AMD Tech Tour Bundles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roujin said:
I was going to do the exact same thing. Sell the original board and buy a K8WE but now looks like this one's a keeper. Hope you future attendees that preordered get the same board I got. I'm crossing my fingers for you guys!

that makes me regret not preordering earlier even more! :(
 
Sir-Fragalot said:
I went with the K8WE because it had two x16 PCI-E sockets and fully supported SLi.


Well there certainly is that aspect...but my primary reason was the fact I couldn't live with just 4 USB ports.

Of course, they do seem to run about the same retail price...so I don't know why anyone, barring a rackmount user, would want that system instead of a K8WE.
 
My friend wond the ATI AIW x600 pro,... I got him to go to the show for the chance to buy the bundle but he was all bored and sullen till he won that video card,... then he would stfu for the whole ride home. But i got my bundle and i'm happy. And the food was actually pretty good all things considered.

It was interesting to hear about the architecture differences between AMD dual cores and brand I(ntel)
 
Yay, I just ordered a desktop bundle!

I already ordered a 3700+ San Diego when I found out that the bundles were out of stock, so I guess these parts will go towards building my girlfriend a rig.
 
Did they say anything about shipping the combos at the Houston show ? I see now the combo is back in stock and I wonder if they will allow people to order the bundle that went to one of the shows while they were out of stock?
 
I ordered a desktop bundle today. No problems.

You need to click the link from an older email that AMD sent to you.

There are currently no server bundles available.

I'm going to Sunnyvale next week.

Anyone want to talk folding with me next week in Sunnyvale?
 
IBMGEEK said:
Did they say anything about shipping the combos at the Houston show ? I see now the combo is back in stock and I wonder if they will allow people to order the bundle that went to one of the shows while they were out of stock?

Yes I believe Houston is elegible for the bundles. You need to have actually attended the show however.
 
IBMGEEK said:
Did they say anything about shipping the combos at the Houston show ? I see now the combo is back in stock and I wonder if they will allow people to order the bundle that went to one of the shows while they were out of stock?

they said that if you attended and didn't order a bundle they'd be sending out an email around july 1st with a code that should let you order them.
 
Okay, so I ordered the desktop bundle... for my brother. Now where's the server bundle for me? :mad:
 
I feel cheated that now the tech tour is offering a new motherboard which PCI-E....anyways I have a server combo which I would like to get off my hands as the costs are a bit too much for me.
 
selizo said:
I feel cheated that now the tech tour is offering a new motherboard which PCI-E....anyways I have a server combo which I would like to get off my hands as the costs are a bit too much for me.


if your not trying to make a killing PM me


thanx
 
ordered my desktop bundle, x-ing my fingers for the server bundle. My GF might come along, so I might be able to get an extra bundle for someone... I won't know till later though.
 
Glad, they have more desktop bundles in stock, I didn't wait on pre-ordering it this time :) I really need a new computer :eek:
 
drizzt81 said:
ordered my desktop bundle, x-ing my fingers for the server bundle. My GF might come along, so I might be able to get an extra bundle for someone... I won't know till later though.


put me down if she goes.

thanx
 
hey i used my mom's credit card to order and accidently put her name under both cardholder name and billing address... i have a driver's license but the problem is would i be able to pickup my bundle? i already ordered it so i dotn want to waste my time and hopes... I also hear u get full refund if you don't pick it up which is pretty safe. Does anyone who already went to the tech tour know?
 
I believe they need both your license and your credit card to verify your order, so unless you take your mom with you or get a credit card, I don't think you'll be getting the bundle :(
 
viet-intel said:
hey i used my mom's credit card to order and accidently put her name under both cardholder name and billing address... i have a driver's license but the problem is would i be able to pickup my bundle? i already ordered it so i dotn want to waste my time and hopes... I also hear u get full refund if you don't pick it up which is pretty safe. Does anyone who already went to the tech tour know?

When you order the bundle with someone else's credit card, the bundle will be under the name thats on the credit card. All you have to do is have the person who's credit card you used, pickup the bundle during the show.
 
the way everyone is talking is that you've been able to post-pre-order bundles, but where are you guys paying for these things? maybe there's another website i'm not aware of, but i go to the website in the first post and i'm registered and everything but i see no hint of a purchase link. help :( i want one.
 
wow are you serious? my mom is not available that day... I also read in this thread that someone never showed their ID, but then again it IS under my mom's name. I swear if i don't get the bundle there goes a lot of money :(.

Anyway, my friend did say i AM the purchaser, while my mom is just a cardholder.
 
evilmonkey said:
the way everyone is talking is that you've been able to post-pre-order bundles, but where are you guys paying for these things? maybe there's another website i'm not aware of, but i go to the website in the first post and i'm registered and everything but i see no hint of a purchase link. help :( i want one.


They send you an email with the link
 
viet-intel said:
wow are you serious? my mom is not available that day... I also read in this thread that someone never showed their ID, but then again it IS under my mom's name. I swear if i don't get the bundle there goes a lot of money :(.

Anyway, my friend did say i AM the purchaser, while my mom is just a cardholder.

If it's under your mom's name and they won't let you have it, they just credit back your purchase.

Anyway - I'm going to try being a nice guy here. FCFS - I'm contemplating CANCELLING my server bundle order (still keeping order of desktop bundle for my friend), but before I do, I just want to know if anyone wants it. If so, I won't email AMD telling them to cancel it.

Remember, FCFS, PM if you really want it, and we will talk. By the way, I pick mine up on the 19th of July.
 
viet-intel said:
wow are you serious? my mom is not available that day... I also read in this thread that someone never showed their ID, but then again it IS under my mom's name. I swear if i don't get the bundle there goes a lot of money :(.

Anyway, my friend did say i AM the purchaser, while my mom is just a cardholder.

I did the same thing at first, and emailed them about it, it needs to be your credit card and your drivers liscense or they prolley won't let you pick up
 
Well tomorrow is the big day. Irvine here I come. I'm hoping that they are not out of stock for pick-up of these things. Was planning on leaving work early to make sure I would get there on time, but am thinking I will go ahead and work til around 3pm and then leave Riverside. Should still get there in time. Not planning on staying much later than when we can get our bundles, but hey, who knows I might if I think I could win something. Would be nice...
 
TheTMan, according to your post, you said i probably need to have my mom with me. Does that mean a possibility xD? What response did they really e-mail you back with? Probably is not such a great answer haha. My friends and I rather not have my mom lingering around us. That would definitely suck.
 
RonB said:
Well tomorrow is the big day. Irvine here I come. I'm hoping that they are not out of stock for pick-up of these things. Was planning on leaving work early to make sure I would get there on time, but am thinking I will go ahead and work til around 3pm and then leave Riverside. Should still get there in time. Not planning on staying much later than when we can get our bundles, but hey, who knows I might if I think I could win something. Would be nice...

looking forward to irvine as well. glad the desktop bundles came back just in time for us and hopefully we can order the server bundles at the show as well.
 
hey peterhoang2002, i read earlier that you are gonna go to the tech tour with 2 other people so you can pickup more bundles. since it is 2 days before mine, can you please contact me in this forum or another way on your successes of grabbing 3 bundles? I would very much appreciate it since i really don't want to bring my mom. also update me on how they distribute it onegai ^^.
 
I'm also going to the Irvine one. Do we really have to show up at 3PM or can we show up later like around 4? Also, is this like slacks and a button shirt casual or jeans and a T-shirt casual?
 
Roujin said:
I was at the Houston show yesterday. I got the desktop and server bundle. The Tyan server board that I recieved was a Thunder K8SE which has one PCIe x16 slot to my surprise!

If this ends up being the norm... if anyone out there that wanted the server combo for a "server-only" install would like to trade MB, K8SE for my K8SD, let me know (workstation/server use intended).
 
viet-intel said:
TheTMan, according to your post, you said i probably need to have my mom with me. Does that mean a possibility xD? What response did they really e-mail you back with? Probably is not such a great answer haha. My friends and I rather not have my mom lingering around us. That would definitely suck.

The email said that you couldn't do it, but the guys at the tech tour said that if you were picking up for some one else,... you could talk to them about it and maybe work something out.

Edit: They said it would be a problem, so I recharged it on my own personal credit card (I don't know if you have one) So I don't know if they would let you pick it up or not.
 
Sweet, looks like the deal is back on. Good thing I bought myself a nice mountain bike instead, or else I might be spending my summer hours inside, not a good combo when working in an office. Maybe I'll upgrade to a dual core later on when I have the dough.
 
TheTMan said:
Edit: They said it would be a problem, so I recharged it on my own personal credit card (I don't know if you have one) So I don't know if they would let you pick it up or not.

sigh...that is such bad news xD.

EDIT: nvm, i found the phone number...now for them to wake up :)
 
viet-intel, im going with my mom and dad. theyll be coming with me. I charged it to their credit card because im not eligible for one yet so im only picking up 2 desktop bundles there and hopefully they'll let me order another 2 server bundles.

im also going to the burbank one to pick up additional bundles as well. (thats the one your going to right?) hopefully theyll let me order 2 more for that show.
 
If you are going to the Irvine show tonight, please post your news when you get home. Specifically, news about the chance to purchase a server bundle.

Thanks!
 
If any one gets a K8SE and wants to upgrade to a K8WE I would be happy to purchase the K8SE for a reasonable price.

PM me if you have one.
 
Pocatello said:
If you are going to the Irvine show tonight, please post your news when you get home. Specifically, news about the chance to purchase a server bundle.

Thanks!

will do!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top