AMD Talks 2nd Gen Threadripper CPUs

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
If nothing else, AMD marketing gets kudos for stepping it up a level in the last couple of years.

Check out the video.

Key updates on the new 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper processor line-up, featuring four new processor models, available in 2018, all built on 12nm “Zen+” core architecture and tailored to the needs of creators and gamers.

Exciting stuff!

2950x: 4k live streaming at 75 fps without a dropped frame.

2990wx: 4900 cb points... on air.

keep in mind when they say on Air, that is using one of those massive Wraith Ripper heatsinks designed by cooler master. 14 some heatpipes lol.

Im personally going to wait for Zen 2, but going to a 2950x is pretty tempting. R7 1700 is fine for me for now.

Damn, even the cheaper alternative to Intel is becoming unaffordable for most.

Why do you NEED a threadripper cpu? Try getting a 4ghz 32 core cpu from intel for the same price point, it doesn't exist. Last gen threadrippers have dropped in price substantially as well so they are also an option. 2700x is a great little cpu which is what i currently have (sig needs updated)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=9SIAFWZ6Y63442

i would be weary of buying from him when he's ~300 cheaper than anyone else.

also from Europe

Bleepbox was established in 2009 by two Brothers in the UK. Since then we have expanded our product range to include some 30000 products, across a wide range of electronical goods. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer support, and super fast, reliable shipping to anywhere in the world.
yeah he.

unless it fell off a truck 300 dollars cheaper than anyone else is suspect.

$1,800 is a lot, but TR2 is also a helluva lot of computing power.... $28/thread is pretty reasonable, especially considering how many available cores you can get in a single package. And if that's not affordable enough, AMD has you covered all the way down to an all-in CPU price of around $100 with Ryzen 3.

Damn sight better production values on that than where they were a few years ago. I remember the Radeon one from a little while back which had all the production value of a youtube video made by your mother.

Why do you NEED a threadripper cpu? Try getting a 4ghz 32 core cpu from intel for the same price point, it doesn't exist. Last gen threadrippers have dropped in price substantially as well so they are also an option. 2700x is a great little cpu which is what i currently have (sig needs updated)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=9SIAFWZ6Y63442

My wife is using the 2700X, that CPU is a beautiful thing for what we paid for it.

7nm Threadripper will be a beast! Not sure will be able to counter that...

AHHHA you can't be serious.

AMD 2016: Sorry we have nothing.
Intel 2016: Here is a 10 core for $1700

AMD 2017: Here is a 16 core for $1k.
Intel 2017: Here is a 10 core for $1k

AMD 2018: Here is a 16 core for $900
Intel 2018: Piss off already.

AMD 2017: Here is a 16 core for $1k
Intel 2017: Here is a 10 core for $1k.
Intel 2017: Here is a 18 core for $2k.

AMD 2018: Here is a 16 core for $900.
AMD 2018: Here is a 32 core for $1800.
Intel 2018:
Loading2.gif

So many people buthurt about TR2 on this thread.

keep in mind when they say on Air, that is using one of those massive Wraith Ripper heatsinks designed by cooler master. 14 some heatpipes lol.

Im personally going to wait for Zen 2, but going to a 2950x is pretty tempting. R7 1700 is fine for me for now.

I'm thinking 2950x; I'd love a 2990wx but I doubt I could afford the RAM to keep those cores saturated!

Back