AMD store-mi?

I've used it.

Do not and I repeat do not use it for your boot volume. Unless you have a good backup plan in effect.

I've used it.

Do not and I repeat do not use it for your boot volume. Unless you have a good backup plan in effect.
Yeah it failed when I was experimenting with overclocks and I kept intentionally crashing Windows over and over again. I don't blame the software; it was 1000% my fault. It was flawless before that though. I only used it to accelerate my Steam hard drive.

I never got used to listening to the sound of my hard drives copying data 24/7. So in a way it was a blessing.

I concur with the DO NOT use it for your main boot volume. Honestly, unless the support has improved since i ditched it over a year ago, I'd avoid it for right now considering how cheap decent NVME drives are getting.

I thought AMD StoreMi can be used only as system drive. Is it not?
Can it be used as an additional drive if I already have system drive with Windows installed?

I learned my lesson as well. Lost boot drive and no way to recover. Great idea just too many issues. Will never attempt to use storemi again.

Back