's not asking you to research the fine nuances of the history of the British Empire. Linus's controversy is quite literally all over the internet. Input "LTT controversy" in any search engine and you'll immediately get results.

and your one example isn't even a complete URL. LMFAO. And then.....that's a nearly 30 minute video. I'm not doing a research project here. I asked for some (targeted) examples.

It's a YT link, with a timestamp of the relevant information (which is what "t=656" is). No idea why the forum butchered it. It would have taken you to the exact point in that video so you didn't have to search. Or, you could have looked at the timestamps GN puts in every video to easily find what you want to see.

First you say you want evidence, now you complain said evidence is too long and you can't be bothered. What exactly do you want? I'm not here to feed you bite sized information with a silver spoon on a silver plate.

I'm pretty sure he treats his employees well, as I have not heard any past employees speak out about him or the work environment. Then again, I'm not actively looking for it. And his big name staff have stayed on for years, so if all else he probably pays them well.

Luke has quite literally called Linus out on his crap, live on their podcasts. Look up the backpack scandal. Here's the above video again.

And people working for an employer for years doesn't equate to loyalty or that they like their employer. Billions of people have jobs they hate for employers they hate, but continue to do it for a myriad of reasons, some including no better options or they need the specific wages they get.

Most people who spout hate towards LMG are really just jealous they aren't as successful as he is,

Being a critic is easy. Being loud is easy.

Hahahahaha, you think I criticize Linus because I envy his success? That's the dumbest thing I've heard in awhile.

Yeah, we all envy his great unique skill to him - dropping $10,000 processors on the concrete and destroying them, everyone totally needs that skill. Especially the guys in NOCs building servers, that's a skill they especially need.

None of that is even remotely true.

I stopped watching those upgrade videos because I realized that it was only going to his employees.
It sucked all the life out of that series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back