AMD Tech Tour Bundles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limit one purchase of each bundle per person.

So each person can have 1 desktop, and 1 server.

the more expensive bundle shouldve been an x2
and does any1 know if the server mobo supports ocing

I signed up but the 7 hour trip from Minneapolis, isn't going to allow me to make it. So I was wondering if anyone would want to ship me the cpu & MB for $200 and keep xp64 for themself?

IBMGEEK said:
I signed up but the 7 hour trip from Minneapolis, isn't going to allow me to make it. So I was wondering if anyone would want to ship me the cpu & MB for $200 and keep xp64 for themself?

I might be interested in doing that. I'm only buying the bundle so that I can get the 64 bit version of Windows. PM me and we'll work out the details. I'll be going to the Atlanta show BTW.

also if anyone in chicago wants to buy the non server bundle for me
i got a a64 3000 s754+ dfi s754 mobo + 256 mem+ 100 dollars

for just the venice+mobo

You have to present your CC when you pick up the bundle, so I'm not sure how one would pick a bundle up for another person.

Just out of curiosity, the link in the first post goes to silverpop.com (email marketing website) and the purchase link goes to another 3rd party. Not that I'm too concerned, the NJ show is in 7 weeks, and thats plenty of time to ease my mind.... Chicago goers, let us know!! :D

Anyways, the server mobo has the ultra SCSI 320 option???? Holy shiznidlyit! Thats like a $500 mobo instead of the $400 newegg one. I've registered with a throwaway email just in case its wrong, but its almost crossed the "Too good to be true" deal. Oh well, I'm just a skeptic If legit, Its time for a road-trip time to jersey. Is this the hilton at the Meadowlands? If so, nice place.

N/m My mind is at ease. The sunnyvale loc is a redirect from the amd.com site, so unless amd has a website problem, its good....

Bullitt said:
Just out of curiosity, the link in the first post goes to silverpop.com (email marketing website) and the purchase link goes to another 3rd party. Not that I'm too concerned, the NJ show is in 7 weeks, and thats plenty of time to ease my mind.... Chicago goers, let us know!! :D

Anyways, the server mobo has the ultra SCSI 320 option???? Holy shiznidlyit! Thats like a $500 mobo instead of the $400 newegg one. I've registered with a throwaway email just in case its wrong, but its almost crossed the "Too good to be true" deal. Oh well, I'm just a skeptic If legit, Its time for a road-trip time to jersey. Is this the hilton at the Meadowlands? If so, nice place.

N/m My mind is at ease. The sunnyvale loc is a redirect from the amd.com site, so unless amd has a website problem, its good....

ive been to many a tech tour, amd is great

if anyone is gonna go to this and not pick up a bundle...holler at me please
I am also from MN and dont NEED the windows64

Bundles are not for resale.

Yeah right! Just like all those MS CDs I got from the launches! :p

Has anyone been able to order the server bundle using a master card for the chicago event?

I keep getting this freaking "credit card number required". :(

spectrumbx said:
Has anyone been able to order the server bundle using a master card for the chicago event?

I keep getting this freaking "credit card number required". :(

I had the same problem buying the desktop bundle for the Vancouver event with Visa, spectrumbx. I wish I could tell you how I got it to go through, I tried it about 5 times before it worked. The time it did work properly, however, I did click through from the confirmation email, instead of from registration web form.

Good luck!

which bundles u getting? i am in miami, i remember the last one that came down, got the online deal bundle and a free ati 9600 aiw at the show for bringing guests, rock, almost won the Far cry tourni,, lost the last round cause my friend, also in the last round decided to work against me,, so we both lost... closest is tampa, but im sure they will add miami into it sometime later..id buy from someone in tampa show 1 of the bundles.... and pay to have it shipped to me... wink

if you can order more than 1, i would love 1 of each..... if not 2 opterons,,, the opteron is a better setup right? than the 939?

Thanks for the post!!! There's one coming that's at most 30 min away from me. I guess there are some perks to moving to New Jersey after all.

for those who are buying the server bundle, do you guys planning on replacing the mobo that it comes with? if so which one are you guys looking at? TIA

gah.... i want that server bundle... nothing within 10 hour drive of here though... damn...

I've read through pretty much every post but

Has anybody verified if its a Rev E Venice cpu in the desktop bundle?

I might consider attending if its a Rev E, but otherwise it's not as hot of a deal imho.

is this event for real?
its not on amd's homepage, and i cant for the life of me find out WHERE in atlanta its going to be.

have fun with your now-stolen credit cards ;)

I'll probably be picking up the server bundle, but I'm only after the chips (I plan on using the SLI Tyan). I can hold onto the board and disk for someone who can't make the show.

omega-x said:
is this event for real? its not on amd's homepage, and i cant for the life of me find out WHERE in atlanta its going to be. have fun with your now-stolen credit cards ;)

Check this link for all the specific addresses. And here's where it is in Atlanta June 16th. Atlanta Marriott Century Center, 2000 Century Boulevard NE. And here's their phone # 404-325-0000. Call them and ask if AMD is going to be there. :)

Socrilles17 said:
the more expensive bundle shouldve been an x2
and does any1 know if the server mobo supports ocing

Tyans usually don't overclock, I've had 4 Tyan boards, none of them have supported overclocking. Thought they are rock stable and have very few problems, Tyan also methodically updates the BIOS, one of the boards I had .. Tiger 100, had 10 BIOS releases from 7/98 - 10/01!

vbrtrmn said:
Tyans usually don't overclock, I've had 4 Tyan boards, none of them have supported overclocking. Thought they are rock stable and have very few problems, Tyan also methodically updates the BIOS, one of the boards I had .. Tiger 100, had 10 BIOS releases from 7/98 - 10/01!

Now THAT'S working to satisfy customers for the full life of the product!

Ive ordered the server bundle, and depending how long the preorder is gonna last, i might pick up the workstation too. I plan to sell the server mobo and OS ( ill be running *nix), and get a Tyan K8WE (sli board) for the 246s.

I know, i know, Not for resale. Yeah right, thats all i have to say

why... why... two of my friends are going to the ATL one and i... i'm gonna be on vacation!!! nooooooooooooooooooooo... o well, at least they'll have better computers for it. (replacing a dell 4300 and some sony vaio, icky).

the [H] should work out some sign for [H] members to recognize each other. especially since so many are coming to the ATL tour stop. peace out my [H] brothers.

theone said:
for those who are buying the server bundle, do you guys planning on replacing the mobo that it comes with? if so which one are you guys looking at? TIA

I'm going to give a friend of mine the A64 3200+ & mobo (I'm picking up the bundle since I want XP 64). he's going to give me $250 for a completely unrelated reason ;)

I'm getting the server bundle for myself, but I'm going to trade someone the mobo it comes with (for certain green sheets of paper), and pick up a Tyan K8WE.

So much for taking my Toshiba laptop to Quakecon...I've gotta sell it to build this damned system.

theone said:

NewEgg has an ASUS board:
ASUS K8N-DL Dual Socket 940 NVIDIA nForce4 Professional Extended ATX Server Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131059

Dual PCI-Express Possibilities:
(I'm not too up on PCI-Express stuff, forgive me if any of this is wrong or seems noobie, i'm a noob!)
TYAN S2892 Thunder K8SE
http://www.tyan.com/products/html/thunderk8se_spec.html
• One x16 PCI Express slot with x16 signal it can split into two x8 slot through riser card
• One x16 PCI Express slot with x4 signal

MSI K8D Master3-133FA4R
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=K8D_Master3-133FA4R&class=spd
• 2 PCI-X 66/100

In for the Chicago show. No Pro connection to tech field. Build, upgrade, and service systems for fun and profit. Connection dropdown menu on registration page has system builder as an option. Actually looking forward to talking to MS reps almost as much as the goodies giveaways, almost :rolleyes: .

Show info for Chicago show:
Date June 2nd
City Chicago, IL
Venue Sheraton Chicago NW
Phone 847-394-2000
Address 3400 W. Euclid Ave
Arlington Heights , IL 60005

Registration doesn't even start till 3PM. Plenty of time for "Computer Basics" class, and the 2 hour drive.

vbrtrmn said:
TYAN S2892 Thunder K8SE
http://www.tyan.com/products/html/thunderk8se_spec.html
• One x16 PCI Express slot with x16 signal it can split into two x8 slot through riser card
• One x16 PCI Express slot with x4 signal

Couple things on this board:
It costs about the same amount as the K8WE
It has 4 USB, where the K8WE has 8.
It has 2 gigabit + 10/100, where the K8WE has just dual gigabit.
It has no firewire, the K8WE does have firewire.
It has onboard video, the K8WE does not.
it lacks onboard audio, the K8WE has onboard audio (which most probably won't use)
The K8WE has 2 x16, instead of an x16 & x4.

You're better off getting the K8WE...
I just ordered mine.

Anybody going to the show in [H]town? I'll drive home that weekend and stay with the folks, which will make them happy - and buy the dually opteron, which will make me very happy.

Is there a listing of the event venues? I figure they'll probably do it at the George R. Brown, but who knows...

theone said:
i would consider the following boards:
Iwill DK8N
Iwill DK8EW (coming out any day now)
Tyan K8WE
Asus K8N-DL

Thanks for reply, keep us updated on what you techies plan on doing with the server bundle

Hell yea!! Signed up for the Dallas one... can't wait for dually opterons.

what sort of case would the server board fit in, and also, does anybody have a link to any gaming performance with the opteron 246?

Oh well, it still won't let me order. :(

I guess it wasn't meant for me to buy something I don't need. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back