AMD Super HOT Coupons!!

Thanks monarch! I've been waiting for a good price on the 165 and you have delivered!!

does htat mean the previous 50 dollar off coupon on the 170 is not valid anymore?

This will be my first time putting together a system... I know the ins and outs of computers. But I've never bought OEM...

What I didn't realize on OEM, is that there is no warranty... is that true?

If so, those that are buying these EOM Opterons, are you buying Monarch's warranty?

Seems an awful big chance to blow $250, find out it doesn't work and be out of $250. :confused:

Please reply as I am definitly interested in buying an Opty and would love to save some money where I can.

Thanks!

Mr. Monarch, you are [H]'s favorite deal master!! WE LOVE YOU!!

PS. Please have my babies. >__<

Sadly, once again this has already been ripped by slickdeals and anandtech. Perhaps a new method is in order (your monarch login must be the same as your [h] email or nick or something) ?

I know it doesnt matter much to monarch who buys them, so maybe im just being selfish

my sweet god monarch you are killing me!!! ARGH I cant afford this.....but my tccd beckons to be put to actual use....how are the memory controllers on these things? will i hit ~ddr550 or beyond at 2.5-3-3-7?? *head explodes*

Oh god please spare me..... In case you are unaware, most people on AT are members here as well.... In addition, apparently you dont know, there are other forums THIS MONARCH REP posts the deals to. He posted to at least 1 other forum I know of. The deals he posts he, he posts on other sites as well if you didnt know that.

So please, spare me. If you really expect public hot-deals to remain on 1 forum, youre kidding yourself.

You know how many times my deals I post on fatwallet or AT forum get ripped off here as well? You dont see me whinning about it. Just enjoy the great deals and say thank you. Hot-deals all circle around to eachother.

jbrukardt said:
Sadly, once again this has already been ripped by slickdeals and anandtech. Perhaps a new method is in order (your monarch login must be the same as your [h] email or nick or something) ?

I know it doesnt matter much to monarch who buys them, so maybe im just being selfish

Aren't these deals supposed to be for [H] forums and the members here? If so, than anyone caught supplying these deals to other sites should be banned instantly. And you will be found, trust me

Juic3 said:
I believe that all X2's from the 4400 and up have 1mb per core.

I think its the X2 3800 and 4400 that are 512... and the 4200 and 4800 are 1... oh wait, what about the 4600?? :)

lw3d said:
Aren't these deals supposed to be for [H] forums and the members here? If so, than anyone caught supplying these deals to other sites should be banned instantly. And you will be found, trust me

As long as monarch is advertising it, then it's okay I guess... :)

You obviously dont know what youre talking about. YOU should be banned....

lw3d said:

Retsam said:
You obviously dont know what youre talking about. YOU should be banned....

Mr. Monarch shouldnt be saying, ' ok [H] forums, you asked for it you got it ... ' ' ok [H] forums, just for you guys ... '

Any sensible person knows what that means

Like I said before, if you are unaware, the monarch rep posts to other forums as well saying the same thing and gave the coupon codes.....get a clue. And listing the video card deals etc...Just because he says that, doesnt necessarily mean its for this forum only.

If you really wanna play that game of "this deal is for this forum only", I post many hot deals, and ill be sure to stop posting them here and just on fatwallet and anandtech instead if you wanted?

Like I said before. Just be happy you get great deals from a great place like MONARCH and that a REP is willing to post them for us and others to take advantage of. Just relax and enjoy the deals.
tongue.gif

That's right, Hot Deals is about getting the best deals to our bro's.

Terrific deal, thanks again Monarch! Ship it soon :)

Hah yeah I know... I think theyve gotten alot of orders. They havnt even shipped my opty 170 yet from the last coupon deal. Vid card hasnt shipped either yet :p

Absolute0 said:
That's right, Hot Deals is about getting the best deals to our bro's.

Terrific deal, thanks again Monarch! Ship it soon :)

oh man thats such a good price on the 146 and the 165... just awesome. If i hadnt picked up the 170 deal last time i would be all over a 165 right now.

I'm pretty good with other CPU's, but i never looked into Opterons, whats the Heirarchy like for these chips?

I notice that sometimes lower numbers are better?

is there a link that describes which ones are superior, or what they compare to in the X2 or FX lineup? any help is appreciated :D

Chowder Head said:
I shouldn't be worried that this is OEM, correct? I looked for the differences via google but I didn't find a concrete answer.

the only thing you wont get is the retail packaging.

hot price on the 165 but im still waiting for <250 for it. man i wish AMD would release a 1.8 ghz x2 cpu

You may be waiting a while.......

tvdang7 said:
hot price on the 165 but im still waiting for <250 for it. man i wish AMD would release a 1.8 ghz x2 cpu

Diashto said:
Opti has 1mb L2 cache per core. X2 has 512kb.
No, it depends on the core -- Toledo core X2's (4400, 4800) have 1MBx2, Manchester core has 512x2.

I was looking for a comparison between the 175 and the 4400 X2. Both 1MBx2 and both clocked at 2.2Ghz. From what I've found so far, the Opty's seem to be better overclockers but otherwise I've not found any major differences. Anybody care to enlighten me? If I could get an o/c on air to FX-60 speeds then I'd go with the 175. Do you think the A8N-SLI Premium would do it? I really wanted to the A8N-SLI32 but way to many problem reports at the moment for me to be comfortable with it.

There's nothing special about FX60 speeds. X2 3800+s have been hitting 2.6 on air for a long time now. And the good 3800+s do 2.7-2.8. If you dish out the money for a 165/170 you had better hope for more than 2.6 ;)

Absolute0 said:
There's nothing special about FX60 speeds. X2 3800+s have been hitting 2.6 on air for a long time now. And the good 3800+s do 2.7-2.8. If you dish out the money for a 165/170 you had better hope for more than 2.6 ;)
That's good to hear. :)

Do you have an opinion of the A8N-SLI Premium for o/c'ing the 175? I'm a long-time Asus fan and would prefer to stick with them if they can handle the o/c.

As far as I know the asus premium shouldnt have any problems ocing...

Well, I was all set to pull the trigger on the 175 with the $30 off coupon, then at checkout realized (I knew but had forgotten) that Monarch is here in Georgia... meaning $35 in sales tax. I can buy a retail boxed 175 with HSF and 3-year warranty for about $20 less at ZZF and Newegg...

Oh well, thanks anyway for the deals, MonarchGuy! You other non-Georgia residents enjoy! :)

Malatov said:
That's good to hear. :)

Do you have an opinion of the A8N-SLI Premium for o/c'ing the 175? I'm a long-time Asus fan and would prefer to stick with them if they can handle the o/c.

I have the asus premium board and am having alot of fun messin with my new 144 that came in today. Up to 2.6 right now and am going higher so you will have no problems OCing. Ordered a retail 144 on Tuesday...got it today from Monarch.

These deals werent around Tuesday obviously which sucks, I would have gotten the oem 146 instead or may have even splurged on a dual core at these prices.

Picked up opty 150 for my 3rd machine, gonna see how this games and overclocks vs my opty 175 @ 2.64 with ninja.

gahhh.... I was able to resist the last deal, but this is just killing me. why oh why must you actually give me the discount for the CPU I wanted & asked for?

you left me no choice.

will be ordering 170 monday night, hope these deals last until then :/

at these discounts, may have to spring for a 175

If I'm going to be building a system in the next 1-3 weeks, is this deal for the 165 the best it's going to get?

Well lets put it this way. Its only been cheaper one time before and it lasted for 4 days. And that was BEFORE amds price increase. Im sure it will get cheaper in time maybe after AM2 and new procs come out. Youll be waiting sometime though.

TheNewGuy8 said:
If I'm going to be building a system in the next 1-3 weeks, is this deal for the 165 the best it's going to get?

Which? The 165? Be alittle more specific, theres like 10 coupons. :p

Back