AMD Tech Tour -- Anyone else going?

ArionIscariot

Weaksauce
I'm eyeing the Vancouver stop on the Tech Tour. I've never owned an AMD.. and this seems like a pretty good way to get in ;)

a64 3200+ (939) and an Asus mobo for $250.00 USD :)
or dual Opterons and a Tyan mobo for $500.00

With a Windows XP 64 bit and Windows Server 64 bit, respectively.

From what I've read there was a lot of free swag given away at the last one, too.

Here's a link to the registration page.

There's a thread in [H]otDeals about it.

So.. anyone else? :)

I was just looking at it, and my luck for any kind of tour whatsoever decided to kick back into play. Every single tour date that's within a 12 hour drive of my house takes place when I'm in London. Last time this happened was in '03, I believe, with the Iron Maiden Dance of Death tour. Whoo-hoo!

I already registered for the Chicago date.
Going with some guys at work and our department is paying for our Dual Opteron packages. W00t!

I wish I could go; $500 for the dual board looks like a heck of a deal. Too bad a) most of the locations are on the west coast and b) I have to work.

Oh, and all the tpyos are funny. "Frist name"? "Jull 21"? :rolleyes:

do you have to work for some type of company, or can regular geeky joe smo attend.

A similar question was asked in the [H]otDeals thread and the general reply from those who have been to AMD events in the past is that it's not important. No one'll check credentials or anything. :)

hmm... wish they had one closer to maryland. that server bundle looks amazing:eek:

i'd probably sell off the motherboard to buy one with AGP/PCI-E on it though. i'll have to check about going to the new jersey one...

i might go to the chicago one....and if I can get $500 by then ill be comin home with those optys.

This does look to be pretty killer. Guess I better get my boss on the horn and see if he'll sign me up for the Chicago one too. :D

oh i know this....i was just hoping that someone that was going didnt want the 64 bundle. In which case i would pay them so that they can prepay and pick up the bundle for me ;)

I'm registered for Chicago, cash isn't an issue, but work :( . I have a computer class that morning, after working 3rd trick. Not sure I'm up to the challenge, but it's less than a hundred miles, what could go wrong :rolleyes: . Gotta work on logistics in the next 24 and decide, if I can go, get both set-ups :D . Don't really need either, but dang good prices. Maybe pick up enough freebies to offset gas, and possible hotel stay.

so they dont check credintials, biut are you supposed to have them. also at 16 i dont exactly look like i work for anytype of company

my friends are going for the $250 combo's while i'm on vacation... o the irony..

BTW, ATL tour stop.

Alright, the show in Chicago is tomorrow afternoon. I'm gettin' in on the buffet action, and already pre-ordered the desktop pack. AMD tells me not to forget my free gift (Santa says gimme an X2 or a VLC), free, I don't forget. Trying to figure out if the server bundle is worth a darned as a folding rig. Gotta few hours to order one, but really don't need it, probly can't power it, don't know squat about WinServer 2003. Somebody help me from using the plastic again.

BakedON said:
I already registered for the Chicago date.
Going with some guys at work and our department is paying for our Dual Opteron packages. W00t!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! jealous of you! :p

Company pays AND you get to keep dual opterons, board and OS. + SWAG!

I have many, many, many - not so nice things to say about you! :eek:

Some guys get all the luck.
If you need someone to baby sit the opterons for a little while - (years) let me know. I have a nice warm case that's lonely right now. ;)

Seriously -

You Lucky DOG!

Leadman584 said:
Somebody help me from using the plastic again.

I'll let you hide it at my house! :D
And I'll even learn Win Server 2003 for you.
Who could ask for more.

rodsfree said:
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! jealous of you!

Company pays AND you get to keep dual opterons, board and OS. + SWAG!

I have many, many, many - not so nice things to say about you! :eek:

Some guys get all the luck.
If you need someone to baby sit the opterons for a little while - (years) let me know. I have a nice warm case that's lonely right now. ;)

Seriously -

You Lucky DOG!

if you think about it... with all the overtime they DON'T pay me for (salaried :rolleyes: ) I could have bought the thing several times over so it's not THAT big a deal....
But I'm glad to be seen as 'lucky' in someone's eyes. :)

Somebody bringing a [H]orde banner to the Chicago show? I',m gonna wear a case badge, very tacky, but we don't have T-Shirts to show off. Really looking forward to meeting a few folding brothers and sisters. Never been to this particular Sheraton, don't really know the layout, hope someone can designate a meeting place for [H]ardfolders.

Am planning to go myself to the East Brunswick seminar.

It means a half-day vacation, but what the hell. Worth the money, IMHO. One more 64-bit processor for the [H]oarde. It'll be my second. :D

The demos rocked! If you are going to one of these shows, don't be disappointed that the $250 package, only has an A64 3200+. It's a Venice core, ADA3200DAA4BP. The Q&A session is worth the effort of staying to the end. Don't forget to try out the Farrari laptop, Far Cry plays really well on that machine.

Take lots of business cards for the giveaway entries. I wish I'da sprung for the server set as well, great deal.

I just saw there's one of these things in East Brunswick... i'm like "Hey, I LIVE THERE!" So what exactly is it, and should I go? About 10 min drive from my house tops.

Should you go? I drove 3 hours, plus rush hour traffic in Chicago, and I'm glad I did. As for credentials, give you're real company name, address, and phone number. System builder is the relationship you give. This show pushed me over the edge, and I'm now working to get my state and federal tax numbers. I felt like and outsider, but everyone who pre-registered was treated to a great show, and a lot of useful information. You can not just show up, and expect to get either of the hardware packages. They must be pre-purchase. I saw a number of people refused a package, because they tried to pay onsite. Don't forget to fill out the questionaires, you get give-away entries for doing so. Have fun, I did.

Back