AMD Ryzen 6 Core and 4 Core Benchmark Leaks Rumor

Lets all just wish AMD well with Ryzen, I have said it before and it applies now, we all need competition in the market, competition is good for the consumer and if Ryzen performs similarly to these benchmarks, I will be tempted to upgrade from my 4770k.

Look at the reference scores from cpuz.

You guys are comparing apples to oranges, comparing a 3.8ghz KL to a 3.3+ghz ryzen.

It's running neck and neck with recent intel cpu's of similar frequency, and soundly beats the i7 5930k, which only scores 1841/10676 with the same number of cores and threads..

Intel's advantage is that you can clock to almost 5ghz. AMD won't be able to match that.
AMD's advantage is maybe cheap multicore performance

As long as AMD prices it under the 5930K, or the modern kaby equivalent, it will sell.

AMD needs to get its cpu's into more mainstream laptops.

kcfAAoV.png

not to mention a different version of cpu-z that didn't support ryzen yet. the new 1.78.3 is needed for ryzen, the pics are 1.78.1.

It's a benchmark. The update for ryzen should be so it sees the chip properly and can properly display the right information. The benchmark results should be the same.

Man...I need some reliable benchmarks...I've had my fill of rumors, hype trains, all I want now is to settle down for a hour and read some reviews. :(

Man all this info pre-release is killing me. That Crosshair VI Hero board looks nice. I just canceled an order for a SoundBlaster Z. 120 DB SNR onboard is damn good. It's been so long since I upgraded I had no idea onboard sound got that good. Video with a CreativeLabs rep the other day had me convinced. Might as well just wait to see for sure.

Think I've decided to do a full new build just for old times sake. New case and all components. I've made this rig go 6x longer than any that came before it. Now the 1080ti just needs to be released at the same time as an 1800x/1700x.

Back