AMD RX Vega Shown Off at Siggraph

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Not sure how much more information will be discussed about RX Vega by AMD this weekend at Siggraph, but let's hope it is bit more than just a look at the cards.

Check out the video.

Hardware Canucks said they were told price and approximate performance tonight so those will definitely be revealed tomorrow as the NDA from the secret event is up sometime tomorrow as well.

Please dont be a polished Turd...Bring us high-end performance at a competitive price point!

They look so nice that I hate to slap a water block on one. :) I hope the performance and price is right. Fingers crossed as if it is competitive then the Nvidia cards will get cheaper also. That would be a win for anyone wanting to upgrade.

So much beating around the bush, good chances it means it's shit.
Thinking the same thing, but if the cards does indeed turn out to be great, this would be one hell of a release, given that the normal behavior is to show off as much as you can of the upcoming product.

Personally, i would like a card that is as fast as a 1070, so i can replace my 970.

Well, it might be less than 24 hours now for the NDA to lift.

Thinking the same thing, but if the cards does indeed turn out to be great, this would be one hell of a release, given that the normal behavior is to show off as much as you can of the upcoming product.

Personally, i would like a card that is as fast as a 1070, so i can replace my 970.

Well, it might be less than 24 hours now for the NDA to lift.

Seems that AMD has gone into top secret mode for announcements. I'd rather them do it this way personally as professional reviewers should be the ones telling us how well a card performs instead of some guy sweating in his bedroom on Facebook Live. Too much hype and disappointment when leaks occur from sources that are challenged on how to hit the power button on a PC.

Seems that AMD has gone into top secret mode for announcements. I'd rather them do it this way personally as professional reviewers should be the ones telling us how well a card performs instead of some guy sweating in his bedroom on Facebook Live. Too much hype and disappointment when leaks occur from sources that are challenged on how to hit the power button on a PC.

*cough* Bulldozer *cough*

But... but... but.... WTF is the deal with showcasing the card ON THE FREAKING FLOOR??? Was there no table space available? geeezus!

But... but... but.... WTF is the deal with showcasing the card ON THE FREAKING FLOOR??? Was there no table space available? geeezus!
PR spent all their money on the special limited edition boxes, no money left for Walmart collapsible tables.

To symbolize where our hearts will sink when we see the performance and have to wait for the $1300+/- Titan Vista instead. ;)

Guys I've been kinda behind on AMD cards for quite some time.

Is this RX VEGA card supposed to be something to compete with the 1080Ti or is it going to be a budget card? Or somewhere in between?

I had an entire rant typed up but removed it because I'm happy with my 1080ti. I don't need to wait for Vega any longer I gave up already. It'll never hard launch at this rate.

Is this RX VEGA card supposed to be something to compete with the 1080Ti or is it going to be a budget card? Or somewhere in between?

they say it's suppose to compete with the GTX 1080 but whether that's a conservative statement or not we won't know til the reviews happen, the 500 series is the budget cards..

300W and 375W? For GTX 1080 performance and MAYBE (at best) GTX 1080Ti performance? Damn AMD, you managed to catch up, with almost double the power consumption :ROFLMAO:

300W and 375W? For GTX 1080 performance and MAYBE (at best) GTX 1080Ti performance? Damn AMD, you managed to catch up, with almost double the power consumption :ROFLMAO:

What sucks is that AMD is the second player on the planet. The second player and the only high-end player in the space except Nvidia can't do better. How is that for depressing. Is this some type of impossible task or what? Is it investment? We have no innovators in so many spaces due to barrier to entry.

I have often felt that a few brilliant people are what makes products happen, seems like this is just more proof of that.

What sucks is that AMD is the second player on the planet. The second player and the only high-end player in the space except Nvidia can't do better. How is that for depressing. Is this some type of impossible task or what? Is it investment? We have no innovators in so many spaces due to barrier to entry.

I have often felt that a few brilliant people are what makes products happen, seems like this is just more proof of that.

There are so many patents out there on this technology that you'd need another set of patents for something that AMD / Intel / Nvidia / Microsoft etc need to swap licensing to keep from being sued into oblivion.

You're supposed to run Vega with Freesync so you don't notice that it doesn't compete with 1080Ti.

I just cant wrap my head around AMD man, ive tried both for many years. Somehow, always Nvidia coming out on top for $/performance. Let's see if that changes.

If it matches the 1080, it means another ~30% speed boost for another 12 Benjamins from nvidia next year.

If it matches the 1080, it means another ~30% speed boost for another 12 Benjamins from nvidia next year.

GTX-1080-REVIEWS-89.jpg

TITAN-X-345-89.jpg

nVidia is pushed ahead by competition in other areas more than AMD regardless.

Back