AMD Ryzen Threadripper Packaging and Retail Dates Announced

the website that claimed it was coming with an aio cooler is now claiming it's not so it's hard to say. based on that giant box though i think it might be or it might be coming with that tower cooler amd was giving out to reviewers for the ryzen 7 processors.
That may be true. Either way, the massive box is because of the massive cooling solution included. At 16 cores and 180w TDP, I would expect nothing less.

Thread ripper seems to be the one thing AMD did right.

There might be a glass of water "accident" with my current rig where I would be forced to upgrade.

upload_2017-7-24_22-57-3.png

sauryzen

Im actually REALLY tempted to upgrade to one of those 16-core beasts and see how far a custom loop can take it...

Im actually REALLY tempted to upgrade to one of those 16-core beasts and see how far a custom loop can take it...

Yeah, but looking at the 1800x you won't gain much in clocks. You will need something hefty to keep it from throttling. That goes for both Intel and AMD.

Sucks but seems like OCing is losing it's appeal to me. The gains just aren't there. It's more about keeping the things cool.

Unless you do a chilled loop. Those are fun. Gains are still meh of course... more for the fun of it.

I'd say 120mm included or large HSF wraith spire like cooler. And what the hell is it made out of? Looks like some sort of foam or rubber housing.

Is it wrong that I have no need of a 12 core chip and yet I want one all the same?

Back